French Eddy

Eddy has to be sold if he does not sign an extension. He can I believe refuse to go to the the highest bidder and go to who he wants. If say he wanted to go to arsenal and no one else Arsenal could then offer whatever they liked knowing he will come to them in another year for nowt. What we need is a number of clubs who want Eddy and who Eddy is willing to play for, then we should get north of £25m if not prepare to be disappointed.

For what it's worth, here's my two cents:
MSM going into high gear, as the zombies close in on their first title, in their short nine year history
Stories abound about Eddie wanted by teams in England, and his price dropping
Then, we have the emotional midgets,within the support, shouting the odds about 'Dom McKay Out' (cue the bedsheets making an appearance) he's not even in yet, and people want him out, gie's peace
Mind you that was in the MSM this morning :rolleyes:
Covid has fucked clubs financially, families financially, and if a player wants away, then there's nothing clubs can do to prevent it
It's like selling your car, it's worth what someone is willing to pay, that's it
You can shout all you want about what it's worth, but at the end of the day, it's a buyers market

Have a great weekend & keep the heid
HH
Perhaps Eddie will return to France, if another Covd outbreak should emerge he would be closer to his family. As for the Heid, went into the back garden and found another yin. Keep safe Dill. By the by hiv ye hud yer wee jag yet.

Eddy has to be sold if he does not sign an extension. He can I believe refuse to go to the the highest bidder and go to who he wants. If say he wanted to go to arsenal and no one else Arsenal could then offer whatever they liked knowing he will come to them in another year for nowt. What we need is a number of clubs who want Eddy and who Eddy is willing to play for, then we should get north of £25m if not prepare to be disappointed.
I think there are more clubs than Leicester and arsenal interested in eddy , I wouldn't rule out lyon wanting to do the same as with moussa, hes broken Moussas u21 record ( which was no small feat itself) and proved he can play in Europe I can see there being more than 5 clubs in England alone wanting him. HH ☘

This is a story from the daily mail I think. £15 million for Edouard is laughable for a player of such quality and I can't see us selling at that price, also cant see him staying he will leave I'm certain. If PSG have a 30% sell on clause that's what £3.5 million to them meaning a £2.5 million profit for Celtic? The only way I can contemplate this happening is if Celtic made certain promises to eddy that he could leave for the club of his choice, highly unlikely. Has to be north of £25 million minimum. £25 million would mean PSG recieve £7.5 million and us £8.5 million, that's a bit more like it to me . Given all that peter lawell has completely destroyed this season it cant be put past him leaving us with another final parting shambles swipe. DD though? Would he really invest £9 million for edouard only to recieve £2.5 million ? That's some gamble for Celtic and we are hardly the gambling type when it comes to this kind of money. We will soon see though. HH ☘
Obviously we don't know the specifics of the transfer or his contract, but usually these types of high % sell-on clauses are on the profit part of the sell-on value (only on the profit on our £9m initial transfer).

Obviously we don't know the specifics of the transfer or his contract, but usually these types of high % sell-on clauses are on the profit part of the sell-on value (only on the profit on our £9m initial transfer).
Aye good point BB, sources close to an anonymous insider on the outside of etc... say 30% another source close to nobody says 40% to PSG 🤷‍♂️

Griffiths attempt was a knockdown for Edouard.... Griffiths should have started instead of Christie. Give him 6 minutes..... some manager eh?
Same as JK theres nothing different , players automatically respond to a new manager and they havent by a long way so hes never the man and if Celtic appoint him and crowds are allowed back into the stadium itll be back to deila days of empty tiers.

Celtic will also have a sell on clause in the contract, the media are chasing Eddie out the door ASAP, he will leave, of that we know, but the huns fear the money Celtic get regardless of CL. Before a ball is kicked we get close to what what CL would give us, Celtic still the best run financially and the best cash projected club going forward.

That type of business is the type of business that ensures our future, remember the bunnet quotes regards prudence.
"This club is going to be around for the next 100 years and I'm not going to put that at risk just to stop Rangers reaching 10"

Celtic do not chase numbers spending massive sums to obtain bragging rights in a domestic Scotland structure, that type of vision killed Rangers 2012. The tribute act have already kicked off in debt to all and sundry and are fighting legal battles

Celtic will also have a sell on clause in the contract, the media are chasing Eddie out the door ASAP, he will leave, of that we know, but the huns fear the money Celtic get regardless of CL. Before a ball is kicked we get close to what what CL would give us, Celtic still the best run financially and the best cash projected club going forward.

That type of business is the type of business that ensures our future, remember the bunnet quotes regards prudence.
"This club is going to be around for the next 100 years and I'm not going to put that at risk just to stop Rangers reaching 10"

Celtic do not chase numbers spending massive sums to obtain bragging rights in a domestic Scotland structure, that type of vision killed Rangers 2012. The tribute act have already kicked off in debt to all and sundry and are fighting legal battles
Agree with all of it boab but it is on the pitch that I care about, great to have a well run club that's financially secure, can buy players and make money ( that I wont recieve any , just a pass to paradise bs , means nothing to me ( oh Vienna 😛) if the players perform like that , we could be as rich a man city but if the players and management team are so poor , theres no benefit to me on the field of play and tbh that's what we all care about the most. I do agree with you still HH ☘

Agree with all of it boab but it is on the pitch that I care about, great to have a well run club that's financially secure, can buy players and make money ( that I wont recieve any , just a pass to paradise bs , means nothing to me ( oh Vienna 😛) if the players perform like that , we could be as rich a man city but if the players and management team are so poor , theres no benefit to me on the field of play and tbh that's what we all care about the most. I do agree with you still HH ☘
Same here, but theres a point in there needs addressed, and its on the pitch performance. who are the players who were retained on high wages and never put a shift in this term. That needs addressed only then will the finance and playing structure is in tandem then domestically dominance will be easy.
Bigger picture has to now be a build towrads European football and put a marker down in a few years from now, that Europe is were Celtic wants to be positioned and with a reasonable ranking.

Same here, but theres a point in there needs addressed, and its on the pitch performance. who are the players who were retained on high wages and never put a shift in this term. That needs addressed only then will the finance and playing structure is in tandem then domestically dominance will be easy.
Bigger picture has to now be a build towrads European football and put a marker down in a few years from now, that Europe is were Celtic wants to be positioned and with a reasonable ranking.
👍

Re eduard
IMO he will not progress at our great club
As that ship has sailed
I believe the boy will go on to be a success elsewhere and so I hope we get the recompense we are due
But when was the last time he showed any presence up front
Goals not with standing
Any sort of problem for any opposition back line
And with this in mind how in hell
Do we play with him up front on his own

Members online

Back