French Eddie might stay another year

Bellshill bhoy

Must be asking for too much money, even the snakes team have cooled their interest and are perusing other players, he now wants to stay another year, run down his contract and leave for a bumper payday on a free😡
He might be here physically....but his head/heart left last season🤬

He'll be thinking he can do another Ntcham, if he sulks enough we'll let him go early.
I actually think he's been shafted by Rodgers who must have promised him the move was nailed on. Hence the reason he hardly tried a leg last season.
We're a little bit screwed with the 40% sell on clause due to PSG. We paid 9m and it's ridiculous if we don't get at least that back.

He'll be thinking he can do another Ntcham, if he sulks enough we'll let him go early.
I actually think he's been shafted by Rodgers who must have promised him the move was nailed on. Hence the reason he hardly tried a leg last season.
We're a little bit screwed with the 40% sell on clause due to PSG. We paid 9m and it's ridiculous if we don't get at least that back.
Having said that if we sell him for 9m they can have 40% of 0.

Back in the olden days it was true that the owners had far too much power over players and could effectively stall their career if they so wished. Wee Jum's 100-year contracts at Tannadice were legendary and were a throwback to slavery.

Unfortunately - the scales have well and truly been tipped and it's now the players, but particularly their agents, who hold all the aces. If there were such a thing as true loyalty and gratitude, then Eddy would offer to sign at least a one-year extension to ensure that the club at least get something in return.

You'll have to excuse me, I nearly got hit in the napper by a low-flying pig who obviously lost his flight path due to the blizzard of blue snow.

Well if I was the manager I would be having a wee word with him and let him have 3 options.
(1) stay, knuckle down and play out your skin for the up coming season. If you do that you will get the big move you want.
(2) stay, be disinterested and you will be playing in the lowland league with the kids
(3) get your agent to fund you a club before the season starts

Last edited:
Well if I was the manager I would be having a wee word with him and let him have 3 options.
(1) stay, knuckle down and play out tour skin for the up coming season. If you do that you will get the big move you want.
(2) stay, be disinterested and you will be playing in the lowland league with the kids
(3) get tour agent to fund you a club before the season starts
Would be funny seeing Eddie play in the lowland league 😂

Must be asking for too much money, even the snakes team have cooled their interest and are perusing other players, he now wants to stay another year, run down his contract and leave for a bumper payday on a free😡
He might be here physically....but his head/heart left last season🤬
The snake was just being himself... a snake... and was looking to try to do a half price deal. Nice if you can get it.
Eddy has been lazy and mercenary for the last year and played himself OUT of a decent move. If he stays to work his ticket, he should be on the bench behind Griff and any younger incoming striker. Won't get to play for France either if he is constantly on the bench. Also unlikely to find a decent club if he has not played for a year.

Last edited:
Can see him staying and leaving for free ,he's saw the bad management of Demble and Ntcham and thought fk it last season puts testiment to that he hardly tried a leg ,he could sit this season out no bother and not give a toss

I think it would make him get his head out his arse
(1) stay, knuckle down and play out your skin for the up coming season. If you do that you will get the big move you want.
Have to agree entirely with your post, he doesn't even have to be given the options, pick him as part of the squad leave him on the bench, if his agents start making a fuss offer an extension, if he signs it fine, still leave him on the bench, he may feel that we've broken our word to him but again he can easily rectify this situation, find a club that is willing to pay what we want or sign a new long-term contract. HH

I get where you're coming from GB, I was reluctant to get involved with this thread until the whole story unfolds, but I'm gonna break one of my stick on personal rules and start my point with the word "if". And here it is....."If" this story IS true, I would make sure he would never disrespect our Jersey again. I simply wouldn't let him near a Celtic strip. ANY Celtic strip.

Edouard would have been sold last summer had Celtic received a bid that matched their valuation. Due to covid situation that did not happen and it's also a factoring Toney not signing when he wanted to. Leicester clearly don't want to pay the money Celtic want now (£25m?) so Edouard's agents are playing the drop your asking price or you'll end up with nothing game. It's a bluff, he's not going to stay another season in Scotland.

Have to agree entirely with your post, he doesn't even have to be given the options, pick him as part of the squad leave him on the bench, if his agents start making a fuss offer an extension, if he signs it fine, still leave him on the bench, he may feel that we've broken our word to him but again he can easily rectify this situation, find a club that is willing to pay what we want or sign a new long-term contract. HH
The really sad thing is, is that when he eventually gets his 'dream' move, all he'll ever do is wax lyrical about Celtic/the fans/the history etc......

I'd keep him and let him see out his contract.....there are other, younger, better players than him out there.....just need a decent scouting network to unearth them
And we won't receive anywhere near 15 million if he's sold...8 or 9 tops which we would receive 5 or 6 of that....who knows Ange might put a rocket up his arse and he will score 40 goals before January and someone might come in with a stupid bid?
Who knows eh? Bloody modern footballers

I think he is a decent young lad. But I'm fed up with his attitude and sulkiness.

For these alone, I don't think he is worth keeping.

Chances are it will spread disharmony, which a manager should not have to deal with.

Let him go. But with a large sell on clause. As PSG done.

I'm hoping for a decent offer and then its thanks and goodbye. If he stays then give him a chance like everyone else but if there is any nonsense from him then he can feck off and train on his own - I wouldn't want his toxic attitude affecting our youngsters - and we all know he would find an injury anyway so he could sit out.

Members online

No members online now.

Back