Fool me twice...

We were ( mostly ) all calling out last season for a coach who had some tactical nous - sorry Lenny that wasn't you .
At the beginning of last season very , very few of us on here would consider theRangers to have a better squad than we did .
Few of us would have expected so many of our players to have the season from Hell !
Few of us would have dreamed of THEM beating us by such a huge margin of points .

So why are so many despondent about ''catching'' the Rangers ? They are not Barcelona ( at their peak ) or Bayern Munich nor even , some would say , St Johnstone ( Double winners ! ) LoL !

We urgently needed a coach who could get the best from our players , like Rodgers did , and we needed a coach who respected the players and did not blame THEM when things went wrong .

We also need a DoF to improve the woeful signing policy which has been hit and miss ( mostly miss ! ) for too long . We must trust that we get a DoF who isn't called Lawwell appointed soon .

I am not viewing Ange P's appointment through rose-tinted spectacles ( just a wee hint of green ) and have not thrown out my immediate concerns re. his curriculum vitae .
But...
I do not believe the hype in the media about Sevco .
I do not believe they are as good as WE made them look last season .
I do not believe that WE will be as poor as we were last season - Lennon has gone and some of the underachievers will go as well - that is a positive .

We will bring in a few players - we don't need , nor can we afford , World Class , just honest professionals who will respond to a decent coach . From what we hear of Ange he IS a decent coach !
We need to start using our squad/ academy players better than we have during the Lennon years . Playing Brown and McGregor in 99.999% of games is NOT good management in any league !

I am not despondent ( still wary though ) and will back the manager .
I KNOW that the support ( despite our moans and groans ) will back the manager .

I hope that The Board will do the same .

I have not forgiven The Board ( how could anyone ?) for the mess that THEY have created throughout this last disastrous season . I hope and pray that THEY will see that this is their last chance to bring the support on side . They need to adopt some new tactics too . Like better communication with the fans ( not customers !!! ); they need fresh blood in the Boardroom , people with ideas and money to back up their ideas ; they need to grow a pair when dealing with Sevco and the SFA and the SPFL and the Media .
In short , they need to do what it says on the tin - be the CELTIC Board and not a bunch of parasites who can't see further than their own remuneration cheques .
If they still cling on , refusing to change , then the demonstrations seen last season and more recently will only increase . And when the fans return to the stadium - look for the Thunder coming back - but not as Neil Lennon the Board wanted it .

HH

Chapeau!

An excellent post...

Said it before the Team played crap last season but we’re led poorly, trained poorly
And there Tictacs were well Pish.
The players are still good to really good they need a Manager with nous style and man management. Get them fit and get them into the faces of the opposition from the start to the finish. Get that it’s a start
We can be fitba snobs in Scotia name anyone we got from Asia who won a title mm
Wim Jansen never heard o him before. the rest you know
We’ve got Ange need to get behind him 100%
Mon the Ange Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀
We had a collection of individuals, we never had a team and now we have no captain
This year there has to be a rebuild built purely on the football side with no interferance from above ,,,,,and to be honest i just don't see it not in time space we have

No head of recruitment
No director of football
No backroom staff
No physios

as they say in trainspotting

a shite state of affairs

Said it before the Team played crap last season but we’re led poorly, trained poorly
And there Tictacs were well Pish.
The players are still good to really good they need a Manager with nous style and man management. Get them fit and get them into the faces of the opposition from the start to the finish. Get that it’s a start
We can be fitba snobs in Scotia name anyone we got from Asia who won a title mm
Wim Jansen never heard o him before. the rest you know
We’ve got Ange need to get behind him 100%
Mon the Ange Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀
a heard of him used to read the shoot

what a pile of shite
Do you think any of us giving a flyer as to what the press think or will post about this ,the one's living here see it daily so raising a concern on a Celtic forum won't make a blind bit of difference

No confidence in the board ,,,,,,Really ,,,,you need to ask

A board who despite all the evidence gathered by the support allowed systematic cheating to go unpunished RES12 ---Nimmo smith enquiry

Stood back and allowed the SFA to set the scope and restrictions into which the Lord nimmo investigation into oldcos cheating ,but also stood back and said not one fkn word when officers in the sfa were allowed to excuse themselves from the investigation and give false statements

The same board who missed the five way agreement really

Allowed a club and it's media poodles to smear us as racists on national tv and through the rags ,the same rags they welcomed the following week with open arms to attack our club

the same board of directors who put fences up to there paying customers and branded them entitled

A Ceo who has interfered with transfers for more than a few managers and sqaundered millions on projects ,losing millions every year in europe because he knew better than everyone else

a board who have sat while rome burned since oct before getting in a manager

So yes if you don't mind some of us will raise concerns ,will demand answers whether it be at AGMs, on the terraces or out front in the car park ,,,,we will be heard

You prattling on about the best manager in australia ,,,like that matters a toss here

This may be the biggest managerial car crash in celtic history ,it maybe he does win the league we don't know

