Forrest equaliser gives Celtic the edge as Kieran Tierney leaves for Arsenal

To go to Cluj and only have one shot at goal and come away with a 1-1 draw shows how lucky we were. I thought Celtic were timid. leaves us with a simple equation. Stop Cluj scoring at Celtic Park and we are in the next round.

To go to Cluj and only have one shot at goal and come away with a 1-1 draw shows how lucky we were. I thought Celtic were timid. leaves us with a simple equation. Stop Cluj scoring at Celtic Park and we are in the next round.
I'm sure i saw a couple of shots on goal, but have to agree we were lacking at times in the final 3rd. Too many needless shots outside box, hitting Ckuj player. Passes available, chances for pass ignored so vhance missed.Rudy S must have told then keeo the grass long and dry. Job done and believe on CP pitch will score plenty. HH

I'm sure i saw a couple of shots on goal, but have to agree we were lacking at times in the final 3rd. Too many needless shots outside box, hitting Ckuj player. Passes available, chances for pass ignored so vhance missed.Rudy S must have told then keeo the grass long and dry. Job done and believe on CP pitch will score plenty. HH

Forrest equaliser gives Celtic the edge as Kieran Tierney leaves for Arsenal...

https://thecelticstar.com/forrest-e...he-edge-as-kieran-tierney-leaves-for-arsenal/
Must say I was impressed with an unimpressive Celtic if that makes sense. Cluj aren't the team they were 3 years ago. I was a little disappointed not to see either shved or griff as I thought we could win the tie over there once I seen reality and that is we are a well oiled mean green machine capable of going far in the cl slavia will definately be close to our standards but cluj I'm thinking 3-0/1 @ paradise. Tonight also showed we desperately need a RB (Aye it's true) and boli needs to chill or he's gonna explode fekn bombscare cos there's a player there I believe. I see the rainjurs saying job done (In pathetic style granted) v Luxembourgs 3rd or something finest. Well we've done a super job tonight and against quality opposition so HH COYBIG YNWA and GIRFUY MSM heh heh

Must say I was impressed with an unimpressive Celtic if that makes sense. Cluj aren't the team they were 3 years ago. I was a little disappointed not to see either shved or griff as I thought we could win the tie over there once I seen reality and that is we are a well oiled mean green machine capable of going far in the cl slavia will definately be close to our standards but cluj I'm thinking 3-0/1 @ paradise. Tonight also showed we desperately need a RB (Aye it's true) and boli needs to chill or he's gonna explode fekn bombscare cos there's a player there I believe. I see the rainjurs saying job done (In pathetic style granted) v Luxembourgs 3rd or something finest. Well we've done a super job tonight and against quality opposition so HH COYBIG YNWA and GIRFUY MSM heh heh
He's goan to end up being called Bolling Balls up if not careful. Agree there is a player in there. Obviously cant judge Julien yet. With so many set pieces would've loved Griff in there and think he'd've scored tonight. However game managed ok, and home is where the tie is won??

He's goan to end up being called Bolling Balls up if not careful. Agree there is a player in there. Obviously cant judge Julien yet. With so many set pieces would've loved Griff in there and think he'd've scored tonight. However game managed ok, and home is where the tie is won??
The most irrritatating thing on the night was Christie's inability to miss the first defender with his corners thats schoolbhoy stuff annoys the hell out of me. Still happy though it's hard to tell with us lot sometimes ?

said on another thread on this site 3-3 would be good result. We played a better class side that we have been faced with. They had good quality players compered with previous teams. good exercise, things learned. lots of other players to come in. I am sure Lenny is on top of this. reiterate as above we will move on. We will be different at home, we have them sussed, they messed up. overall I am confident good preseason game,imo.

