Fireworks

I appreciate your point of view mate. I know my opinion on this is very much a minority one. And my point is that the risk of anything going wrong with the kind of display they had on Thursday is so minimal that it's worth it. But I also do take your points. It's an interesting discussion, but a moot 'argument', as UEFA will just keep fining us if we keep using pyrotechnics. And of course I agree that we have to stop in these circumstances.

It's only worth it till it ain't mate and I'm sure we can all agree that we'd rather no get to that point where it's proved it really wasn't worth it after all......as that means someone has paid the price.

Unlikely to happen I know but if a genuine professionally controlled pyro display was sanctioned by the club in an area in front of NOT in the stands then I wouldn't have an issue with it. We see similar displays organised by clubs themselves before big matches and at trophy presentations so maybe that's something worth discussing as a compromise.

HH mate (y)

Radio Snyde setting the agenda fort the cabin fever fortnight upon us, Sevco players will wqant their photo with Slippy in his sevco strip, Celtic is that £320000 or more for pyros fans phone in your (negative comments) thoughts on this,
WTF has it got to do with Radio Clyde if you want to talk up Scottish football then lets talk down UEFA and ask why is nothing done about the Pyro fires abroad, Churnalism at its finest, hunky dori over by no mention of invasions or similiar or the fact the SFA bent over backwards to accomadadte open cheating and tax dodging.

Personally I think the contribution of the GB to Celtic Parks atmosphere is immense and it pisses me off that some people alway have it in for them. But ffs boys leave the fireworks for bonfire night, no good comes of it.
I haven't read the whole thread but I don't think anyone wants to condemn the GB entirely, as has been mentioned here they do a lot of good and certainly add to the atmosphere, but, the fascination with flares and the like has to end and end quickly, it's obviously dangerous and its only a matter of time before there's a serious injury. Would there be the big defence if a wean were to loss an eye or something?

I haven't read the whole thread but I don't think anyone wants to condemn the GB entirely, as has been mentioned here they do a lot of good and certainly add to the atmosphere, but, the fascination with flares and the like has to end and end quickly, it's obviously dangerous and its only a matter of time before there's a serious injury. Would there be the big defence if a wean were to loss an eye or something?
Agree, Theta. It's as if folk will carry on doing it until it gets that serious when most of us can see there's an accident waiting to happen.

Cn't be arsed reading the thread so here's my tuppence worth

The fkwits who keep the pyro going regardless of sanction couldn't give a shit about the club or other fans only there own self interest yeah the pyros look great but at a cost to the club it needs to be reined in
So the Club now need to get wise they have enough cctv pinpoint the offender ban him and send him the bill ,you here stupid cnts claiming we can offered it

11k for fkwit wi a firework they need to get real

So having started the thread I see that we are all in agreement that pyro is unacceptable and intolerable. Everyone accepts that UEFA have rules and there are real financial consequences for our beloved Club. Brim has suggested a lifetime ban for offenders. I have suggested a voluntary partial ground closure. We are simply arguing for 5 pages already about how best to stop the idiocy and precisely what the punishment should be. I see that Celtic have put out an official stament and that further action will take place. I won't hold my breath.

So having started the thread I see that we are all in agreement that pyro is unacceptable and intolerable. Everyone accepts that UEFA have rules and there are real financial consequences for our beloved Club. Brim has suggested a lifetime ban for offenders. I have suggested a voluntary partial ground closure. We are simply arguing for 5 pages already about how best to stop the idiocy and precisely what the punishment should be. I see that Celtic have put out an official stament and that further action will take place. I won't hold my breath.
No bad fae a guy the other side of the world advocating partial ground closures mibee somebody should cut your internet feed after aw to quote you “it’s a religion over here”

Anyone caught with a pyro in Celtic Park gets the pyro shoved up their arse, even if they've lit it. Suitable punishment?

"Additionally, in the interests of all our supporters’ safety, it is imperative that all fans when attending matches at Celtic Park use their designated seat. This is important in ensuring a safe environment."
From the Club statement.

So why did they install rail seating and allow safe standing, make your fucking mind up.

Its your suggestion that we voluntarily close part of the ground that I find "unacceptable and intolerable" its the punishment of the innocent that I find "unacceptable and intolerable", just so we're clear on that.

UEFA have rules regarding all things football in their comps? That is the crux of the matter!obey or dis-obey,that is the question ,ok, looks spectacular,but a no-no as far as they are concerned, we will end up in a closure at some point ,that’s a given ! Celtic are NOT the GB’s club,it is everyone’s,as far as I am concerned ,it has to stop ,ok ,they make great noise/atmosphere,but what about the other 40/50 thousand ,do they not contribute anything??????,time to thing in a wider scale here,my opinion !hh

Fireworks at football grounds are not new . I remember , around November time most years in the Sixties , eejits throwing 'bangers' INTO the crowd from the back of the Jungle - for a laugh !

A lot of this debate has centred on the GB and the responsibility they carry for the current 'Flares' controversy . In my view it is not the collective responsibility of the GB that is at issue but the individual responsibility of those setting off flares . They can't , and shouldn't be allowed to, hide behind the banner of the GB .
I can see the point of those who consider that SOME in the GB section appear to believe that THEY are the Celtic support because they , at times , generate a lively atmosphere in the stadium . As several people have forcefully said , no one person or group is CELTIC , we are all Celtic ! And we all have a responsibility not to tarnish the name of the club we love .

Regardless of your view on 'Pyros' , they are currently illegal within the confines of a football stadium and Uefa have punished numerous clubs/countries for their use at matches ( the Uefa disciplinary website publishes the almost daily punishments meted out to clubs for this violation )

I can't see how this issue has been allowed to drag out so long at Parkhead . The individuals who set off flares can be easily identified by the police/stewards and ejected from the ground - they are the ones at the centre of a big , bright shiny light which is emitting lots of smoke - surely to goodness even our police can work this out !
As these incidents are invariably restricted to the area where the GB congregate then it is past time that the officials cracked down and made an example of the perpetrators . Closing down the GB section should not be an issue - only the people responsible should be identified , ejected and have their season tickets revoked .

HH

I'd slowly search everyone in the standing zone before they enter the stadium and possession of a pyro should mean a lifetime ban from Celtic Park and confiscation of their season ticket. I cannot stand any toleration of flouting the rules and law and bringing fines and ground closures to our team. It's not 'naughty boys' it's criminal behaviour.

I'd slowly search everyone in the standing zone before they enter the stadium and possession of a pyro should mean a lifetime ban from Celtic Park and confiscation of their season ticket. I cannot stand any toleration of flouting the rules and law and bringing fines and ground closures to our team. It's not 'naughty boys' it's criminal behaviour.
Oh now hod on a minute. What you are suggesting is blatant discrimination. You appear to have a massive grudge against section 111 and the Green Brigade in particular. So much so I'm beginning to wonder about you. You seem to have an agenda. "the way you suggest they "slowly" search everyone in the standing section is downright fucking creepy, ya fuckin weirdo.

Section 111 is where all the pyro comes from and you know that. I'd make half the GB miss the first 20 minutes of every game if that's what it took to wipe out this criminality

[/QUOTE ]

A bit draconian but good luck with the searching ,meanwhile the pyros come in from another section and passed along the line ,just now the clubs playing lip service to this issue sooner or later ,and i think it will be sooner there will be movemnt against it

Back