Favourite Hunskelping Ever?

Definitely the 4-2 game on 21st , May , 1979 .
The fact that it was our final game of the season and that victory would give us the league whereas if we didn’t win it was in their hands to clinch it in their remaining two league games. Those circumstances added to the sheer drama of the occasion with the ebb and flow of the scoring and turning it around after Johnny Doyle was sent off when we were 1-0 down.made it very , very special to be there .
So many memories but none better than Murdo McLeod’s screamer in the final minute followed by 10/15 minutes of singing in the Jungle “ We are the Champions “ to the tune of Mary Hopkins’ song ( “Those were the days my friends”) as thei Rangers End emptied to being completely deserted. I think the fact that there was no television coverage of the game has only added to the mysticism and legend of that unforgettable Celtic Park Monday evening. - AMAZING !
Hope it's ok to post this
Bit grainy and out of focus but here's your game

1963 Scottish Cup final where I seen for the first time a wee red haired lad who completely blew me and everyone around me away, ended 1-1 but all I could think of was who was the wonder kid, It was Jinky of course we lost the replay 3-0 but Jinky wasn't playing.. Apart from that my first win 3-1 against the Huns in 1964, I was there with my mate (A Hun) who had goaded me for a long time about never beating them!

Last edited:
6-2 was special. Of course it was. But Jo Venglos 5-1 was also special; I was at an STUC thing that morning and the youth officer (and now current General Secretary) Grahame Smith, was slagging me about the team. He was a big Rangers man and I daresay now a big Sevconut haha. I wasn't confident, although (and this is no joke) I had pointed to Lubo, who I thought was immense the week before, as a possible scene-stealer.

I said "the way the team blows hot and cold it could be anywhere between a narrow Celtic win and being on the end of a hiding."

He was trying to be diplomatic, but I think he thought them giving us a hiding was more than possible. "The days of Celtic-Rangers games ending with one side winning four or five one are over," he said.

"I hope so," I told him :)

I left and heard the team on the way to the match. Thought Dr J had shot it by playing one man up front at home. Got as drunk that night as I ever have :)

Yet for all that, going to Ibrox in Martin's treble season and winning 3-0 ... that is the sweetest of the sweet because I'd sat on the roundabout outside the ground the year before after us being pumped 4-0 in tears because I really couldn't see where we were going as a club. To me, the Venglos year and the Barnes year were, in their own way, worse than when the mob were doing nine in a row.

It was before I became an Internet Bampot and before I wrote my first piece on how Rangers were running out of money. At that time if you didn't know what was going on behind the scenes, and nobody really did, it looked like they could just keep spending until the cows came home; at that point another long run of league titles for them seemed entirely possible.

Then Martin arrived and stopped the train in its tracks. To go back to Ibrox - where until that year I'd never seen us win in spite of about a dozen trips there - and just destroy them so completely (and they had beat us 5-1 there earlier in the campaign, don't forget) ... that was magnificent. There will never be a day like it again.

The one that immediately came to mind for me was the whitewash result. They were celebrating a 0-0 with minutes to go until big Sutton silenced them with that chip.

In the grand scheme of things it didn't mean anything as I think the league was finished but as a getitupye, it was one of my favourites.

It's the Venglos 5-1 game for me. I loved the Wim Jansen season and the results that time but my overwhelming feeling most of that season was relief that we were giving ourselves a chance. I was a kid for most of the dark years but vividly remember the frustration of the Tommy Burns era where we closed up but couldn't quite get close enough. Played some lovely football though! Wim got the result that Tommy couldn't. Going into the (ultimately disappointing) Venglos era though every dream was possible. When we won 5-1 I was a university student and had just bought my first PC. I changed all the window sounds to radio commentary from that game. I couldn't minimise a window without hearing Moravcik's score! Reminds me of a time in my life where everything was possible for both me and the hoops!

For me, it was the 2-0 Scottish cup win in March 97. We had not beaten them since August 94, when we had beaten them at their place. That period was without doubt the hardest to stomach, because unlike the way they've played against us over the last two years, we threw everything but the kitchen sink at them in the games during that period, but the Cardigan's horrible anti football always won out in the end. I was at Celtic park that night, Mackay and Di Canio were the scorers and I'll never forget the atmosphere and absolute outpouring of emotion and relief when we'd finally beaten them after over 2 and a half years.

This was was one of my first too I was 16. I got my first season ticket the season we played at Hampden (we beat them that year, remember Rudi Vata?) but this was different actually meant something. From the moment I woke up its all I could think about, it's all we spoke about at school that day. We all had a calmness, a knowledge we'd do it that night. Only ever had that feeling once since (the invincible Cup final v Aberdeen).
The 6-2 game was something else. The noise for Lambert's goal, it wasn't a cheer it was just a crazy indescribable noise. HH

6...2 for me big Chris with the early goal. Then the best goal iv ever seen by the man who walks on water henrick larrson and Martin O'Neil jumping 20 ft when the goal went in memory's are made of theses

St. Patrick's Day Massacre 3-0 and three huns sent off in an era where there was precious little to enjoy!
Did them one nothing the next week as well!

I had to go to hospital to get the smile surgically removed ?

So many good memories. The win on a Friday evening at Celtic Park just after the 1965 cup final win springs to mind. Best for me was our reserves beating them 3-0 at Hampden in a Glasgow. Cup tie.. Big Tommy Gemmellbeing the only first team regular to start. What a Riddy we gave them.

Back