Actually the biggest problem isn't the result.The biggest problem is how we play every time.
We didn't change anything since Rodgers left.
We play forth with a lone striker who is not supported when it's needed.Edouard tries to break the opposition alone without companion and sometimes when he fails to score his teammates come from behind and make needless shots without passing the ball to him when again Edouard does the same sometimes he want to get a goal on for himself.
When you are to put pressure on a team you must not put one striker moving before the box area doing dribbling and you don't put 2 wingers near the corners observing the striker.Thats ridiculous. You have to drag a number of players into the penalty area to take headers or to force the opponent make mistakes and concede in panic.We only doing shots.Shots require space.When the opponent is parking the bus or forming a zone you can't shoot.Only a fool would do that.You go straight inside with 5 or six players to score directly through their line on the back. Wingers can help when the opponent is exposed at the back.
Our second weakness is we have slow recovery in the backline when we have to return back, that's how they got us again. And the last thing is that when deffending we have only three or four players inside the box and the others keep waiting. The same goes for the attack as mentioned.During the attack we have only 1 or 3 players maximum
With this style of play we will keep conceding no matter how good are the CB and whilst we have firepower we ll go wasted.

Actually the biggest problem isn't the result.The biggest problem is how we play every time.
We play forth with a lone striker who is not supported when it's needed.Edouard tries to break the opposition alone without companion and sometimes when he fails to score his teammates come from behind and make needless shots without passing the ball to him when again Edouard does the same sometimes he want to get a goal on for himself.
When you are to put pressure on a team you must not put one striker moving before the box area doing dribbling and you don't put 2 wingers near the corners observing the striker.Thats ridiculous. You have to drag a number of players into the penalty area to take headers or to force the opponent make mistakes and concede in panic.We only doing shots.Shots require space.When the opponent is parking the bus or forming a zone you can't shoot.Only a fool would do that.You go straight inside with 5 or six players to score directly through their line on the back. Wingers can help when the opponent is exposed at the back.
Our second weakness is we have slow recovery in the backline when we have to return back, that's how they got us again. And the last thing is that when deffending we have only three or four players inside the box and the others keep waiting. The same goes for the attack as mentioned.During the attack we have only 1 or 3 players maximum
With this style of play we will keep conceding no matter how good are the CB and whilst we have firepower we ll go wasted.
OUZO!!!!!

If this game wasn't so early in the calendar we might have seen Edouard get support from griff or shved. Jozo injury near the end meant we couldn't risk it. Playing away in Europe in front of a highly partisan crowd is tough. I thought Edouard was great pulling defenders all over the place. I don't see that we played the same way as BRs Celtic, except Edouard being the lone striker , same set up but different style. Cluj at home are a tough side to play never mind with a still makeshift side. If we can get some players in once englands window closes (I think were waiting for that) we'll be stronger, that's us played 6 competitive games. Teams spirit is impressive. Much more positives than negatives the result is no problem at all its an advantage. Still work to do though cluj aren't out yet we just have to do what we do best and beat them at CP HH

If anybody offered me that result before the game I would have ripped their arm out the socket. Great result away.

However, we again had too play with too many empty shirts and a Kamikaze hellbent on taking us down.

All the talk of £20m for Calmac is nonsense if he can’t step up against better euro teams. We cannot play when we go into Europe. Too many players freeze.

Luckily we had a couple of players who managed to keep us in it.

On that form and if Boli is in the team, we will struggle to get past Cluj at home never mind Prague.

Once again our defence contravened the trades description act blatantly. Will a day ever dawn when someone at CP can actually go out and find enough good players to ensure we can put up resistance in a competent way?

I know I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one.

A great goal from Forrest, but even his final baw was woeful at times.

The main positive obviously is we didn’t totally cave in. As we usually do, and for that I am happy.

Lenny’s management of the game was truly terrible. Keeping Boli on past 20minutes, Morgan over 60 when I did more screaming at the screen.

We need players and we needed them yesterday. We now have the filthy English gold for our Bhoy. Spend it Lawell. You had better fucking spend it on quality. The support have had enough of you and your ways. We are going for qualification and 9. What more motivation do you need mate?

The whole Celtic world is stubbed our talisman chose to talis somewhere else. We need a lift. The team needs defenders, a midfielder who won’t dissapear in Europe and if Bayo keeps getting injured, a striker. I would also get another keeper.

The sun came up this morning even with KT away. We move on. Those that lead us must find the way to ensure we improve with that money.

If they try to put it in a tin and keep it to fund unjustified bonuses, there will be a fucking riot.

Lawell tick tock. Get it done. Or get to fuck.

Members online

Latest posts

Back