Future

Ally

What is the future of Celtic? Is it down the road Dof? If so does supplie the players for the manager? Or does the manager pick his own players.? I ask because in Europe Dof pick the players to sign and the coach gets on with it. Not what I would call progressing. Imagine Jock Stein being dictated to that.? No not me also. Thoughts Bhoys and Ghirls on this thread please.

I’ve always been against DoF.. I like an old fashioned manager that does it all. We have never needed one before.. so why now?

I agree with this. It runs contrary to what we do here the U.S. in baseball and hand-egg, where General Managers pick the players and the managers and coaches, well, manage and coach. Some GMs do it well, others don't, and generally managers on the field know better than they guy in the ivory tower.

I am more worried about wether the club is about to take 3 steps back like they usually try to do Rodgers appointment gave the club a great lift same as O'Niel's did but then after O'Neil we spent years cost cutting instead of investing
Good points DMac. Surely Lawwell will get this right, because if he doesn't his position is untenable without doubt. HH DMac☘️

I think that as long as the Director of Football does his or her best to implement the manager's decisions, then it's a good idea. I imagine the difficulty is in finding someone with the experience necessary to carry out the job without also having an ego the size of the North Stand getting in the way. For the record, I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if we don't enter into a period of downscaling now. If we win the Tr3ble in a bit of style, Lennon will get job immediately. If not, we'll spend just long enough pretending to consider other options to undermine our CL qualification before giving Lennon the job.

I think that as long as the Director of Football does his or her best to implement the manager's decisions, then it's a good idea. I imagine the difficulty is in finding someone with the experience necessary to carry out the job without also having an ego the size of the North Stand getting in the way. For the record, I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if we don't enter into a period of downscaling now. If we win the Tr3ble in a bit of style, Lennon will get job immediately. If not, we'll spend just long enough pretending to consider other options to undermine our CL qualification before giving Lennon the job.
I still think DoF is not a good idea. Jock Brown any one.?

Works for majority of foreign sides, now also some top English sides. One man cannot do everything. We just need to ensure we get the right team off the park to take us forward. We are being left behind struggle to make the top 50 in Europe so big steps are needed

Members online

Latest posts

Back