Food for thought ?

i see andy walker has said that we have to sell eddie because the club are burning money fast. considering the fact that we have a billionare chairman which as far as i know the huns dont, how are the still spending money like water without selling players

If you think about the outgoings then we will be burning through it.

Players wages
Staff wages
Cost of the ground rates, electric etc.
No match day income
There's probably 10,000 seats kept back for.people like me who come up when we can.
We're not buying burgers,drinks programmes in top of the seat price.

We spent £13 million on players all adds to the wage bill
I doubt the league money will cover 2 months worth of operating costs
We lost champions league football and that's why the current Europa run needs to continue

Players wages
Staff wages
No match day income
There's probably 10,000 seats kept back for.people like me who come up when we can.

We lost champions league football and that's why the current Europa run needs to continue
If we are burning through the cash reserves, then so is EVERY OTHER TEAM in the league, only difference is we have money in the bank, I believe not all the teams that started the season will finish it....

Welcome to the Noise.

1 nil wins away from home in Europe with 70% possession is the new defeat mate did no one tell you? 🤫
It's not about that one game though mate, we're aw chuffed we scraped by, but for me, the way the team played, and is playing is slightly unsettling.

What did we do with that 70% possession mate?

We're allowed to be a notch under happy after witnessing the last few performances, but at the same time; minus a couple of anti-Lennon comments from some folk, ( not me) I don't recall anybody going over the top or being overly critical.

Players wages
Staff wages
No match day income

Don't buy into that about how much we are losing as there would also be a big saving on police etc plus sell 1 player and a profit will be made in the transfer market. The club financially are not in that bad a shape

It's not about that one game though mate, we're aw chuffed we scraped by, but for me, the way the team played, and is playing is slightly unsettling.

What did we do with that 70% possession mate?

We're allowed to be a notch under happy after witnessing the last few performances, but at the same time; minus a couple of anti-Lennon comments from some folk, ( not me) I don't recall anybody going over the top or being overly critical.

I agree about the performances Kev they could be better, the European game was a one off knockout and with 70% we restricted Riga to one chance, the fear of being knocked out would have been high up in the players minds and apart from one time no one tried a killer pass, although with a fleet of Latvian buses in front of them it was difficult to get forward momentum.

My reply to McGarrell was a light attempt at humour, but I do think that ( not just on this forum) the reaction to an away win in Europe by some posters was disappointing at best and ridiculous continued slaughtering of some of our players at worst.

For what its worth my own opinion is, we won but could have played better, although if we went gung ho at Riga we would have been picked off imho. And I do think Neil picks the wrong team now and then but he is probably as worried as the rest of us fans about the outcome of this season, so I will still trust his judgement over keyboard management teams any day of the week.

H.H

I agree about the performances Kev they could be better, the European game was a one off knockout and with 70% we restricted Riga to one chance, the fear of being knocked out would have been high up in the players minds and apart from one time no one tried a killer pass, although with a fleet of Latvian buses in front of them it was difficult to get forward momentum.

My reply to McGarrell was a light attempt at humour, but I do think that ( not just on this forum) the reaction to an away win in Europe by some posters was disappointing at best and ridiculous continued slaughtering of some of our players at worst.

For what its worth my own opinion is, we won but could have played better, although if we went gung ho at Riga we would have been picked off imho. And I do think Neil picks the wrong team now and then but he is probably as worried as the rest of us fans about the outcome of this season, so I will still trust his judgement over keyboard management teams any day of the week.

H.H
Possession stats are misleading and don't stand for much, you see this a lot in the EPL teams winning matches on 20% possession. It's all about what you do with that possession that counts, and we are just short on ideas and creativity at the moment and yet we know we have the players to do so, very frustrating at the moment

H.H
I agree 100% I havnae bashed a player since, probably, Efe Ambrose v Juventus! 😂

But for me, there's a lot of middle ground between gung-ho and how we played on the night bud.

On the note of the Latvians parking the bus, we deal with that most weeks, domestically, so we should be well drilled in the fast tempo approach to breaking them down, and we're not at the mo'.

The 3-5-2 isnae my preferred formation, exposes us too much for comfort at present.

