Fool me twice...

ComfortingTruth

We've just appointed a manager who you wouldn't be surprised to see take up the reins at Hearts. If we think the signings will be any less underwhelming then we've not been reading the script.

When was the last time we signed (on a permanent basis, without a loan first) a proven player who could, with reasonable confidence, be expected to improve the first team? Jullien, maybe. Sinclair before that. Two in ten transfer windows. Disgraceful.

It's not supporting the club to simply dismiss the very real concerns we should all have in favour of glibly backing the new manager. Even if he is a success (and I hope that he is) it doesn't change what is wrong at Celtic.

We need to force change, or at the very least demand proper answers about our direction, before it's too late, if it's not too late already.

We can't afford to wait to be fooled the next time. Or the time after that.

SACK THE BOARD

He is in now so....we need to roll with it.
Ive still got concerns.

Sourced from the city group.

How much say will he have even if his ideas are good?

Will he have the same budget or even a list of players that he thinks will improve the team?

My worry is the board now have exactly what they wanted. A coach who will work with what he is given and just be grateful for the opportunity rather than a Manager that has the power to press and negotiate to get what he wants for the team.

Time will tell but to say this appointment, on paper, doesnt fill me with confidence is a vast understatement

Dont know what I was expecting in the last 20yrs we have had only 3 managers (mon,Strachan and BR) that possibly would have had any say. Even those 3 ended up having the same issues with the board

This will be the biggest turn around of first team players in memory. Automatic CL spot means its the biggest spl top spot prize fund.

Ange is our opening gambit.

Last edited:
With Ange at the helm now the full extent of this rebuild has to come into focus. From our long list of players on the exit list look at what thier in form and in the team value is?
Our cap seems to be around 6-7m. The players seeking moves, the better ones will see vast improvements in wages passing our upper wage cap.
That list was also assembled over a number of years.
To find that number of players in one window at similar levels, on similar wages that are affordable is going to be neigh on impossible.
What is being demanded is not similar levels of players but improvements...lets see how that works out with the budget

Im going to have to see quality signings made before my mood is lifted and opinion changed.

Its all down to investment now. The first roll of the dice was a budget manager.

Just a personal opinion, but I'd like to see us get back to playing proper attack-minded football with a bit of pace, swagger and grace.

Ange has an opportunity due to the fact that some powerful and influential figures in the dressing room will no longer be holding court. That's not intended to be a slight on those lads, but it gives the coach a wee bit more licence to get his points across without too much resistance. Ronnie struggled because of the balance of power in the dressing-room and it affected performances on the pitch.

Good coaches don't necessarily have to go out and buy, buy, buy. Good coaches revive the existing talent and by providing a pathway for the young lads to progress.

If he can infuse that with 3 or 4 pieces of new talent - then we're back at the races pretty quickly.

It's a big job, but one that should be embraced - not feared. In spite of the horror show of the last 12 months - no one can actually say that that mob are untouchable. Good coaching, good organisation, good tactics and good players will right all the wrongs of 20/21

We've just appointed a manager who you wouldn't be surprised to see take up the reins at Hearts. If we think the signings will be any less underwhelming then we've not been reading the script.

When was the last time we signed (on a permanent basis, without a loan first) a proven player who could, with reasonable confidence, be expected to improve the first team? Jullien, maybe. Sinclair before that. Two in ten transfer windows. Disgraceful.

It's not supporting the club to simply dismiss the very real concerns we should all have in favour of glibly backing the new manager. Even if he is a success (and I hope that he is) it doesn't change what is wrong at Celtic.

We need to force change, or at the very least demand proper answers about our direction, before it's too late, if it's not too late already.

We can't afford to wait to be fooled the next time. Or the time after that.

SACK THE BOARD
This is the sort of post that the hun loving press love to see. Disunity among the fans. No confidence in the board. Forcing change. Really? Demand answers? How? What questions? We've just appointed the best coach from Australia. That's the problem. Admit it. Name me a better Scottish manager. You cannot. How did Ange get an UEFA endorsement so quickly. because he has a great track record. Who was the last Scots manager at the world Cup. Ally McLeod in Argentina 1978. 41 years ago.

Well Ange is in now and we’ve got to give him a chance.
He said that him and the board agree that we will be bringing in players of really quality.
I’m afraid, we hear this every year when they are looking for season tickets being renewed.
The players that I think are real quality are not the same players as the board seem to go for.
Where’s the DOF?
Where’s the Head of Recruitment?
Where is the backroom staff?
Plus players being sold and NO ONE coming in.
Everything is at standstill.

