First Game...

Khenny

This has probably been done before but I've not long started posting on here and I'd be interested to know what your first memories of going to watch the Hoops are?

My first game was a pre season friendly in 1968 against Leeds United.

I know, I know, that makes me a fairly old git...🙈

Hope to read a few interesting responses. HH guys

This has probably been done before but I've not long started posting on here and I'd be interested to know what your first memories of going to watch the Hoops are?

Celtic 1 v 2 bayern. Peter Grant testimonial. 1997. My dad took me. Loved every minute of it. The atmosphere was amazing.

My first game was apparently against Dundee Utd in 63/64 it was a thrilling nil nil and the only thing I can remember was my da punching the ball away as it came screaming towards us, I was on his shoulders ( can you imagine that now ffs they would take the wean away from you).

First memory or earliest I can remember was the 67 Scottish cup final and Wullie Wallace scoring 2 .

My first game was the League Cup Semi Final v Clyde at Hampden in October 68. We won 1-0, George Connelly scored, Harry Hood played for Clyde. My Grandfather took me and I've been hooked ever since. Went to the next home game at CP the following week, St Johnstone 2-1 win and we unfurled the flag from previous season, was in the enclosure in front of the old main stand.

My first game was the League Cup Semi Final v Clyde at Hampden in October 68. We won 1-0, George Connelly scored, Harry Hood played for Clyde. My Grandfather took me and I've been hooked ever since. Went to the next home game at CP the following week, St Johnstone 2-1 win and we unfurled the flag from previous season, was in the enclosure in front of the old main stand.

Just a couple of months after my first game m8!

There's nothing like the Hoops...:love:🇳🇬🇮🇪🇳🇬

Starks Park v Raith in the early 60s. We won but I think I was more excited by crossing the Forth bridge on the train from Edinburgh. The winner came from a penalty awarded when Stevie Chalmers was scythed down in the box. Stevie lay on the grass with a huge smile on his coupon while Dunky McKay got set up for the pen. Stevie became my favourite player that day (5 or 6 years before Lisbon)

Welcome to the Noise Khenny enjoy the madness

HH 👍

My first game was at Tannadice in 1974. Utd had some decent players/characters at that time. I was most excited in finally getting to see my hero King Kenny. If course we won, so I was able to give my Dad a hard yime as he claimed to be a Utd fan (in reality, he didn't care much about any sport).

When I was little visiting any ground, the thing that always struck me was the first glimpse of the pitch as you wondered up through the dingy stands - they always looked like bright emerald as they seemed to glow. Yet now, whenever I see any footage from the 1970s, the pitches seem to always be complete mudbaths.

My first game(on the telly, but live) was The Big Cup final...25th May, 1967. Then aboot 2 or 3 months efter that, went to see Celtic playing Raith Rovers, Starks Park, Kirkcaldy.....Fae seeing them winning the Big Cup, then watchin them against Raith Rovers...no much o a difference there ;)

Welcome to The Noise Khenny......enjoy.

Members online

Latest posts

Back