Forget about Europe this season!!!!

Derry Bhoy

The most important project this year is the Ten in a Row, and all our efforts should be focused on that. The Celtic team that I would play against Milan and Aberdeen.
Against Milan

Bain
Welsh/Duffy/Ajer/Laxalt/
Dembele/Turnbull/Soro/
Rogic
Klimala/Ajeti/

Against Aberdeen

Barkas
Welsh/Duffy/Ajer/Taylor
Frimpong /Christy/Mc Gregor/Elyounoussi/
Edouard/Griffiths

Subs Henderson/Connell/Ajeti/ Rogic/Turnbull/Soro/

And lets see were we go from there, I would rest brown for a few games and lets get our own young players on to the pitch we cant keep them in cotton wool forever. I would include the injured players when they return in the squad. We are going to be fighting on many fronts this season including ten in a row/The Scottish Cup /Europe/League cup so we are going to need every player to contribute.

The most important project this year is the Ten in a Row, and all our efforts should be focused on that. The Celtic team that I would play against Milan and Aberdeen.
Against Milan

Bain
Welsh/Duffy/Ajer/Laxalt/
Dembele/Turnbull/Soro/
Rogic
Klimala/Ajeti/

Against Aberdeen

Barkas
Welsh/Duffy/Ajer/Taylor
Frimpong /Christy/Mc Gregor/Elyounoussi/
Edouard/Griffiths

Subs Henderson/Connell/Ajeti/ Rogic/Turnbull/Soro/

And lets see were we go from there, I would rest brown for a few games and lets get our own young players on to the pitch we cant keep them in cotton wool forever. I would include the injured players when they return in the squad. We are going to be fighting on many fronts this season including ten in a row/The Scottish Cup /Europe/League cup so we are going to need every player to contribute.
Would have went out of Europa in a heartbeat this season its pants and riddled with travelling and Corona risk.

I didn't agree with the premise that Glasgow Celtic should ever give up on Euro football. But after Saturday I am more open to it. If we don't find form we wont win a single point and this will demolish the confidence even further, conversely though, we get our finger out and it could save us. Football is a complicated cunt.

Celtic will still win 10 In A Row
2nite was irrelevant in that goal & likely a positiv, as any result wud just paper over probs.

DD needs to take control not d pistol! either replace NFL now or provide him with his own choice of management team to actually assist!
(either way put pistols team of JK & WGS jr on underage duty)

Good news is Sevco r still shit & will fuk up along d way in SPFL

I didn't agree with the premise that Glasgow Celtic should ever give up on Euro football. But after Saturday I am more open to it. If we don't find form we wont win a single point and this will demolish the confidence even further, conversely though, we get our finger out and it could save us. Football is a complicated cunt.
We are not playing European football this season we are playing Meagie.

I'd field the youngsters and rotate the squad, giving bit part players some game time (soro, connell, dembele, oko-flex) They get the experience and if they lose heavily it won't effect the morale of the 1st team, if they win, it will build their confidence.
Great shout. So frustrating not getting to see these guys along with the likes of mcinroy and Welsh get some game time and show what they're made of. Particularly want to see if soro can step into Broonies shoes as that's a position that needs filled sooner rather than later imo.HH

Great shout. So frustrating not getting to see these guys along with the likes of mcinroy and Welsh get some game time and show what they're made of. Particularly want to see if soro can step into Broonies shoes as that's a position that needs filled sooner rather than later imo.HH
The only downside is if you make wholesale changes then it doesn't give our players any time to gel or play as a team under matchday pressures. As they are playing against vastly superior teams than they will ever have encountered before then we risk them getting thrashed which could destroy their confidence. But I'd certainly be all for resting some key players and playing some of the fringe players/youngsters for experience.

It's a pity we just didn't get knocked out last night. I too would play the people who don't get a game and blood some of the young players.the league is so important this season this was very evident after losing to dead co last Saturday. The aberdeen game on sunday is so important if we win we can build on it and get the players confidence back and the support a much needed boost after the gutless performance last week. I don't even want to think about losing if it happens nearly 10 years of zombie shit is going to come down on us.put 4 at the back keep the door shut.and attack attack attack Mon the hoops.

I really am shocked to read how many people give up on Europe, good teams should be able to play the league and Europe. You think other fans are saying this? You think juventus fans are saying oh give up on Europe for 10?

We should have a big enough squad to cope and a decent calibre of player considering how much we have spent on transfers under lennon alone and the fact the wage bill reflects a top side.