We need 3 or 4 strikers
3 wingers
3 wing backs
2 cbs
A keeper
Attacking and defensive mids as well.
He is definitely going to have to buy buy buy
As it finished at the end of the season, then I wouldn't disagree, but there were a few square pegs in round holes, no shape and little organisation or cohesion.

Not all of those boys are terrible footballers and if the guy has any football savvy, then a good few of those boys still have a purpose. It's true we need new faces and proven quality, but it's amazing what playing in your preferred position with a bit of support from your team-mates can do to change things quite quickly.

Then again, it can all go to shit just as easily if he doesn't have the football nous.

As it finished at the end of the season, then I wouldn't disagree, but there were a few square pegs in round holes, no shape and little organisation or cohesion.

Not all of those boys are terrible footballers and if the guy has any football savvy, then a good few of those boys still have a purpose. It's true we need new faces and proven quality, but it's amazing what playing in your preferred position with a bit of support from your team-mates can do to change things quite quickly.

Then again, it can all go to shit just as easily if he doesn't have the football nous.

The last manager throwing players under the bus didn't help either.

This guy has a chance to rebuild and put us back on track.

Lets at least get behind him and see what he can do

It can't be any worse than last season

The last manager throwing players under the bus didn't help either.

This guy has a chance to rebuild and put us back on track.

Lets at least get behind him and see what he can do

It can't be any worse than last season
Isn't it always the best way, Richie - win as a team and lose as a team!

Looked like a few lads had their own personal agendas last season and that was reflected in performances and results.

Ange's first big job is to bring some harmony back to the squad and to do it with boys who want to be here.

It's not often a Celtic boss gets to build from scratch, so let's see if he has the mettle.

This is the sort of post that the hun loving press love to see. Disunity among the fans. No confidence in the board. Forcing change. Really? Demand answers? How? What questions? We've just appointed the best coach from Australia. That's the problem. Admit it. Name me a better Scottish manager. You cannot. How did Ange get an UEFA endorsement so quickly. because he has a great track record. Who was the last Scots manager at the world Cup. Ally McLeod in Argentina 1978. 41 years ago.
Craig Brown France 1998

I think you're forgetting one JOCK STEIN Spain 1982

Absolutely SP. Undoubtedly there will be a turnover of some players as the loanees leave and a few of the malcontents get their wish and feck of to pastures new. But a good coach can improve his playing squad rather than have to buy in ready-made players. We have a very talented squad but just need to play them in their best positions to get the best out of them, rather than forcing the current "favourites" into roles that they are clearly not suited to.

Have a proper game plan and some back ups, play people in their best positions (if they aren't up to it then work on them in training until they are or then get rid if them if they can't adapt), improve fitness and instill some much needed fight/heart/desire/pride/confidence.

The last couple of seasons outateam selections, formations and lack of tactics were very evident. I can rarely remember a move that led to a goal where it looked like it came off of the training ground (from open play, as well as set pieces). Instead we asked our players to accupy certain areas of the pitch and then try to overcome our opponents relying on our superior individual skills. It wotked 2 seasons ago thanks to a fair number of very late winners. However last season our efforts dropped off and so did too many players' fitness levels which resulted in us not being able to find late winners. This lack of tactics, teamwork & understanding forged on the training ground (in defence and attack) and general fitness is what concerned me most about Kennedy.

Hopefully Ange P will be able to make these improvements to our squad and bring in a few battle hardened leaders to guide our squad, as this will take a bit of time for us to reap the benefits of his new regime.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Red Imps/Progres like early European embaressment due to the lack of time he will have had worsened by so many players being at the Euros, but I won't get overly worried if we do suffer an early setback like this (although I obviously don't want anything like this to happen).

As I said before, this is a huge gamble but hopefully it pays off for us big time!

We were ( mostly ) all calling out last season for a coach who had some tactical nous - sorry Lenny that wasn't you .
At the beginning of last season very , very few of us on here would consider theRangers to have a better squad than we did .
Few of us would have expected so many of our players to have the season from Hell !
Few of us would have dreamed of THEM beating us by such a huge margin of points .

So why are so many despondent about ''catching'' the Rangers ? They are not Barcelona ( at their peak ) or Bayern Munich nor even , some would say , St Johnstone ( Double winners ! ) LoL !

We urgently needed a coach who could get the best from our players , like Rodgers did , and we needed a coach who respected the players and did not blame THEM when things went wrong .

We also need a DoF to improve the woeful signing policy which has been hit and miss ( mostly miss ! ) for too long . We must trust that we get a DoF who isn't called Lawwell appointed soon .

