FOI released regarding Dubia

I have read an account of the trip on another site, one that I don't usually visit btw. If true it is a shocking example of how out of touch the Club and Management were/are with the fans. The alleged cost of the Dubai trip is in excess of 400k. Celtic took a travelling party of 56 players and staff. The booked 6 floors in a separate wing of the Hotel with its own entrances and exits. They had use of one of the Princes private training facilities, they went for meals on a yacht exclusively. 3 buses took the squad to and fro training and we travelled there and back on a private jet.
So I totally get the need for these precautions as the Scottish Gov had already been in touch to voice their concerns about the trip in advance.
Therefore we had to prove to them every precaution had been taken.
But this was a trip during a pandemic when the rest of us were enduring our 3rd lockdown. We had just been beaten by Sevco, we had been humiliated in Europe before that and there were very worrying signs that all was not well in the camp.
Ok I get it that it seemed to work the year before, we kicked on and amassed enough points to win the league, and I'm sure if the same thing happened this time we would all be basking in the glow of 10-i-a-r and saying it was money well spent. But it didn't. The year before was pre-covid. We were in a new ball park.
I still cannot believe this trip went ahead, I'm not arsed about the money, I'm arsed about the lack of any kind of thought for what was going on outside the football world and in the REAL World.
People were dying, its touched most of us in some way. We couldn't even go to the funerals of loved ones because of the restrictions.
I'm fucking disgusted the club sanctioned this trip.
I get what you are saying. My Papa had a limited attendance and a skype link for those that couldnt attend.
Me and my brothers/cousins (his boys) couldnt carry him even. We couldnt comfort and hug the old yins we dont see often.
For such a wonderful man his send off didnt fit.
My experience isnt unique.

I wont however hold it against any organisation even ours that had been granted permission of movement.
The press did thier job and whipped up a storm.
Politicians backtracking and pandering to public opinion is to be expected. Fucking spineless snakes.
My industry has been under the bus so many times now with lack of support and last minute changes ive lost count.

We (celtic) were granted permission to continue in the framework handed to us.
We therefore did and under best practice and regs available tried to operate.
The gov should of defended us and hilighted our procedures and compliance.
They didnt and left us hanging and the rags to attack and the politicians to queue up behind and look better by backing the public that were kicking off without all the relevant information.

Look ill give a more recent example.
The Super Leauge.

The press reported ,incredibly loosely what was being proposed.

Enough for it to grow arms and legs.
Teams leaving the domestic leauges and cups.

All it was in essence was a private cl tourney.
Cut off all the hands that take a slice of the profit and split it up between the compaines that are supplying the actual product...
If it was a small independent going it alone there would be applause.
big boys try it and the right palms arent greased then we see what we seen. Media shit show
New uk leauge suggested again? Right around election time. Right on the same timeline repeated.
pointed out by more than a few on here.
No intention of any of it happening. Again lies.
Sky ect all have sponsorship with the rags. Politicians have links with the rags.
Damage had been done. The outrage complete.
In reality the players mentioned above would all have lost money.
They never reported the exact proposal clearly till the damage had been done.

Pundits all going mental as its thier pay packet at risk, follow the money for the rest.
All in the same bed.

Our trip isnt a million miles away from the same puppet strings if you take a step back

Last edited:
The cost of the trip may have been paid for by Adidas and Magners to take the brand image with Celtic to other places, 400K TBH in football terms (IF) re sponsors is not really a lot, some clubs have those costs for a behind closed doors game, probably paid by sponsors.

I get what you are saying. My Papa had a limited attendance and a skype link for those that couldnt attend.
Me and my brothers/cousins (his boys) couldnt carry him even. We couldnt comfort and hug the old yins we dont see often.

I wont however hold it against any organisation even ours that had been granted permission of movement.
Politicians backtracking and pandering to public opinion is to be expected. Fucking spineless snakes.
My industry has been under the bus so many times now with lack of support and last minute changes ive lost count.

They didnt and left us hanging and the rags to attack and the politicians to queue up behind and look better by backing the public that were kicking off without all the relevant information.

The Super Leauge.

Cut off all the hands that take a slice of the profit and split it up between the compaines that are supplying the actual product...
big boys try it and the right palms arent greased then we see what we seen. Media shit show
New uk leauge suggested again? Right around election time. Right on the same timeline repeated.
Sky ect all have sponsorship with the rags. Politicians have links with the rags.

Pundits all going mental as its thier pay packet at risk, follow the money for the rest.
All in the same bed.

Our trip isnt a million miles away from the same puppet strings if you take a step back
Sorry for your loss BBB thoughts with your loved one.

The Super Leauge.

All in the same bed.

My condolences BB. And you raise a valid point.

The Super Leauge.

All in the same bed.

Sorry to hear abou your loss BBB.May your Papa rest in peace.

The Super Leauge.

All in the same bed.

My condolences BBB

Members online

Back