Favourite Celtic FC Song/Chant?

lcafiero

For some reason, I seem to remember reading a thread along these lines and now I can't find it. Apologies if this is a repeat.

Since watching Sunday's game, I've had the Depeche Mode song "I Just Can't Get Enough" (the Celtic version) stuck in my head. I have even been singing it at work, and driving my daughter crazy with it at home. It would probably be justifiable homicide to kill me to stop me from singing it, but I digress.

In any case, I was wondering what you all listen to in the way of Celtic songs or chants. YouTube has an interesting collection (search Celtic FC songs) and after going through a collection there, I've also picked up an appreciation for Damien Quinn and his Celtic songs (and his rebel songs, too).

[Also, someone in the thread I can't find mentioned creating a song for Bayo using Harry Belafonte's "Banana Boat Song" -- if that was you, please, please, please weigh in, because I think that's a fantastic idea, and I've already put together some lyrics for it!]

Other than "I Just Can't Get Enough," I particularly like James Miles' "Celtic - My Heart and My Soul" and some others.

How about others?

For some reason, I seem to remember reading a thread along these lines and now I can't find it. Apologies if this is a repeat.

Since watching Sunday's game, I've had the Depeche Mode song "I Just Can't Get Enough" (the Celtic version) stuck in my head. I have even been singing it at work, and driving my daughter crazy with it at home. It would probably be justifiable homicide to kill me to stop me from singing it, but I digress.

In any case, I was wondering what you all listen to in the way of Celtic songs or chants. YouTube has an interesting collection (search Celtic FC songs) and after going through a collection there, I've also picked up an appreciation for Damien Quinn and his Celtic songs (and his rebel songs, too).

[Also, someone in the thread I can't find mentioned creating a song for Bayo using Harry Belafonte's "Banana Boat Song" -- if that was you, please, please, please weigh in, because I think that's a fantastic idea, and I've already put together some lyrics for it!]

Other than "I Just Can't Get Enough," I particularly like James Miles' "Celtic - My Heart and My Soul" and some others.

How about others?

Without doubt 'You'll Never Walk Alone' whether along with Gerry and the Pacemakers or Celtic support unaccompanied

Even our European opponents fans post videos of it

HH?

How about others?
No Huns at Hampden. That always makes me ??????

Tell all the huns you know that we're gawn tae seville and there no'
They'll be watching eastenders when we're on a bender.
Loved that one, if I remember right new verses were always appearing but my brain is refusing to access them.

We'll be speaking the Lingo When they're going to the Bingo

We'll be in Seville when they're watching the Bill

We'll be playing with our Lilo's when they're cashing their Giros ???

HH?

Back