Follow Follow Meltdown over King Billy statue as Kulture Klub loses the plot

These are only statues it shows what Britain approved of teach children History leave statues there so we dont make same mistakes AGAIN. British Imperialism was cruellest form of greed and power ever remember a Statue to Thatcher has been
built and she committed crimes on Humanity
Learn from mistakes and teach our children to care for all irospectiveof Colour or Creed HH

Loyalists ''protecting'' statues pelt Glasgow Police with missiles to show how much they support the rule of Law and Order in their country .
I suppose it makes sense in their strange and unpleasant little minds .

The only ingredient missing was an out of tune band murdering some tune from the dim and distant past followed by groups of obese , polyester - clad matrons in their 12th of July best .

HH

Loyalists ''protecting'' statues pelt Glasgow Police with missiles to show how much they support the rule of Law and Order in their country .
I suppose it makes sense in their strange and unpleasant little minds .

The only ingredient missing was an out of tune band murdering some tune from the dim and distant past followed by groups of obese , polyester - clad matrons in their 12th of July best .

HH
See one knuckledragger hiding in george sq sayin that the blm protestors had violently attacked some statues ,,,,,,how the feck does someone violently attack a statue ,he then claimed he didny see it and folk should stoap askin him aboot it

Lord Nelson and the Cabin Boys mmm why do you think they were there.
We do not have a statue in Scotland but I wonder who would be protecting it.
No doubt the people who on every given
occasion are vociferous about Celtic Boys club for the wrong reasons.
The same people who vandalise
statues in church grounds at a certain time of the year.
The same people whom accuse us of worshiping false idols.
Yes agree they are only statues and reminders of the past but how hypocritical are these morons.

These are only statues it shows what Britain approved of teach children History leave statues there so we dont make same mistakes AGAIN. British Imperialism was cruellest form of greed and power ever remember a Statue to Thatcher has been
built and she committed crimes on Humanity
Learn from mistakes and teach our children to care for all irospectiveof Colour or Creed HH

Agree with every word of this Chico apart from the leave the statues there part.

Take the statues of the slave traders, colonialists, racists etc. down from their plinths stick them in one of they big fancy buildings in Merchant City where these horrible bastards based themselves while they built their fortunes on the backs of slaves and the poor natives of the city and call it The Museum of Horrible Cunts.

I'll admit for decency's sake we may have to work on a better name for the museum :LOL:(y)

A few years ago I went with Dundee Uni to Edinburgh to study the "public spaces" of Edinburgh and what the statues of these public spaces can tell us about "power structures" and the "projection of power".
Nearly all the statues are of males, (Royals and Greyfriars Bobby excepted).
No pre Union of 1707 figures are to be found.
Most statues commemorate Military Men or famous battles.
Even in death the class structures of society prevails, ruling class, middle class and working class. The monuments to death and war reflect class divisions, Officers, NCOs and Men. There is a hierarchy even in death.
There is only one monument anywhere in Edinburgh to Women. A very small plaque on the gable end on the last hoose as ye walk up the Royal Mile. The gable end faces the Castle esplanade. It's to the poor souls who were burnt as witches there. The only monument to women.
The streets of the New Town are named after the new Dutch/German royal dynasty. Banks and offices mostly fly the Union Jack.
This was how the British Monarchy stamped its authority on the public spaces of Edinburgh.
Women have been completely airbrushed from Scottish History.
They are not statues they are projections of power and authority.
We should keep them though for historical reasons but should be very selective about who gets a statue in future.

They no longer teach history as such in Primary Schools.
They teach about WW2 nothing else.
I always maintain it is to bury the act of Colonisation as it is a blot in Britain's history.
I know adults who think Ireland was about religion.
They have little knowledge that the Irish
People were trying to protect their Country from British ownership.
Education has a lot to answer for.

Back