Fed up with various blogs

Robby, I stand guilty as charged of being one of those dafties that used the Celtic Blog to attack folk who attacked good people that I regard as friends (and to be honest, I still do periodically).

I barely comment on the articles themselves now, as I feel it is only fair for the genuine contributors to have their say without getting drawn into my nonsense debates with a wee odious troll who has nothing positive to say and who has a nasty inclination towards being particularly dickish to two of our female stalwarts (I'll refer you to Shamrock's previous post on this subject).

I won't apologise to that non-entity (emphasis on the tit), but I am due an apology to decent Celtic fans on that particular platform who have their opinions undermined by personal spats.

I'll also apologise to James Forrest, David, and the other writers for detracting from the main points of the articles. It's also worthy of note that the mods have done a really good job of editing the particularly nasty comments left by hun trolls and rather insane conspiracy theorists.

We have our fair share of disagreements and general wackiness on The Celtic Noise, but I feel that we mostly have the ability to make up and get over any issues we may have with each other. There will be some misunderstandings whilst we get to each others idiosyncrasies, but there are none of the regular contributors who I feel have any other agendas or ulterior motives.

I hope this platform continues to grow and it would be a welcome boost if some of the other two thousand or so members would like to add their thoughts on all matters.

As Benignus pointed out, it may be that many just like to read and digest the comments; however - as he has emphasised himself by being an extremely valued contributor with many excellent points and opinions, it may be the case that those members who don't feel they have anything relevant to say are hiding their own lights under a bushel.

On a personal note, I'm still prone to a bout of the dafties every now and then, but it's good to know that you fine folk will pop my balloon when I'm desperately trying to locate my plot.

HH

As I mentioned earlier SP, this is my first venture into anything on the interweb, and I'm really glad I did, it's a real microcosm of society, some cracking characters on here.
I can't believe how addictive it can be, (maybe my addictive personality) I love the banter and even when the heat gets turned up, we can have an argument amongst ourselves without being nasty about it, the blood of the Celts flow through our veins so it's only bloody natural that we will argue at times. I was laughing to myself during a recent ding dong and found myself singing a wee tune that the Irish fans sing at the rugby, apologies for a wee lyric change, 'shoulder, to shoulder,we'll fight like cat and dog,'

I have only corresponded a handful of times with 50SOG, yet this weekend I've thought about him on a few occasions as he's going through his triple bypass, this really goes to show I've extended my already huge family with some fine folks who I might never meet although I'll defo take up the offer of a pint with yourself and TGJC in your hometown one day, probably next season as we march forward to our second 9iar. Hope your keeping well big fella.

As I mentioned earlier SP, this is my first venture into anything on the interweb, and I'm really glad I did, it's a real microcosm of society, some cracking characters on here.
I can't believe how addictive it can be, (maybe my addictive personality) I love the banter and even when the heat gets turned up, we can have an argument amongst ourselves without being nasty about it, the blood of the Celts flow through our veins so it's only bloody natural that we will argue at times. I was laughing to myself during a recent ding dong and found myself singing a wee tune that the Irish fans sing at the rugby, apologies for a wee lyric change, 'shoulder, to shoulder,we'll fight like cat and dog,'

I have only corresponded a handful of times with 50SOG, yet this weekend I've thought about him on a few occasions as he's going through his triple bypass, this really goes to show I've extended my already huge family with some fine folks who I might never meet although I'll defo take up the offer of a pint with yourself and TGJC in your hometown one day, probably next season as we march forward to our second 9iar. Hope your keeping well big fella.
Yeah, it's a strange phenomenon getting to know relative strangers and their unique experiences of being a Celtic fan.

I can honestly say that even during apparent disagreements, there doesn't seem to be many issues that can't be mended with a bit of time and understanding.

In my own case, I tend to just read the parts that suit me and ignore the substance. It's only when I read back that I realise that I've invariably put my size 10 in my gob again and made a bit of an arse of myself

I guess that that's half the fun though and usually two spoonfuls of "get it right up yi" normally clears the fugue.

I have to point out that "a pint" singular isn't quite going to cut it, B. There are a lot of wrongs to put right and it'll take more than a pint to even scratch the surface! You'll have to strap yourself in and prepare for lift-off along with the other rockets that populate my city.

I'm hoping that 50SoG might be match-fit soon and that he's managing to keep himself out of trouble with the nurses (if you're needing a hand to fend them off 50, then I'll take one, or two, for the team).

Yeah, it's a strange phenomenon getting to know relative strangers and their unique experiences of being a Celtic fan.

I can honestly say that even during apparent disagreements, there doesn't seem to be many issues that can't be mended with a bit of time and understanding.

In my own case, I tend to just read the parts that suit me and ignore the substance. It's only when I read back that I realise that I've invariably put my size 10 in my gob again and made a bit of an arse of myself

I guess that that's half the fun though and usually two spoonfuls of "get it right up yi" normally clears the fugue.

I have to point out that "a pint" singular isn't quite going to cut it, B. There are a lot of wrongs to put right and it'll take more than a pint to even scratch the surface! You'll have to strap yourself in and prepare for lift-off along with the other rockets that populate my city.

I'm hoping that 50SoG might be match-fit soon and that he's managing to keep himself out of trouble with the nurses (if you're needing a hand to fend them off 50, then I'll take one, or two, for the team).

Believe me mate, the 'sesh' was implied, you may have missed the boat with the nurses as 50 will hopefully by now turning on the charm and will be greedily keeping the all to himself.

Members online

Latest posts

Back