I am not viewing Ange P's appointment through rose-tinted spectacles ( just a wee hint of green ) and have not thrown out my immediate concerns re. his curriculum vitae .
But...
I do not believe the hype in the media about Sevco .
I do not believe they are as good as WE made them look last season .
I do not believe that WE will be as poor as we were last season - Lennon has gone and some of the underachievers will go as well - that is a positive .

We will bring in a few players - we don't need , nor can we afford , World Class , just honest professionals who will respond to a decent coach . From what we hear of Ange he IS a decent coach !
We need to start using our squad/ academy players better than we have during the Lennon years . Playing Brown and McGregor in 99.999% of games is NOT good management in any league !

I am not despondent ( still wary though ) and will back the manager .
I KNOW that the support ( despite our moans and groans ) will back the manager .

I hope that The Board will do the same .

I have not forgiven The Board ( how could anyone ?) for the mess that THEY have created throughout this last disastrous season . I hope and pray that THEY will see that this is their last chance to bring the support on side . They need to adopt some new tactics too . Like better communication with the fans ( not customers !!! ); they need fresh blood in the Boardroom , people with ideas and money to back up their ideas ; they need to grow a pair when dealing with Sevco and the SFA and the SPFL and the Media .
In short , they need to do what it says on the tin - be the CELTIC Board and not a bunch of parasites who can't see further than their own remuneration cheques .
If they still cling on , refusing to change , then the demonstrations seen last season and more recently will only increase . And when the fans return to the stadium - look for the Thunder coming back - but not as Neil Lennon the Board wanted it .

HH

what a pile of shite
Do you think any of us giving a flyer as to what the press think or will post about this ,the one's living here see it daily so raising a concern on a Celtic forum won't make a blind bit of difference

No confidence in the board ,,,,,,Really ,,,,you need to ask

A board who despite all the evidence gathered by the support allowed systematic cheating to go unpunished RES12 ---Nimmo smith enquiry

Stood back and allowed the SFA to set the scope and restrictions into which the Lord nimmo investigation into oldcos cheating ,but also stood back and said not one fkn word when officers in the sfa were allowed to excuse themselves from the investigation and give false statements

The same board who missed the five way agreement really

Allowed a club and it's media poodles to smear us as racists on national tv and through the rags ,the same rags they welcomed the following week with open arms to attack our club

the same board of directors who put fences up to there paying customers and branded them entitled

A Ceo who has interfered with transfers for more than a few managers and sqaundered millions on projects ,losing millions every year in europe because he knew better than everyone else

a board who have sat while rome burned since oct before getting in a manager

So yes if you don't mind some of us will raise concerns ,will demand answers whether it be at AGMs, on the terraces or out front in the car park ,,,,we will be heard

You prattling on about the best manager in australia ,,,like that matters a toss here

This may be the biggest managerial car crash in celtic history ,it maybe he does win the league we don't know

But what we will know in the coming month when it will be to late is the whole backroom set up ,that will tell us exactly how the club made this appointment ,,,,,,it has Lawwell written all over it Cheap from the the city group connection right through to keeping the two useless clipboards in the dugout ,,,time will tell

see a lot of us don't buy into the shite the board spout ,,,,we ask questions that's what forced change back in 94 because a lot of us got fkd off with sitting in the dark getting fed shite

Last edited by a moderator:
Said it before the Team played crap last season but we’re led poorly, trained poorly
And there Tictacs were well Pish.
The players are still good to really good they need a Manager with nous style and man management. Get them fit and get them into the faces of the opposition from the start to the finish. Get that it’s a start
We can be fitba snobs in Scotia name anyone we got from Asia who won a title mm
Wim Jansen never heard o him before. the rest you know
We’ve got Ange need to get behind him 100%
Mon the Ange Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀

I’m sorry. The Board are culpable for the 10 but we are where we are. Sack the Board? Really? Under this board we have just had 9 trophy laden, banter filled entertaining stuff, years.
They are now charged with getting us back on track and I have more confidence in Ange doing a job than I ever had in Lennon.
we now have the green brigade up to their childish self opinionated banner games.
well for me when we had to sack the board the support were behind it fully. Currently this noise is simply self indulgent.
Accept collectively we failed last year. No excuses.
Lets go forward and give this new manager our suppor. I certainly will.
HH

From what I've read Ange likes his players to keep possession, not in the pass it sideways or backwards way we've seen so often, but forwards especially in the opposition half. This means our players will have to work harder, finding space, giving the ball holder options. This sounds good but we cannot leave ourselves open at the back. Another good CB (or ideally 2) is a must as is a right back.

Back