But what we will know in the coming month when it will be to late is the whole backroom set up ,that will tell us exactly how the club made this appointment ,,,,,,it has Lawwell written all over it Cheap from the the city group connection right through to keeping the two useless clipboards in the dugout ,,,time will tell

see a lot of us don't buy into the shite the board spout ,,,,we ask questions that's what forced change back in 94 because a lot of us got fkd off with sitting in the dark getting fed shite
If there is something bothering you get it off your chest pal 🙄

couldn’t agree more
Back the team
sack the board
they bear no resemblance to their paying customers, the care not a jot about what we think or want. They are a stain on our ethos and heritage

but lastly and most importantly they deserve the sack for fucking up the opportunity to bury that lot across the city.
Never mind res 12 fir now, they have single handedly presided over the destruction of our football team/department in a very short period of time

I hope ange is a miracle worker cis he’ll need to be with the backing he’ll get from that lot

We had a collection of individuals, we never had a team and now we have no captain
This year there has to be a rebuild built purely on the football side with no interferance from above ,,,,,and to be honest i just don't see it not in time space we have

No head of recruitment
No director of football
No backroom staff
No physios

as they say in trainspotting

a shite state of affairs
Unusual for me canny fault your post
Damn

HH 👏

He is in now so....we need to roll with it.
Ive still got concerns.

Sourced from the city group.

How much say will he have even if his ideas are good?

Will he have the same budget or even a list of players that he thinks will improve the team?

My worry is the board now have exactly what they wanted. A coach who will work with what he is given and just be grateful for the opportunity rather than a Manager that has the power to press and negotiate to get what he wants for the team.

Time will tell but to say this appointment, on paper, doesnt fill me with confidence is a vast understatement

Dont know what I was expecting in the last 20yrs we have had only 3 managers (mon,Strachan and BR) that possibly would have had any say. Even those 3 ended up having the same issues with the board

This will be the biggest turn around of first team players in memory. Automatic CL spot means its the biggest spl top spot prize fund.

Ange is our opening gambit.
Thing is about budget we've just been a year with no fans aye yous paid ur season books but that alone isnae enuf to fund a mad spend I think people need to realise where we are the now cash wise yes they cud borrow like fuck do we want them to do that but?? I just think we need to be careful here yes the boards fucked up badly but let's be honest here there's worse owners out there really playing with fire with finances....before a big campaign starts take everything into account not just the fact they fucked gaffer situation be careful what we wish for is wit I meant HH

Thing is about budget we've just been a year with no fans aye yous paid ur season books but that alone isnae enuf to fund a mad spend I think people need to realise where we are the now cash wise yes they cud borrow like fuck do we want them to do that but?? I just think we need to be careful here yes the boards fucked up badly but let's be honest here there's worse owners out there really playing with fire with finances....before a big campaign starts take everything into account not just the fact they fucked gaffer situation be careful what we wish for is wit I meant HH
Correct johnno but at the end of last season pre covid they had net cash of 35 million. Season books were sold and staff took pay cut so they could handle it. Would have drained a bit away but not 35 million.
The sale of klimala and pending sales of at least Ajer/Eddie I’d say near 25/30million.
I’d imagine broony was top earner then Eddie and Ajer would have been up there too
So we’re far from skint

We need 3 or 4 strikers
3 wingers
3 wing backs
2 cbs
A keeper
Attacking and defensive mids as well.
He is definitely going to have to buy buy buy
Not going to disagree BBB with what we require to form a very strong squad, but is that realistic in this transfer window? Can't see it with the time line we have given ourselves.
With still no DOF in place and no word upon one even going to be appointed, leaves the question on who is going to be making decisions on what players will be staying and going.
Without a DOF who then has been dealing with agents, or have we even been in a position to deal with them? With the saga over the length of time it's taken just to finally get a manager.
Attention now really turns to what we still have within our ranks.
Would have thought, Griff, rogic, and Bitton have no longer got anything to offer us to improve the team, yet are we in a position to off load them just yet?
Barkas and Ajeti have hardly shown value for money, and on long contracts still, so can Ange improve them to warrant a starting position and able to hold it down? A big ask imo.
Are the likes of Henderson, Shaw, Luca, Bayo etc able to force there way into challenging for starting roles? I would like to think so now.
Will ntcham and boli still have any part to play within the team? I hope not.
We still have huge questions that hope to get resolved but with Ange not in position until July to make his own assessments of current players still leaves us with a huge mess without answers.
With the time line involved and one we have given ourselves doesn't fill me with confidence of being a well prepared team for the start of the season as you would have been hoping for us to have acted early in this transfer window, but still didn't put ourselves in a position to do so still

Big Ange's 1st job should be to announce his sidekick. It should be someone he can work with and someone who is ALREADY HERE.
Someone who knows the game up here and who doesn't have to quarantine for 10 days. He cannot have Lennedy foisted on him. How's that going to work? He needs his own man as his assistant. And he needs to get it done NOW.

Big Ange's 1st job should be to announce his sidekick. It should be someone he can work with and someone who is ALREADY HERE.
Someone who knows the game up here and who doesn't have to quarantine for 10 days. He cannot have Lennedy foisted on him. How's that going to work? He needs his own man as his assistant. And he needs to get it done NOW.
Can you really see beyond JK brincbhoy? I certainly can't as things stand

Can you really see beyond JK brincbhoy? I certainly can't as things stand
If he has any sense he will have done his homework. A quick Google should tell him JK is seen as Lawwells man on the inside. He cannot have someone he doesn't trust or is running back to his master telling tales.
It's an important role and hopefully after the NL disaster we won't make the same mistake twice.

Members online

Latest posts

Back