Front Men - The game in Scotland?

Bayo? Just sell and try and get some money back. More injuries than a train wreck. Griffiths? Training maybe, but never will be fit this season. His mindset is gone! The type of game in Scotland does not help, giving the young ones a chance, it’s kick or be kicked where referees are so incompetent they don’t know what a foul is. Footballers are supposed to be protected but never are. Frimpong, I feel sorry for him already, a strong fit young man who will soon have to be rested once the kickers set in. The Scottish game has to change.
The SPFL needs amending dramatically. This 12 team crap is killing our game playing each other 4 times and more in a season is stifling the game. The same with teams attempting to be successful in Europe. Get home on a Friday and travel away to Aberdeen for an early kick of on a Sunday. What are the directors of clubs thinking about?
Time for a Radical Rething in Scotland.

Unfortunately there isn’t enough professional teams in Scotland to have more in the top league. It’s a bit much writing off Griff and Bayo. Especially Griff as we know the quality player he is when he’s on top form. Need another striker in for sure but I wouldn’t be trashing any of the strikers we have at the min.

I agree with the league set-up and I believe we can support an 18 team league. The Dundee clubs, Dunfermline, Falkirk, Partick and Ayr have enough of a following to at least sustain themselves if they are sensible enough.

As for front men, the current trend to play with a lone striker pretty much makes a player like Bayo redundant until there's anything worthwhile getting played into the box?

I get a bit frustrated with games like last night, as it was the type of game where you can afford to go with two up top and get a bit of understanding between the strikers for the times when you really need it. I appreciate that continuity is important, but so is the need to change systems when you have to!

Bayo? Just sell and try and get some money back. More injuries than a train wreck. Griffiths? Training maybe, but never will be fit this season. His mindset is gone! The type of game in Scotland does not help, giving the young ones a chance, it’s kick or be kicked where referees are so incompetent they don’t know what a foul is. Footballers are supposed to be protected but never are. Frimpong, I feel sorry for him already, a strong fit young man who will soon have to be rested once the kickers set in. The Scottish game has to change.
The SPFL needs amending dramatically. This 12 team crap is killing our game playing each other 4 times and more in a season is stifling the game. The same with teams attempting to be successful in Europe. Get home on a Friday and travel away to Aberdeen for an early kick of on a Sunday. What are the directors of clubs thinking about?
How do you know what the Griff's mindset is like? Serious question btw.

It certainly is time for a rethink. Those chaps in the green and white hoops are winning everything. AGAIN.

Keep it clean or its a yellow....
il_794xN.1632125421_b9ij.jpg

Back