Funny but true !

Millsy

Having watched and enjoyed ( mostly ) football for 6 decades , I am pleasantly astonished that the ''great intellects'' that comprise the football family still manage to come up with comedy gold when discussing the game .
I mentioned on another thread the legend ( or blimp ) that is BFDJ had said that the system used by EBT against Israel was fine , ''...it was just that the players didn't know what to do .''
This had me recalling some of the quotes from various decades of football that have had me in stitches . Members on here will no doubt have better memories than me but here are a couple of my favourites :

The passing of John Lambie recently brought to mind his memorable aid to coaching : A Thistle player went down with a head knock - the physio ran over to Lambie and told him the player was concussed and didn't know who he was . ''Tell him he's f***ing Pele and get him back on ! '' shouted Lambie .

The late Ron Atkinson ( of various clubs ) once remarked after a defeat : '' I make a habit of not criticising referees and I'm not going to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat !''

Loved the story told by Bobby Lennox ( I think ) about Jock Stein ,
After a particularly bad first half , Stein was going round the dressing room blasting everyone of the players in turn .
Bobby wasn't playing that day so sat in the corner keeping his head down thankful that he was not on the raging Stein's hit list . Suddenly he sees Stein's feet stop next to him and looks up .
''And as for you '' says Big Jock '' how bad are you that you canny even get a game ! ''

I love the story wee Bertie tells.

They were in the tunnel ready to take the field and John Grieg shouts to Bertie

What Bonus you on the day wee man?

Bertie replied £3

We are on £6

Aye said Bertie, but we’re fucking guaranteed £3.

KERPOW!!! :)

How do you like them apples John?

Absolute belter the bold Bertie.

Members online

No members online now.

Back