Fitba

Lemon

I know I am old and probably have a naive view of the past but when I read reports of Wall St involvement and the obvious clamour of the super wealthy clubs to secure their future to the exclusion of everybody else I worry what will be left for clubs like ours. Fans rarely are asked or considered when these proposals are made probably because even the majority of the fans of the elite are against it. I have probably been on repeat for years saying " fitba as I know it has changed it will never be the same " - ever since 1978 I think - but if anything like these proposals go through where will it leave us? Could we be beneficiaries of any counter revolution? Or is a slide inevitable? Any thoughts? It will take your mind off other things.

I know I am old and probably have a naive view of the past but when I read reports of Wall St involvement and the obvious clamour of the super wealthy clubs to secure their future to the exclusion of everybody else I worry what will be left for clubs like ours. Fans rarely are asked or considered when these proposals are made probably because even the majority of the fans of the elite are against it. I have probably been on repeat for years saying " fitba as I know it has changed it will never be the same " - ever since 1978 I think - but if anything like these proposals go through where will it leave us? Could we be beneficiaries of any counter revolution? Or is a slide inevitable? Any thoughts? It will take your mind off other things.
A counter revolution may be on the cards with clubs from Scotland, Holland and a few others who won't accept the disparity. Eufa are only interested in the big 5 leagues but watch them squirm if some clubs look to do their own thing.

A counter revolution may be on the cards with clubs from Scotland, Holland and a few others who won't accept the disparity. Eufa are only interested in the big 5 leagues but watch them squirm if some clubs look to do their own thing.
I said a couple of weeks ago I'd like to see us team up with the top clubs from the Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Norway & Sweden to form a Northern Europe Super League. Following on from the announcement of the top English teams wanting to sod off with the big boys from the other "top 5" leagues so destroying their pulling power for TV compaines, I would generously allow a couple of the dregs left behind in England to compete and beg to join our superior competition. Everton, Newcastle, West Ham, Wolves, etc. can play off to see who wins the lucky golden ticket to get in with us. 🤣

I said a couple of weeks ago I'd like to see us team up with the top clubs from the Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Norway & Sweden to form a Northern Europe Super League. Following on from the announcement of the top English teams wanting to sod off with the big boys from the other "top 5" leagues so destroying their pulling power for TV compaines, I would generously allow a couple of the dregs left behind in England to compete and beg to join our superior competition. Everton, Newcastle, West Ham, Wolves, etc. can

A french journalist did full expose on the standings of top european clubs ,tv coverage /support/merch sales /history / global appeal /media appeal

He found clubs who used to be big names in the 60s 70s Ajax /celtic the milans and the likes ,all had better if not greater revenues and global appeal than the regular dross that takes part in the champions league from the big 5 leagues

it was put up as a european super league that showed top 14-18clubs who had the largest market appeal and nearly all were financialy sound and unsupported by any russian or arab money

He had estimated the wirh the global marketing the european league would have a larger if not better draw than the champions league

maybe the greed of the oligarghs have looked at the blue print for this and got there plans in early ,but with changes keeping the dross from the big 5 leagues in control

Back