FFS Celtic, get it done

If the stories are true that Howe wants to bring Hughes with him to be director of football that might be causing a stumbling block?

Personally I'm not convinced by directors of football, and having a manager appointing the DF just seems wrong. Appoint your own boss? 🤷‍♂️

Why does everything take so long with our board
To answer your question CF I would guess we are in worse shape than we can imagine with the damage PL traitor, lenny and Hammond have caused us.
No wonder we need to get DM in as a matter of emergency to try and sort out the money and contacts of so many flops we have currently on our books.
Just take Ajeti and Barkas, who most of us would like to see the back of, with no idea on how much we are paying them and international experience if we said 30k a week then we are still looking at the guts of 10m to buy up there contact to get rid of them as I couldn't see anyone offering them a better contract than they are currently on and Surly wouldn't pay what we did for them.
Throw in ntcham and boli as well as a good few others and we could well be stuck with a pile of shite that we want and need to get shot of.
We are also overloaded with so many youngsters that still might not be ready to make that step up to 1st team and yet there fate could be decided by a load of Diddy clubs who if you got all of there supporters together wouldn't be able to fill half of Celtic Park. Why these shite have a say is beyond me and as usual the Scottish FA will only allow anything that the scum want. So we now have a huge amount of youngsters who's careers are hanging in the balance.
So we still may yet be stuck with a load of unhappy players with a fair amount of shite still on the books and yet we still think a new manager is going to want to take that on?
I believe we still have a huge amount of work to do behind the scenes before we are even in a position to name a new manager and this is a worry as I can't see a new man wanting to take on the position as things stand and also could cost the club millions in trying to get rid of many we would like to see the back of

Maybe he's still weighing up his options using Celtic interest to flush out other suitors ,Newcastle/Palace already been muted , Could also be a case where any new manager will want to come in after the seasons over that way he's got his own team around him and planned for the season ahead

Can't see him coming and taking over just now ,taking over a team who are unfit and can't be arsed

i don't think he'll come i just don't see it

Maybe he's still weighing up his options using Celtic interest to flush out other suitors ,Newcastle/Palace already been muted , Could also be a case where any new manager will want to come in after the seasons over that way he's got his own team around him and planned for the season ahead

Can't see him coming and taking over just now ,taking over a team who are unfit and can't be arsed

Got the same fears Kelly, and certainly can't see any appointment been made or announced until the end of the season at earliest. Still far from confident that it is actually Eddie Howe as much as I think it would be a great appointment for us

You ve been reading the Dailyrecord ya rascal.

If the stories are true that Howe wants to bring Hughes with him to be director of football that might be causing a stumbling block?

Personally I'm not convinced by directors of football, and having a manager appointing the DF just seems wrong. Appoint your own boss? 🤷‍♂️
With you there Hoopy. Thought most clubs who operated with a DoF had a 1st team coach (not manager). It seems to me that the DoF is the boss not the coach. I can’t recall ever having being sounded out as to who my next boss should be.
Although some other numpty (McLeish?) suggested that the players should be polled as they might want Kennedy.
Who will it be next? The ground staff?

To answer your question CF I would guess we are in worse shape than we can imagine with the damage PL traitor, lenny and Hammond have caused us.
No wonder we need to get DM in as a matter of emergency to try and sort out the money and contacts of so many flops we have currently on our books.
Just take Ajeti and Barkas, who most of us would like to see the back of, with no idea on how much we are paying them and international experience if we said 30k a week then we are still looking at the guts of 10m to buy up there contact to get rid of them as I couldn't see anyone offering them a better contract than they are currently on and Surly wouldn't pay what we did for them.
Throw in ntcham and boli as well as a good few others and we could well be stuck with a pile of shite that we want and need to get shot of.
We are also overloaded with so many youngsters that still might not be ready to make that step up to 1st team and yet there fate could be decided by a load of Diddy clubs who if you got all of there supporters together wouldn't be able to fill half of Celtic Park. Why these shite have a say is beyond me and as usual the Scottish FA will only allow anything that the scum want. So we now have a huge amount of youngsters who's careers are hanging in the balance.
So we still may yet be stuck with a load of unhappy players with a fair amount of shite still on the books and yet we still think a new manager is going to want to take that on?
I believe we still have a huge amount of work to do behind the scenes before we are even in a position to name a new manager and this is a worry as I can't see a new man wanting to take on the position as things stand and also could cost the club millions in trying to get rid of many we would like to see the back of
Pretty much sums it up John no 🤦🏼‍♂️

🤣🤣there's a fellow fan on radio clyde shouting the club need to come out and tell us who they're looking at for the job lol cause he's only heard howes name he thinks it will be howe n Kennedy only in the mix honest to God some fans won't be happy till the board are sending weekly letters out to them way everybit of daily business 🤣

🤣🤣there's a fellow fan on radio clyde shouting the club need to come out and tell us who they're looking at for the job lol cause he's only heard howes name he thinks it will be howe n Kennedy only in the mix honest to God some fans won't be happy till the board are sending weekly letters out to them way everybit of daily business 🤣
you still listening to tha pish Cairnsey?Let doon!

If the delay is down to Howe holding out for his own coaching staff then I'd fully understand that and I'd be worried and disappointed if he didn't tbh (don't want another Lenny/JK/Starchan situation) but if the delay is down to Howe holding out for his DoF demands to be met then I'd tell him to jog on.

One of the main reasons for appointing a DoF is to keep a degree of stability and continuity at the club when a manager decides to move on so if Howe taking the job hinges on him choosing his own man for the DoF position, someone who would more than likely leave with him when he decided his time was up, then that's a demand too far and one the club shouldn't be caving to.

Listen Howe is a good young coach who navigated a lowly club like Bournemouth through the lower leagues and up into 9th in the EPL table and that's a tremendous achievement in anybody's book but the way some people are banging on about him you would think he marched Bournemouth to the EPL title and into the latter stages of the CL ffs!

There is NO way in hell CELTIC FOOTBALL CLUB should be risking the long term stability of it's football operation for anybody never mind risking it to secure the services of an ex-Bournemouth manager so it's about time this guy appreciated the massive opportunity he's being offered, stopped making unreasonable demands and gives the club an answer or he can piss off to Newcastle or Crystal Palace where he can fight for survival instead of trophies and we can get on with offering the job to someone else!

Back