French Eddy Off

Eddie had to play most of last season on his own upfront whilst most of the time we had 2 strikers on the bench, no wukin fonder he gave up the ghost.

Guy has talent, unfortunately last years idiotic tactics were counter to his talents, cant forgive him for chucking it but wish him all the best ( unless he joins the snake obviously).

Eddie had to play most of last season on his own upfront whilst most of the time we had 2 strikers on the bench, no wukin fonder he gave up the ghost.

Guy has talent, unfortunately last years idiotic tactics were counter to his talents, cant forgive him for chucking it but wish him all the best ( unless he joins the snake obviously).
Im also surprised at the negativity towards Edouard. The guy is a serious talent and it will probably be years before anyone else at that level joins celtic. Piss poor management by a bunch of fecking clowns plus corona were more to blame for his poor return this year. Just wait until his "replacement" shows up - then we'll all have something to really moan about 😕. I hope I'm wrong mind you...

Demented mate longest ive been without my Nat King ...god knows how you must be feeling
The American in-laws were asking me aboot Scottish words and sayings. When I told them some say "get yer hole" as a saying for sex they thought it was hilarious. Dee's sister said, well that's straight to the point and covers everything in 3 words.
This conversation came about on a car journey to San Diego. There was a group of about 30 bikers. They had patches on their leather jackets saying, I swear this is true, The Shaggers. Not one of them had a female companion with them. I said, How can they call themselves The Shaggers if none o them are getting their Hole?

Im also surprised at the negativity towards Edouard. The guy is a serious talent and it will probably be years before anyone else at that level joins celtic. Piss poor management by a bunch of fecking clowns plus corona were more to blame for his poor return this year. Just wait until his "replacement" shows up - then we'll all have something to really moan about 😕. I hope I'm wrong mind you...
Nah mate, only interested in playing for the frogs u21, I’d rather have a player with half the skill with twice the enthusiasm, was loved here......did he love us?.....wouldn’t be surprised if his career goes in a downward spiral now, once you get lazy, unmotivated, disinterested, unfit, won’t be easy to “flick” the switch back on, if he does end up with the snake in the EPL he’s not gonna find it “easy” up against international quality defenders, see Nitcham’s career for example, unwanted and unsellable, free transfer material, at least we’ll get our money back plus a few million extra to get someone that WANTS to be here

The American in-laws were asking me aboot Scottish words and sayings. When I told them some say "get yer hole" as a saying for sex they thought it was hilarious. Dee's sister said, well that's straight to the point and covers everything in 3 words.
This conversation came about on a car journey to San Diego. There was a group of about 30 bikers. They had patches on their leather jackets saying, I swear this is true, The Shaggers. Not one of them had a female companion with them. I said, How can they call themselves The Shaggers if none o them are getting their Hole?
In the USA the shag is a type of dance, once meet a couple when I was on holiday in Florida years ago, that were “into” it, couldn’t keep a straight face when they told me they’d been “shagging” non stop for years and go to “shagging” competitions all over the country, and had won trophies for their “shagging” I said I was “ok” at it, but hadn’t won any awards....🤣🤣

'Not interested' to the tune of 22 goals isolated up front, on top of a bout of Covid.

Yup...
Stats can be very misleading sandman, so tell me how many of them goals were in the league and from open play?
Dont do stats myself but at a guess I would say 13 or 14 goals, wouldn't say he scored a headed goal as can't remember him even winning an headed challenge.
Also at a guess I would say he was one of the lowest with distance covered on the field of play.
Overall his contribution towards the team I will still say, was fairly poor for what he is capable of offering

Stats can be very misleading sandman, so tell me how many of them goals were in the league and from open play?
Since you asked, 18 of them were in league play, which incidentally made Edouard the league leader in goals this season. Just in case you were wondering how that stat might, oh I don't know, be misleading.

And maybe you noticed that, as the sole striker, defenses were collapsing around him, sometimes up to six at a time, which makes shots, oh, just a bit tough. Yet he led the league in scoring anyway. So if his contributions were "poor," it seems like the coaching staff could have adapted to a two-up-front offense, which rarely -- if ever -- happened under Lennon/Kennedy.

And then, as Sandman points out, there was his absence for COVID reasons, which would have (and did) affect his play.
wouldn't say he scored a headed goal as can't remember him even winning an headed challenge.
Seriously? WTF does that have to do with anything? He's somewhat lacking because, although he led the league in scoring, you can't remember if any of the goals were headers? Riiiiiiiiiiight.

Since you asked, 18 of them were in league play, which incidentally made Edouard the league leader in goals this season. Just in case you were wondering how that stat might, oh I don't know, be misleading.

And maybe you noticed that, as the sole striker, defenses were collapsing around him, sometimes up to six at a time, which makes shots, oh, just a bit tough. Yet he led the league in scoring anyway. So if his contributions were "poor," it seems like the coaching staff could have adapted to a two-up-front offense, which rarely -- if ever -- happened under Lennon/Kennedy.

And then, as Sandman points out, there was his absence for COVID reasons, which would have (and did) affect his play.

Seriously? WTF does that have to do with anything? He's somewhat lacking because, although he led the league in scoring, you can't remember if any of the goals were headers? Riiiiiiiiiiight.
Take out his penalties and that figure reduces to about 13 or 14.
Out of 38 league games, how many did he actually miss? 5 maybe 6
Nowhere to be seen the best part of the time any ball was put into the box.
And go ahead and tell us all how many times he gave the ball away, more than anyone else.
Oh his play did improve slightly after the January transfer window, was that because no-one really had that much interest in him any longer? As they weren't going to pay huge money on the form he was showing.
And is it now beyond him to head a ball nowadays?
Sing up his praise as much as you like Larry, won't no longer be sorry to see the back of him as I think we can still get in someone else who can offer us more next season than eddy did last season imo

I don't think scoring 22 goals precludes the idea that he was disinterested. There was no suggestion that he suffered from long COVID, so in the absence of anything to the contrary, that shouldn't be held out as a significant factor.

He's a very gifted player, yet he only scored 12 goals from open play in the 20/21 season (per Transfermarkt). Against journeyman defenders that's a terrible return. Every time I watched him he looked to be playing at sub-optimal level in terms of effort.

He did play upfront alone but perhaps if he worked harder, he'd have made more space for himself and the attacking midfielders behind him. A fully committed team, pressing and moving as a unit can operate successfully with no striker, as Pep has proven.

Only Edouard will know what the truth is in terms of his attitude but if he goes to the EPL, he'll need to do a lot better than he did for us last season.

Griff scored 40 goals 4-5 years ago, don’t recall anyone calling him a £20-40million player, whits the difference, one eats tunnocks tea cakes….the other eats frogs legs,
Eddie was untouchable on his day, didn’t have ANY “days” last year, possibly the after effects of COVID, possibly disinterested, I’m leaning toward the latter…..

Back