Forrest.

patmeech

Would you play him on Sunday,yeah I know he scored yesterday don't know if it's because he's being moved to different positions all over the park but lately in some games he's been terrible,and the break can't come soon enough for christie/McGregor to they in certain games. Have been posted missing 2nd half yesterday was AWFUL

Not fond of Jamsie being moved over the place but he's an incredible player. He started the season on fire n has been invaluable, as he has been for years. Would always have a fit Jamsie in the starting 11.
McGregor is one that needs resting, the amount of fitba he's played in Las 2 n half years has been insane, no wonder he's been bit subdued this season.

Would you play him on Sunday,yeah I know he scored yesterday don't know if it's because he's being moved to different positions all over the park but lately in some games he's been terrible,and the break can't come soon enough for christie/McGregor to they in certain games. Have been posted missing 2nd half yesterday was AWFUL
Dip in form for me.

But on big match to drop most experienced players would be strange.

I'm hoping they all hit form again in next game.

It could be they are saving their energy for a big last game of the year.

Forrest for me in last few seasons has been our star player. Might not give 9 out 10 every game but for a winger/inside forward he hits 9 out 10 in Scotland most often.

Tactics and instructions can also make a player look less then outstanding, but sometimes these guys are marked by two players which creates space for another. The another recently hasn't't been absolutely clinical which has been reflected in the lower than comfortable shorelines.

Perhaps there is a laxity in concentration when we go two up, which annoys me.

McGregor in Lennon system is less adventurous going forward, perhaps instructed? Our play seems much more counter attacking oriented than in recent seasons but perhaps thats necessary to create more chances against a wall type defence. Draw them out a bit then strike fast in spaces. McGregor is good passer and reads game well but when Christie making forward channel options he needs someone creating those chances.

So although McGregor may not seem as dynamic as under Rodgers I think he plays an equally crucial role in Lennons system, albeit less noticeable.

Forrest for me must play if fit. Goal threat, really dangerous off either flank, creates a very hard shift for his opposite number and can create goals in press or counter.

Christie is a game changer and maverick, but of three he might be better coming off bench in this one?

Depends on the game plan.

Personally all three would start for me.

Goalie-Forster

Back 4- Bolingoli Ajer Julien Frimpong

middle-Brown McGregor Christie

front -Elyanoussi if fit (Johnston if not) Edouard and Forrest

If Griffiths was fit enough- I might be tempted to play Eddy as inside left with Griffiths through middle rather than Elyanoussi

But thats the only position I can't make up my mind.

Wee Johnston on fire is best (left side attack), imo, for that position but maybe he best coming off bench

Don't believe James gives enough in some games yes he was very good yesterday but sometimes hides and doesn't take on defenders enough as he has pace to burn at times find him so frustrating has everything to be a big player for us

Forrest goes missing in too many games for me, but in fairness to him, he has Been played out of position these last few game just to accommodate ntcham. Who I think plays a lot better coming off the bench.
I would play Forrest and Christie in the normal positions and start Mikey on the left as I think tavenier can't handle him.
The whole midfield yesterday looked tired in the second half and jullien looked like a car crash waitin to happen. Speaking of jullien, he looks very fuckin soft, the slightest of touches and he seems to be rolling on the ground. When he came first he was compared to Bobo, as far as I can see, their only comparison is their height!

Dip in form for me.

But on big match to drop most experienced players would be strange.

I'm hoping they all hit form again in next game.

It could be they are saving their energy for a big last game of the year.

Forrest for me in last few seasons has been our star player. Might not give 9 out 10 every game but for a winger/inside forward he hits 9 out 10 in Scotland most often.

Tactics and instructions can also make a player look less then outstanding, but sometimes these guys are marked by two players which creates space for another. The another recently hasn't't been absolutely clinical which has been reflected in the lower than comfortable shorelines.

Perhaps there is a laxity in concentration when we go two up, which annoys me.

McGregor in Lennon system is less adventurous going forward, perhaps instructed? Our play seems much more counter attacking oriented than in recent seasons but perhaps thats necessary to create more chances against a wall type defence. Draw them out a bit then strike fast in spaces. McGregor is good passer and reads game well but when Christie making forward channel options he needs someone creating those chances.

So although McGregor may not seem as dynamic as under Rodgers I think he plays an equally crucial role in Lennons system, albeit less noticeable.

Forrest for me must play if fit. Goal threat, really dangerous off either flank, creates a very hard shift for his opposite number and can create goals in press or counter.

Christie is a game changer and maverick, but of three he might be better coming off bench in this one?

Depends on the game plan.

Personally all three would start for me.

Goalie-Forster

Back 4- Bolingoli Ajer Julien Frimpong

middle-Brown McGregor Christie

front -Elyanoussi if fit (Johnston if not) Edouard and Forrest

If Griffiths was fit enough- I might be tempted to play Eddy as inside left with Griffiths through middle rather than Elyanoussi

But thats the only position I can't make up my mind.

Wee Johnston on fire is best (left side attack), imo, for that position but maybe he best coming off bench
Spot on TET. The only point I'd disagree with is about if Elyounoussi is fit then start him. Too often in the last couple of seasons in these derby we've rushed back players who aren't match fit, seen them struggle and/or break down and often end up being out again injured for another few weeks.

Leave him out to fully recover and go with Mikey J on the left, Christie middle and Forrest on the right. Play our best players in their best positions.

Spot on TET. The only point I'd disagree with is about if Elyounoussi is fit then start him. Too often in the last couple of seasons in these derby we've rushed back players who aren't match fit, seen them struggle and/or break down and often end up being out again injured for another few weeks.

Leave him out to fully recover and go with Mikey J on the left, Christie middle and Forrest on the right. Play our best players in their best positions.
Mickey reminds me of McGeady when he broke through but i think hes even better.Think his big moments still to come though so i would start him Sunday.

Has always been a big player regardless of form,not a player to leave out of a team can change a game with his runs but tends to try too hard when struggling to score, a player that Lenny knows well so will give him every chance on Sunday also when inform can pull 2/3 players out to stop him

I would play him wide RIGHT, Corpus as No10 and Mikey wide left. Sorry Ollie your back on the bench.

He doesn't seem to me to be playing his agame but I wonder if the recent changes are to match the Huns in the middle of the park with Jamesie on the left to match Tavernier.
I have been trying to figure why we have brought in Ntcham moved James left when wee Mikey is available. I know I'm no rocket scientist but it's the best I've got!

HH

He doesn't seem to me to be playing his agame but I wonder if the recent changes are to match the Huns in the middle of the park with Jamesie on the left to match Tavernier.
I have been trying to figure why we have brought in Ntcham moved James left when wee Mikey is available. I know I'm no rocket scientist but it's the best I've got!

HH
Wouldnt like to be Lenny pickin the team,so many options!Thought Ntcham played well yesterday but think Christie much better in the middle with Forrest on the right.Play Mickey on the left ,let him run Tavpen ragged.

Members online

No members online now.

Back