Favourite Celtic FC Song/Chant?

Not really, no, Michael. While you have people who are passionate about their teams and there are rivalries (here in baseball it's the San Francisco Giants who hate the Los Angeles Dodgers), it's nothing like the rivalry between Celtic and Sevco.

Baseball is usually pretty quiet until something happens (sort of like cricket), and American football (also known as hand-egg :D) and basketball are a little more active, from a spectator standpoint, but there's nothing like the singing and chanting.

I was commenting to a friend (who thinks I need to be committed for becoming a football fan :)) about the differences between the American spectators and their sports and the football fans around the world (the exception would be some of the MLS teams have very vocal fans who sing and chant, especially the Portland Timbers and Seattle Sounders). The difference is that the American fans may love their teams, but they are more reserved. Football fans around the world wear their love for their teams on their sleeves, and that's so cool. It is what draws me to the game in general and Celtic in particular.

We have a MLS team about 20 miles from here in San Jose -- the San Jose Earthquakes -- and I plan to attend games starting next month. I have never been to one yet, but it will be interesting to see.
like it Icafiero,when ye go tae the "soccer"get the singin goin,maybe organise a "poznan" hit them wi wae walk on,ah get some mls games on t.v and i'm quite impressed wi the passion of fan's seattle sounder's in particular,spread the word mate,especially after we hump valencia tomorrow night ,european night's at parkhead are so feckin special!!!!!

for it's a grand old team to play for
for it's a grand old team to get the jail for
and if ,ye know the history,it's enough tae make yer heart go oh oh oh oh.
we don't care what the animals say,what the hell do we care,
for we only know, that's there's gonnae be a show
and the Glasgow Celtic will be there,
and the Glasgow Celtic will be there!!!!
COYBIG!!!!!!!!

Indeed, there are loads of great songs. And I had to look up Jimmy Hill -- thank you, Wikipedia -- and he sounds like a real piece of work.

I would think this would be a safe bet as a favourite song for @Maria . . . . :D

Oh maaan. Am in love n a love it

Reactions: TET
like it Icafiero,when ye go tae the "soccer"get the singin goin,maybe organise a "poznan" hit them wi wae walk on,ah get some mls games on t.v and i'm quite impressed wi the passion of fan's seattle sounder's in particular,spread the word mate,especially after we hump valencia tomorrow night ,european night's at parkhead are so feckin special!!!!!

Walk on. Gives me chills every time i hear it at Celtic Park. I just burst with pride with our lot.

Truly amazin.

Knee tremblin stuff

67 in the heat of Lisbon brings back all those special memories of winning the Big Cup so proud when the fans sing it. Along with ynwa especially the part when the fans sing it just brings joy to my heart. HH

For some reason, I seem to remember reading a thread along these lines and now I can't find it. Apologies if this is a repeat.

Since watching Sunday's game, I've had the Depeche Mode song "I Just Can't Get Enough" (the Celtic version) stuck in my head. I have even been singing it at work, and driving my daughter crazy with it at home. It would probably be justifiable homicide to kill me to stop me from singing it, but I digress.

In any case, I was wondering what you all listen to in the way of Celtic songs or chants. YouTube has an interesting collection (search Celtic FC songs) and after going through a collection there, I've also picked up an appreciation for Damien Quinn and his Celtic songs (and his rebel songs, too).

[Also, someone in the thread I can't find mentioned creating a song for Bayo using Harry Belafonte's "Banana Boat Song" -- if that was you, please, please, please weigh in, because I think that's a fantastic idea, and I've already put together some lyrics for it!]

Other than "I Just Can't Get Enough," I particularly like James Miles' "Celtic - My Heart and My Soul" and some others.

How about others?

This Land music by Woody Guthrie coupled with Let the People sing

Back Home in Derry to the tune of Gordon Lightfoot's Wreck of The Edmund Fitzgerald lyrics by Bobby Sands and 15th International Brigade by Christie Moore

How about Young Americans by Bowie when Timo Weah scores? The sax and. drum intro is pure class

Shammy I said SAX and drum intro

??????

HH?

Listened to that all the way through. Loved it! Many miles away oot here in Thailand but this song made me feel at hame, my heart is bursting with pride after listening to that.

Agreed magic

Reactions: TET
Ye live n learn. I like the rebs.

But i have always been rebellious. Haha

Back