Fraser Forster broke their hearts. Ryan Jack was evidence of that

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
If we offered a years loan with the option to buy and it was rejected then for me this was FFs decision, not Southamptons. It doesn't guarantee long term security. It may all boil down to a question of trust- will FF trust the club to activate this option? I think the deal is fair for all parties here as in a years time finances in football may have reset somewhat and a long term deal may be done. All things considered for now the safest option for FF is to sit tight , I'm not optimistic we'll see him this season.

He knows our wage structure, at the end of his career he can choose to count his money....or count his medals.....remember great European night against the likes of Barcelona or 3rd string reserve games against Scunthorpe.....
As much as I agree with this BB I don't think sentiment is important to FF right now , he knows the fans love him. This is a financial decision primarily, not football. A deal suiting all parties may be feasible in the future, just not now.

Reading about him down in England the situations seems to be
Angus Gunn is the one looking at being sold.
Southampton are skint and will look at offers but it has to be for permanent deals as loans still leave them with part if the wage bill.
Lampard at Chelsea wants to add height to his defence and sees FF as a man to do that.

Back