Gallagher at 80 – The wait was over. Celtic were the Champions

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member

Gallagher at 80 – The wait was over. Celtic were the Champions...​

This is Part 8 of a wonderful series by Matt Corr over on The Celtic Star - this kind of content must have the click-baiters scratching their heads wondering what the hell we're up to! Some great video footage in there too that's well worth watching.

I published Charlie's book, which was written by David Potter, a few years ago and got to know him and his wife Mary. Just brilliant people, and both Celtic through and through.

Invoked some great memories,you don't realise at the time your witnessing history being made,it's only later, when you look back in wonder at what you experienced,brilliant from Matt (again!) and kudos mon Capitain,oh, and thanks for rekindling the memory of the wee bhoy! walking round the pitch playing keepy up!

Brings back great memories Michael, sitting despondent in the kitchen with my Dad and older brother listening to the Tranny as the Huns go one up then going crazy as the Tic run riot and win 1-5. What a start of the New Year. I was also at the Kiev game and watched the magic of George Connolly. We knocked Kiev out but they got revenge by doing the same to us in 67. The first Champions not to get a bye in the European cup and Kiev done us.HH🍀🇮🇪

Invoked some great memories,you don't realise at the time your witnessing history being made,it's only later, when you look back in wonder at what you experienced,brilliant from Matt (again!) and kudos mon Capitain,oh, and thanks for rekindling the memory of the wee bhoy! walking round the pitch playing keepy up!
That’s a great point you make about witnessing history but only truly appreciating it much later, Michael. I feel that way about Seville now and I’m certain these last few seasons will provoke the same reaction in years to come.

Brings back great memories Michael, sitting despondent in the kitchen with my Dad and older brother listening to the Tranny as the Huns go one up then going crazy as the Tic run riot and win 1-5. What a start of the New Year. I was also at the Kiev game and watched the magic of George Connolly. We knocked Kiev out but they got revenge by doing the same to us in 67. The first Champions not to get a bye in the European cup and Kiev done us.HH🍀🇮🇪
Fabulous memories to be cherished and shared, Saul. Cheers.

That’s a great point you make about witnessing history but only truly appreciating it much later, Michael. I feel that way about Seville now and I’m certain these last few seasons will provoke the same reaction in years to come.
Invincible treble winning season
double treble season
treble treble winning season
possible quadruple winning season, Boola_vogue, unbelievable achievement,but we'll be gutted if we don't win the league this season,strange times!

Back