French Eddy

Glasbhoy81

Stories have been circulating that celtic have lowered their price for Eddy . Some say £15m , the new story saying €25m.
Now celtic paid £9m and PSG have supposedly a 30% sell on fee. Surely these reports are bullshit.
Celtic knocked back £9m for boyata and let him leave for free. Why would they basically take peanuts for our and the country's best player.
Would you take the shite money or keep him for next season to reclaim our title

Stories have been circulating that celtic have lowered their price for Eddy . Some say £15m , the new story saying €25m.
Now celtic paid £9m and PSG have supposedly a 30% sell on fee. Surely these reports are bullshit.
Celtic knocked back £9m for boyata and let him leave for free. Why would they basically take peanuts for our and the country's best player.
Would you take the shite money or keep him for next season to reclaim our title

So we keep Eddy and he downs tools.....he runs down his contract and we then get nothing.....that’s a lose, lose scenario.....if he’s not prepared to extend his contract we need to sell him.....there’s no other options...

We all know hes a class act,on his day the best player in Scotland by far but hes looked half the player this season ,gives the ball away a lot and tries to beat one man too many,

Not sure whats going on with him but if i was a betting man id say he wants away!

I mind thinking we could get 40 million for him ,be lucky if we can get half that now.

Last edited by a moderator:
We all know hes a class act,on his day the best player in Scotland by far but hes looked half the player this season ,goves the ball away a lot and tries to beat one man too many,

Not sure whats going on with him but if i was a bettkng man id say he wants away!

I mind thinking we could get 40 million for him ,be lucky if we can get half that now.
Bang on Tony anything over will be a bonus or a good old bidding war could help the cause..

HH.

With only one year left on his contract, Covid affecting transfer fees across Europe and a relatively poor season will see us settling for £20m + a sell on clause. PSG get 30% of any profit so that'll be £3.3m leaving us with just under £17m.
If there are several clubs interested as reported then we may be able to push the price closer to KT's £25m

No sure we can compare to KT'S price cause of this covid draining so much cash out the game I think 20 is a nice number hes well worth more but if scouts think he downed tools they wont offer top dollar taking all into account 20 wid be nice
Covid hasn't really affected the clubs in the Premiership. Ticket sales is nothing really to EPL clubs. So if they start hitting us with that excuse we should tell them to get to fuck.

If Eddy was playing for Bournemouth they would be expecting minimum of £50m. They got £41m for Nathan Aké and Eddy is a better player plus a more valuable player as Aké is a CB
Different market

Question is how much would you bid for eddy to bring him to this lesser market?

And that is the actual price he holds.

Exactly the same as every other player in our market.

its like buying a gold watch at paddies market except it turns to rust if you dont sell it within a certain time frame.

What he might be worth in a different market if he is exceptional in that market has no baring in our market unless they really want him.

factors that might get you a higher price now include but not exclusive

his current attitude
his current wage
his current contract length
his performances in big games
his performances in shit games
his average performance over season
how much he enjoys current team
how much he enjoys current league
the financial health of club he currently at

The biggest sale we ever had to date was tierney

good player
regular levels high
loved club didn't really wanna leave, so make me an offer I will think oh wow

Eddy is good player

we will get jack for him if he doesnt sign another contract

im pretty sure he could earn similar if not more than tierney

I suspect he wants to go, coz his attitude has not really been very impressive this season

I hope we can get 50 million

I expect he will be punted in auction after first reasonable bid announced

I doubt we will get anywhere near 25 million

but who knows if two clubs get he need to outbid each other with their big tv deals

Back