Favourite Celtic FC Song/Chant?

Can any of the older chaps or chapesses remember.. we,'re the Glasgow Celtic baby,weve got class....Celtic ya Bass...Johnstone ,Chalmers, Murdoch baby they're ok...It was sung to I,m the Urban Spaceman...but I can't remember all the words...Started to sing it one night...but the words didnt come back to me...late sixties ,early seventies song. HELP?

There was some mince ones back in the day. KIng Billy had an army, that Bobby Sands song, say hello to the provos, .....we're gaunae celebrate was particularly shite. I liked the version of Hail Glorious St Patrick,- in the game against Rangers in the fight for the cup- That one. Michael Fagan shagged the queen. Liked that. Roamiiiiiiin in the gloamiiiiin......was my fave.

Can any of the older chaps or chapesses remember.. we,'re the Glasgow Celtic baby,weve got class....Celtic ya Bass...Johnstone ,Chalmers, Murdoch baby they're ok...It was sung to I,m the Urban Spaceman...but I can't remember all the words...Started to sing it one night...but the words didnt come back to me...late sixties ,early seventies song. HELP?
sorry Frank,too many exotic substances smoked tae remember pal HHo_O!

There was some mince ones back in the day. KIng Billy had an army, that Bobby Sands song, say hello to the provos, .....we're gaunae celebrate was particularly shite. I liked the version of Hail Glorious St Patrick,- in the game against Rangers in the fight for the cup- That one. Michael Fagan shagged the queen. Liked that. Roamiiiiiiin in the gloamiiiiin......was my fave.

I loved belting oot we're gonnae celebrate in the jungle, very popular that one with the troops.

Very hard to pic a favorite. I remember getting the old "Hail Hail Celtic v Rangers" video years ago, VHS. There was a clip of Over and Over on it, with the camera panning the jungle. Makes the hairs on yer neck stand up.

Any idea who penned the original?

Clip below is CATB's version

I think that picture in the video of all the people holding up scarves is my Facebook cover photo.

Interestingly, "Over and Over" is the first song I learned top to bottom.

celtic2.jpg

Not really, no, Michael. While you have people who are passionate about their teams and there are rivalries (here in baseball it's the San Francisco Giants who hate the Los Angeles Dodgers), it's nothing like the rivalry between Celtic and Sevco.

Baseball is usually pretty quiet until something happens (sort of like cricket), and American football (also known as hand-egg :D) and basketball are a little more active, from a spectator standpoint, but there's nothing like the singing and chanting.

I was commenting to a friend (who thinks I need to be committed for becoming a football fan :)) about the differences between the American spectators and their sports and the football fans around the world (the exception would be some of the MLS teams have very vocal fans who sing and chant, especially the Portland Timbers and Seattle Sounders). The difference is that the American fans may love their teams, but they are more reserved. Football fans around the world wear their love for their teams on their sleeves, and that's so cool. It is what draws me to the game in general and Celtic in particular.

We have a MLS team about 20 miles from here in San Jose -- the San Jose Earthquakes -- and I plan to attend games starting next month. I have never been to one yet, but it will be interesting to see.

Members online

Latest posts

Back