FFS Celtic, get it done

If the delay is down to Howe holding out for his own coaching staff then I'd fully understand that and I'd be worried and disappointed if he didn't tbh (don't want another Lenny/JK/Starchan situation) but if the delay is down to Howe holding out for his DoF demands to be met then I'd tell him to jog on.

One of the main reasons for appointing a DoF is to keep a degree of stability and continuity at the club when a manager decides to move on so if Howe taking the job hinges on him choosing his own man for the DoF position, someone who would more than likely leave with him when he decided his time was up, then that's a demand too far and one the club shouldn't be caving to.

Listen Howe is a good young coach who navigated a lowly club like Bournemouth through the lower leagues and up into 9th in the EPL table and that's a tremendous achievement in anybody's book but the way some people are banging on about him you would think he marched Bournemouth to the EPL title and into the latter stages of the CL ffs!

There is NO way in hell CELTIC FOOTBALL CLUB should be risking the long term stability of it's football operation for anybody never mind risking it to secure the services of an ex-Bournemouth manager so it's about time this guy appreciated the massive opportunity he's being offered, stopped making unreasonable demands and gives the club an answer or he can piss off to Newcastle or Crystal Palace where he can fight for survival instead of trophies and we can get on with offering the job to someone else!
I get and understand that shadow and can't disagree.
We are all under the impression that a DoF will be appointed and yet many managers don't and won't work under one. I do believe it is the right direction to be going even if it means that we could lose out on a few good possible managers

I get and understand that shadow and can't disagree.
We are all under the impression that a DoF will be appointed and yet many managers don't and won't work under one. I do believe it is the right direction to be going even if it means that we could lose out on a few good possible managers

If that's the direction the club has decided to take then I'm sure Howe has been made aware of it during his discussions with them mate. If it's not something he's comfortable with then he should tell the club that and say thanks but no thanks and allow all parties to move on.

The club needs an answer soon and for all the talk about Howe's achievements people seem to forget that this is a massive opportunity for him also so it's 'make your mind up time' for Howe.

It should now be a case of 'these are the terms, do you want the job or not?'!

If the delay is down to Howe holding out for his own coaching staff then I'd fully understand that and I'd be worried and disappointed if he didn't tbh (don't want another Lenny/JK/Starchan situation) but if the delay is down to Howe holding out for his DoF demands to be met then I'd tell him to jog on.

One of the main reasons for appointing a DoF is to keep a degree of stability and continuity at the club when a manager decides to move on so if Howe taking the job hinges on him choosing his own man for the DoF position, someone who would more than likely leave with him when he decided his time was up, then that's a demand too far and one the club shouldn't be caving to.

Listen Howe is a good young coach who navigated a lowly club like Bournemouth through the lower leagues and up into 9th in the EPL table and that's a tremendous achievement in anybody's book but the way some people are banging on about him you would think he marched Bournemouth to the EPL title and into the latter stages of the CL ffs!

There is NO way in hell CELTIC FOOTBALL CLUB should be risking the long term stability of it's football operation for anybody never mind risking it to secure the services of an ex-Bournemouth manager so it's about time this guy appreciated the massive opportunity he's being offered, stopped making unreasonable demands and gives the club an answer or he can piss off to Newcastle or Crystal Palace where he can fight for survival instead of trophies and we can get on with offering the job to someone else!
Great point its one thing demanding ur own coaching staff but DOF naw mate u kin jog on🖕 canny have that if the DOF is his bloody pal then there's nobody to tell him that he's wrong and the DOF is go between to board and gaffer he shudnae be so close to the gaffer its got to be strictly professional

Hi Eddie come do the job be great win things. But your not running the whole shit show we need the Board to fuck up all on their Ownsome. Your the Manager in waiting by all accounts you don’t or shouldn’t get to
Pick the man that fires you if it goes TITS up. Or pick Big wages and Managerial mediocrity with staving off Relegation every other year as an achievement in the EPL.
That to me seems an easy choice. Win things Test yourself in Europe stay 3/4/5 years then go to the top end with a solid reputation Your choice but ffs make it quick
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀

Great point its one thing demanding ur own coaching staff but DOF naw mate u kin jog on🖕 canny have that if the DOF is his bloody pal then there's nobody to tell him that he's wrong and the DOF is go between to board and gaffer he shudnae be so close to the gaffer its got to be strictly professional

If it's true he's demanding his own pick for DoF before agreeing to take the job (I don't know if it is or not tbh) then he's got some brass neck on him mate!

Don't get me wrong Howe would be well within his rights to want to know who he'll be working with, if they can work together successfully and if they have a shared vision that compliments one another's roles but he should be in no way allowed to dictate who that person should be or have one of his own people installed.

This 'demand' could just as easily be all bullshit paper talk too mate so we should probably take it with a pinch of salt for now but whatever the truth we need an answer from Howe and we need it soon!

If it's true he's demanding his own pick for DoF before agreeing to take the job (I don't know if it is or not tbh) then he's got some brass neck on him mate!

Don't get me wrong Howe would be well within his rights to want to know who he'll be working with, if they can work together successfully and if they have a shared vision that compliments one another's roles but he should be in no way allowed to dictate who that person should be or have one of his own people installed.

This 'demand' could just as easily be all bullshit paper talk too mate so we should probably take it with a pinch of salt for now but whatever the truth we need an answer from Howe and we need it soon!
It would have made a lot more sense to have appointed the DoF first (which could have been done months ago) so that there was no DoF vacancy and, as others have said, for continuity in case the head coach leaves and to allow the DoF to have the boss/subordinate lines drawn. We saw what happened this season when the boss was too close to his subordinate.

If Lawwell is so keen to have what must be his lovechild employed, Lawwell can employ him as his butler or chauffeur but he needs to give it a rest with the job for life shit.
Why the fk does Lawwell care anymore? He’s out in a couple of months. Is he so fkn stupid that he doesn’t realise that no decent manager/coach will accept people he doesn’t want being foisted on him?
Are you the new CEO or not Dom? Tell Lawwell to fk’off if there is any truth to this story.

Why the fk does Lawwell care anymore? He’s out in a couple of months. Is he so fkn stupid that he doesn’t realise that no decent manager/coach will accept people he doesn’t want being foisted on him?
Are you the new CEO or not Dom? Tell Lawwell to fk’off if there is any truth to this story.
(y)

I have to say that I don't have the patience for this and the appointment seems a way off - though Celtic have been effective in the past at revealing nothing until the deal is done.

If Eddie Howe wants to extend his holiday, mess about and wait until the summer to see if he gets other offers, I think Celtic should just end its interest in him and go after someone else. After all, it's not Crystal Palace that we are talking about here.

It would have made a lot more sense to have appointed the DoF first (which could have been done months ago) so that there was no DoF vacancy and, as others have said, for continuity in case the head coach leaves and to allow the DoF to have the boss/subordinate lines drawn. We saw what happened this season when the boss was too close to his subordinate.

Spot on mate but sense went oot the windae at Celtic a while back unfortunately!

Maybe Kennedy has compromising pictures of him having a 5 way agreement! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Exactly.mate do we really awe believe that the bold Peter is demanding that Howe keeps big lurch on?? Load a shite

Members online

Latest posts

Back