"Yet another Lennon thread but does the buck stop with him?"
"Neil Lennon"
"Mindless optimism"
"Where are we in the Football Cycle?"
"Quick fix required..."
"Scared"
"Neil Lennon(again)"

Im going to add to the list here...

If it wasnt for the green font and correct use of Celtic terminology, i would have thought i had stumbled onto Fallow Fallow or Hun media after we had just lost our 9th title in a row...The narrative on here now is negative and poisonous ...
Yes it wasnt great, yes the players looked fazed and devoid of ideas etc etc etc however,

The league is only beginning
Our team was patched together hours before kick off with debutants , players playing their 5th game in 2 weeks,and a line up that had never started before,
6 regular starters were missing,
Our opponents were at full strength,
They have played as this formation and team for almost a year,
They are playing without the baying pressure of their support
Their support are fully behind them
We have a target on our backs
I could go on...

IMO, We need to play a more settled unit and formation and go back to the game plan that has won us the last 11 domestic trophies out of 11
We need to positively get behind our team and not slaughter them at every opportunity and blip
There are going to be many ups and downs this season and the last thing we as fans can do is show weakness and give the hun "stop the 10" PR machine any more ammunition than they already have

Get behind the bhoys and each other as we are stronger together

These are OPINIONS of fans who were , rightly , let down badly by the team and the management . You can't dismiss them by claiming we ought to get behind the team - show me one on here who is not behind the team !
We all want the team to win , especially this year of all years .

Like some in the media you were selective in those comments you quoted - most I read were actually constructive but gave vent to their lack of confidence in the management that , despite previous failings against Sevco , we were still being out thought tactically - and that is not down to the loss of key players .
We have all experienced games against theRangers/Sevco when we have had poorer players yet made up for it with grit and fighting qualities . That display on Saturday was gut-wrenchingly poor - but we don't become 'huns' because we criticise it !

What concerns/worries many on here is the fact that the management do not appear to have learned any lessons from recent encounters with Slippy G's team , who always adopt the same tactics against us . That is worrying !

We can't just dismiss Saturday's defeat and say ''Well there is most of the League to go '' or '' We came back strongly last year '' .
Some appear to forget that , yes we had a great run , but Sevco also imploded last year after New Year . Is anyone really convinced that the same scenario will happen again ?

I will always support the team - but not blindly .

HH

Last edited:
You'll be back on here in 6 months time worrying how we got to where we are.

The reactions are not because we lost they are because we did not turn up at all, just like earlier games this season where we "got away with it".

We have reacted as we have because we do support the team.

The time to act is NOW. Lennon should be gone, but he won't be. Let's hope he suddenly finds the tactical part of his brain.

Ok, how's this.....

Now the dust has settled I have to admit the blue side of the city are lookin the real deal right now and a shift in power could come sooner than we thought.

They scored 2 good goals on Saturday they’ve got a brilliant manager, top scorers in the league and could definitely win the league this season.

Well done Everton 👏🏼

You'll be back on here in 6 months time worrying how we got to where we are.

The reactions are not because we lost they are because we did not turn up at all, just like earlier games this season where we "got away with it".

We have reacted as we have because we do support the team.

The time to act is NOW. Lennon should be gone, but he won't be. Let's hope he suddenly finds the tactical part of his brain.

Get yer negative pish off ma thread 👍
These are OPINIONS of fans who were , rightly , let down badly by the team and the management . You can't dismiss them by claiming we ought to get behind the team - show me one on here who is not behind the team !
We all the team to win , especially this year of all years .

Like some in the media you were selective in those comments you quoted - most I read were actually constructive but gave vent to their lack of confidence in the management that , despite previous failings against Sevco , we were still being out thought tactically - and that is not down to the loss of key players .
We have all experienced games against theRangers/Sevco when we have had poorer players yet made up for it with grit and fighting qualities . That display on Saturday was gut-wrenchingly poor - but we don't become 'huns' because we criticise it !

What concerns/worries many on here is the fact that the management do not appear to have learned any lessons from recent encounters with Slippy G's team , who always adopt the same tactics against us . That is worrying !

We can't just dismiss Saturday's defeat it and say ''Well there is most of the League to go '' or '' We came back strongly last year '' .
Some appear to forget that , yes we had a great run , but Sevco also imploded last year after New Year . Is anyone really convinced that the same scenario will happen again ?

