First Game...

I had been to see Celtic at both Dens and Tannadice but nothing prepared me for my first Celtic game in Glasgow. I went with my mate and his dad to a game v Deidco in about 1978/9. Celtic won 1-0 with a Roddy McDonald header. 3/4 o Celtic Park turned green, white and gold. I will never forget that. On the way back to Dundee we stopped at chipper in Blackford on the old A9. There were buses from both teams in the pub car park and a mini battle was going on. My mates dad got us oot o Blackford pronto.
I remember that day like it was yesterday. Could'na wait to go to school on Monday and tell everyone how great it was.

Well, my first game was on the telly on 25 May 1967 with my dad and three brothers. Next year met my Celtic daft man and it was a couple of years later he bowed to pressure and took me to see Celtic v Kilmarnock. it was the old ground because it was a wooden bench I was sitting on and I’ve never felt cold like that day. Can’t even remember the score.
So after that day Pat never missed a game in his favourite place the jungle.lol oh he missed the 1974 Scottish cup final Celtic v Dundee United? because that was the day we got married but all was well Celtic won💚🍀🍀

Members online

Latest posts

Back