I'd love ti see us play an old-school 4-4-2, im a wee bit baffled as to why we dont even consider it. (Gratuitous keyboard manager comment 😂).

Last edited:
you serious pal??..we were pish, shite, rotten, atrocious, mingin'. pick any one of those and you'd be more accurate.

Celtic got lucky against a fkn pub team and you think they played well!! I've never seen a more lacklustre performance in years.

Most of those players who were playing last night look as though they don't want to be there..especially Eddy.

Scott Brown is finished and couldn't get a game for a half decent team in the English first division..he's lucky he's playing in one of the worst leagues in Europe and that's the only reason he's got away with it for so long.

Neil Lennon has been fortunate in the past few games and 10 in a row is now only a miybe..personally I'd get shot of him in a heartbeat.

Do you remember the halcyon days we used to have in Europe?..fk they're now just a distant fkn memory..we were embarrassing last night.
it may be a week later that i'm seeing your post, but it's nothing new to me. There's levels of supporters within any Club, and i have your level of "supporter"ship sussed. 🧐

your opinion matters not a jot.

"LENNON OUT!" etc etc . 😴

Last edited:
Some countries are more pessimistic than others. Scotland and NZ are two pessimistic countries. We are both small nations next to a bigger one. Many of us are successful pessimists, superficially appearing optimists but with a core of pessimism and a veneer of optimism (that easily comes off with a bit of alcohol). What sparks us off is the perception of loss of control. If we win the Glasgow derby then the bravado will return and if we lose the despair will be all around. Four times in the late 60's early 70's we were European Cup winners, runners up finalists and very nearly finalists twice. Since then we have never reached such dizzy heights. We have won the last 11 trophies in Scotland and are 180 minutes away from 12 in a row. We have won the league 9 times in a row and have the most points per game at present. BUT we fear that despite having the best squad in Scotland we know that we are not unbeatable. We do not play against 11 men each week. We play against 14. The Masons in Black will save their 'honest mistakes' for when it really matters. I have faithfully supported Celtic for 55 years and we have the chance to make this the second greatest season in our history and the greatest season ever for every supporter under 50. The fear of loss drives the keyboard heroes to vent their venom against any who drop below perfection. This is the most important season since the Internet was invented.

it may be a week later that i'm seeing your post, but it's nothing new to me. There's levels of supporters within any team, and i have your level of "supporter"ship sussed.

your opinion matters not a jot.

"LENNON OUT!" etc etc . 😴
Don't engage this troll. He goes under many guises on various forums and only ever appears when there is something negative and even then 99% of his posts are attacking forum members.

These games we must play away against national champions considered to be of a lower standard than our own are all about winning first and foremost. We are on a hiding to nothing in these matches , expected to win, which we did but win stylishly as well which we didnt but how could we win stylishly against a national champion parking the bus on home soil? We did it under lenny against arguably one of the best barcelona sides ever or even one of the best sides ever , with the lowest possession stats in euro football at the time. Barca would've been hammered for failing to win in Scotland. Though any real fitba fan at the time wouldve known that our record at home in Europe v any big boys is considerable. These games , like Sarajevo tomorrow are about winning and going through performance levels probably second. I think Sarajevo will have a go more than Riga but I'll be happy with progression first. No ones really going to remember how we got to the group stages once we are there. HH

These games we must play away against national champions considered to be of a lower standard than our own are all about winning first and foremost. We are on a hiding to nothing in these matches , expected to win, which we did but win stylishly as well which we didnt but how could we win stylishly against a national champion parking the bus on home soil? We did it under lenny against arguably one of the best barcelona sides ever or even one of the best sides ever , with the lowest possession stats in euro football at the time. Barca would've been hammered for failing to win in Scotland. Though any real fitba fan at the time wouldve known that our record at home in Europe v any big boys is considerable. These games , like Sarajevo tomorrow are about winning and going through performance levels probably second. I think Sarajevo will have a go more than Riga but I'll be happy with progression first. No ones really going to remember how we got to the group stages once we are there. HH
Exactly we are in a win is win a competition, not how lovely we played and all that counts is the score, anyway Mon the hoops

Members online

No members online now.

Back