Fury V Wilder...The Finale (hopefully)

I think sport needs big characters and big tyson is definitely one of them.the promoters of boxing fights have to build it big style but guys like tyson fury and his name sake Mike tyson don't have to try to hard on that front good idea lubo setting the alarm might try that one next.

I think sport needs big characters and big tyson is definitely one of them.the promoters of boxing fights have to build it big style but guys like tyson fury and his name sake Mike tyson don't have to try to hard on that front good idea lubo setting the alarm might try that one next.
Got to agree Jinky. Although I feel it's true to say the truly great fighters I was privileged to watch during the Ali era, too many to mention here, is something we may well never see again, I think we have to say also we've witnessed something of a force of nature in the form of Fury.
Great respect for both of last night's fighters. Warriors both.

Some great fighters frank in all divisions my favourite has to be sugar ray lenord his fights with reberto durant were amazing I'll have to watch them again our generation have been lucky having witnessed the greats I'm sure that thier will be more to come but I'm glad to have been around when to see lenord fight.

Some great fighters frank in all divisions my favourite has to be sugar ray lenord his fights with reberto durant were amazing I'll have to watch them again our generation have been lucky having witnessed the greats I'm sure that thier will be more to come but I'm glad to have been around when to see lenord fight.
They tell me Ringo had a ferocious left hook Lennono ! People who know better than I do reckon Sugar Ray was pound for pound the best of all time. Ali was my number one though . That era was something of an epoch in so many ways. The music, the change in social attitudes, Dylan with his inspiring lyrics. A truly special time to be young and aware. What the hell happened? Bob was wrong, the times didn't change.
That was meant to be a reply to Lennono. Senior moment ?????

Fury proving again hes levels above Wilder who in my opinion was not a great Champion.His antics at the end showed how much of a fanny he is and as Fury said an idiot ,a sore loser .I hope he fights Usyk next who more than matches him with boxing skills.Think Furys size might be the difference though.

Hope I don't piss off the younger Noisers Jinky, but even on our local turf here in Caledonia, at both pro and amateur level we had great boxers who also had the personality to match their fighting skills. Chic Calderwood, Dick Mc Taggart, Cowboy Mc Cormack. That's before we mention the blokes who went on to be world champions at their weight. And, of course, even before our time, Benny Lynch. Could go on for an eternity I suppose. Wonderfull memories.

Last edited:
Glasgow and belfast have had thier fair share of great boxers rinty monaghan was at the very top a real people's champion I think thiers a statue to him at belfast city hall also some cracking women boxers a young girl from poleglass called Walsh was robbed in her fight in the Olympics against the wee english boxer best a few years back as was micheal conlon I'm not being biased here if anyone was to watch both fights they'd say the same.frank both city's have been blessed with great boxing talent

Fury proving again hes levels above Wilder who in my opinion was not a great Champion.His antics at the end showed how much of a fanny he is and as Fury said an idiot ,a sore loser .I hope he fights Usyk next who more than matches him with boxing skills.Think Furys size might be the difference though.
A good big un always beats a good little un

Wilder thought before the first fight he was taking on a blow up doll
Even fury at 50% beat him despite the judges decision
The last two fights he’s taken his soul 🤣
I was thinking great credit to wilder for the heart he showed but a guy that’s came up with more excuses than the head of refereeing in this country
He has a heart but nae class at all
Wouldnae kind his bird or his bank balance though

Glasgow and belfast have had thier fair share of great boxers rinty monaghan was at the very top a real people's champion I think thiers a statue to him at belfast city hall also some cracking women boxers a young girl from poleglass called Walsh was robbed in her fight in the Olympics against the wee english boxer best a few years back as was micheal conlon I'm not being biased here if anyone was to watch both fights they'd say the same.frank both city's have been blessed with great boxing talent
Always liked Wayne McCullough Jinky , he grew up in the Shankhill but fought for Ireland at the 92 Olympics were he carried the Irish flag .That man was hard as nails and went the distance with a prime Morales and Naseem.

Always liked Wayne McCullough Jinky , he grew up in the Shankhill but fought for Ireland at the 92 Olympics were he carried the Irish flag .That man was hard as nails and went the distance with a prime Morales and Naseem.
Not forgetting Scott Harrison too
He was a beast before he lost the plot just as his career took off

A good big un always beats a good little un

Wilder thought before the first fight he was taking on a blow up doll
Even fury at 50% beat him despite the judges decision
The last two fights he’s taken his soul 🤣
I was thinking great credit to wilder for the heart he showed but a guy that’s came up with more excuses than the head of refereeing in this country
He has a heart but nae class at all
Wouldnae kind his bird or his bank balance though
He can hit but wobbles when he gets that chin tapped .Watched a video of him gettin sparkled in the amatuers a while back.Big Furys got his number but he ll be awryt with all the millions hes made.

He can hit but wobbles when he gets that chin tapped .Watched a video of him gettin sparkled in the amatuers a while back.Big Furys got his number but he ll be awryt with all the millions hes made.
Most guy that fight fury will find him too much
Wilder is 6ft 7 and 260 lbs but he was rag dolled. Plus fury moves like a cruiserweight
As much as I like and rate usyk I just think it’s a step too far. Joshua never really had a go at him for some reason.

So he was a great boxer thiers one thing about boxing in the north of ireland the respect between the club's has always been excellent thier was never any bad feeling just the way it should be tony .

So he was a great boxer thiers one thing about boxing in the north of ireland the respect between the club's has always been excellent thier was never any bad feeling just the way it should be tony .
How was/is Barry Mcguigan over there Jinky...Is he respected ...I don't really know the guy...but comes across as someone who knows what their talkin about....

Members online

No members online now.

Back