First Celtic game you attended

We've touched on this previously, Tommy, and that rawness will always remain - but in amidst all that pain, your Celtic were there for you.

I wish you're Dad had the opportunity to see the Lions lift the trophy alongside you, but i'm sure he was there in spirit, as well as in all the good times and bad times since.

Peace be upon him and yourself TT
You are right enough SP, when you get old, you think "I wish this,that and sat and talked more".
My dad leaving us early at 46, my youngest boy leaving me at 27, (me 61) makes us old retired guys in our tin hut beside our rice field reflect too much.
But one thing i see different from celtic and sevco blogs is lack of personal sarcasm which makes me happy to be a fenian.
It is a badge of honour now HH

Celtic 4 Man Utd 1. A preseason friendly in August 1966.
At the end of that season, Celtic beat Inter Milan 2-1 in Lisbon.
The rest as they say is HISTORY.

Boxing Day 1988. My brother and I got our first Celtic kits the day before.

It was a 2-2 draw in a friendly with Red Star Belgrade. They were one of the best teams in the world back than, but I was too young to realise this: I assumed Frank McAvennie was the greatest player the world had ever seen.

The draw flattered us, my uncles said afterwards, and it was the beginning of a difficult time. Thank God we would at least have McStay to flicker in that dark decade.

Members online

Back