We shouldn't be struggling to beat the likes of St Johnstone etc... and these are the games that the youngsters need to be put into a couple at a time as these are the places they'll be playing week in week out, not places like the san siro. An example being duffy has been rotten so drop him play 4 at the back with Welsh in, then frimpong at right back giving Dembele game tame as forrest is injured and if it isn't working change it at half time... it isn't rocket science.

The problem is we can sit here and say this is how the team should line up and this is how they should play but at the end of the day it is the manager who picks the team and sets them up to play in a certain manner.

I personally think we should be winning this bloody league at a canter and competing in Europe where the money is made and reputation is gained, we can't attract good players if we keep getting dumped out of Europe year in year out, also tbh celtic park isn't the fortress it used to be. Do we want that back? For teams to fear us and not celebrate on our own patch or do we just want to beat sevco and stay a little better than them. We all know this board aren't going to flex the muscle to Bury them or it would have been done with resolution 12 etc...

Again guys just my opinion and I value all of yours as much and understand that everyone has different views

Think Scottish club football is sitting 9th in the coefficient table points in europe will mean 2 champions league spots and possibly 1 automatic entry that's why I'm for us in Europe though I admit domestic fitba is more important to us this season

Think Scottish club football is sitting 9th in the coefficient table points in europe will mean 2 champions league spots and possibly 1 automatic entry that's why I'm for us in Europe though I admit domestic fitba is more important to us this season
Is that next season? Just be like they jammy cunts to win the league for the first time ever and get straight into the group. And of course we would fuck u qualification again. We need to win the league and if Lenny looks like he's going to fuck it, this news about the CL reinforces that we can't get sentimental about anybody.

I really am shocked to read how many people give up on Europe, good teams should be able to play the league and Europe. You think other fans are saying this? You think juventus fans are saying oh give up on Europe for 10?

We should have a big enough squad to cope and a decent calibre of player considering how much we have spent on transfers under lennon alone and the fact the wage bill reflects a top side.

We shouldn't be struggling to beat the likes of St Johnstone etc... and these are the games that the youngsters need to be put into a couple at a time as these are the places they'll be playing week in week out, not places like the san siro. An example being duffy has been rotten so drop him play 4 at the back with Welsh in, then frimpong at right back giving Dembele game tame as forrest is injured and if it isn't working change it at half time... it isn't rocket science.

The problem is we can sit here and say this is how the team should line up and this is how they should play but at the end of the day it is the manager who picks the team and sets them up to play in a certain manner.

I personally think we should be winning this bloody league at a canter and competing in Europe where the money is made and reputation is gained, we can't attract good players if we keep getting dumped out of Europe year in year out, also tbh celtic park isn't the fortress it used to be. Do we want that back? For teams to fear us and not celebrate on our own patch or do we just want to beat sevco and stay a little better than them. We all know this board aren't going to flex the muscle to Bury them or it would have been done with resolution 12 etc...

Again guys just my opinion and I value all of yours as much and understand that everyone has different views

Can't disagree with you on most points Tbhoy. Lots of 'shoulds' there but the reality is that we don't spend big on ready made players, can't attract big names whether we're in Europe or not, there's no way Paradise is going to be a fortress until the fans are back in the ground and we the fans appear to have higher aspirations than the board.

Can't disagree with you on most points Tbhoy. Lots of 'shoulds' there but the reality is that we don't spend big on ready made players, can't attract big names whether we're in Europe or not, there's no way Paradise is going to be a fortress until the fans are back in the ground and we the fans appear to have higher aspirations than the board.
For me that's one of the most important questions, what are the boards aspirations as a club? Is it to progress as much as possible maybe taking a couple of small hits along the way financially or is it continue to turn a small profit to fill Lawell's Bank account and the other board mementos. Speculate to accumulate as they say in my opinion. For all the money we have wasted in the last ten years on 'projects' I.e bayo etc we could have just signed a marquee player every couple of seasons.

Is that next season? Just be like they jammy cunts to win the league for the first time ever and get straight into the group. And of course we would fuck u qualification again. We need to win the league and if Lenny looks like he's going to fuck it, this news about the CL reinforces that we can't get sentimental about anybody.
RESPONSE:
the response is:
'We will come good and we will win the 10' 🙂

Not sure TV if it's this season coming or not but at the rate both Glasgow clubs are going new and old its looking like sooner rather than later

Back