I will always support the team - but not blindly .

HH

The quotes I posted were all thread titles started since Saturday......post on one of them .......this is purely for positive postings only 👍

Hi Docco I was thoroughly pissed off at that performance on Sat/Sun/Wed and Thursday. That’s 10 League games so far and apart from the Hobs Game we’ve been bluntly, PISH. And most if not all European games same. No flow to the games no Tactics. And sadly no fight grit or determination Love Celtic it’s close between them and ma Kids( kids always)
I don’t care if we get beat as long as we fight to the last poor players with effort got ma support back in the Hun EBT days the lost but by fuck you knew you were in a game. That wasn’t the case on Saturday and imo this whole season so far just glad there’s nothing special happening this year.
the Six players that were missing only Eddy and Julienne and Corpus were certain picks. No Excuses we were Rank Rotten. To Quote a phrase that should be Tattooed on the players Heids.
We’re out here for You so ffs be in there for us. Even 3 days later still pissed at the lack of fight in that Dressing room.
The Real Question is How the Donald Duck do we fix it. I’ve posed the change of Manager with Eddie Howe out of work and Available till the first PL manager is sacked.
but we all know NFL was the cheap option
One I supported whole heartedly. But we’ve gone backwards from the Team that returned from Dubai. I can’t see a fix
So over to the Noise Mibbies Peter Lawwell
Is watching 👀👀
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀

Ok, how's this.....

Now the dust has settled I have to admit the blue side of the city are lookin the real deal right now and a shift in power could come sooner than we thought.

They scored 2 good goals on Saturday they’ve got a brilliant manager, top scorers in the league and could definitely win the league this season.

Well done Everton 👏🏼
You were about to get the 💩
Ah fuck it 💩💩

HH 😂

Get yer negative pish off ma thread 👍

The quotes I posted were all thread titles started since Saturday......post on one of them .......this is purely for positive postings only 👍

It's not your thread pal.

Secondly, it ain't for you to decide what other people say - either positive or negative.

I know you are upset. We all are. However, pretending all is well isn't gonna help.

Hey Docco....just a thought....if we get beat by Milan, then also Aberdeen....Will you still be 100% Neil Lennon.....Personally I would say its in the balance just now whether he stays or go....But....how far do we give him ......This is one of the biggest seasons...in Celtics History....we cannot afford many more defeats......I'm not expecting us to do anything against Milan, esp after watching that pish on Saturday....If we don't play well and beat Aberdeen....then....I think we have to make changes in the management...

Most on here believe we can still win it if Lenny gets it sorted, that doesn't dismiss the absolute hammering Both the manager and players are getting. Its justified because they have been utter pish. The onus is not on us to stop criticising, it is Lenny and the team not embarrassing the hoops. That was the worst, most timid performance I have ever seen. Everyone, well apart from Lenny obviously, knew that going with Ntcham and Broony, sent out a message of we are going to try to contain you, rather than play the guys who can take the fight to them. Not one shot on target, midfied fucking nowhere, resulting in our back three having to punt high balls up the park that seldom found our players. No one can get away with that selection and tactical ballsup.

He needs to change it and when he does there isn't a player who could argue they should be in the team apart from Frimpong and Diego from the starting line up. The ball is in Lenny's court, if we start accepting that utter cowardice then we are truly fucked. Celtic need to know that performance, indeed all of them this year, with perhaps the game against Hibs the only exception isn't anywhere near god enough. .

Get it right, we still win the league, but, if he can't, then questions need to be asked. I look forward to Milan, not for a result, more to how he responds. Even playing our best it would be a big ask, but play like we have been, with three quarters of the team dialing it in and we will be slaughtered. Even though we have been woeful since the return, we are still only1 point behind if we win our game in hand, but that wont remain the case if we don't snap out of this doldrum and fast. The manager and players should be embarrassed by the way they have gone about the 10, because we fucking are, and saying it isn't being disloyal, its showing we care and wont accept anyone fucking it up because they cant get motivated or can see their formation and tactics are not working.

"Blind faith in our manager"
"Just so feckin angry"
"Lennon is the only threat to 10IAR"
"Paid my money..... and I want to boo that performance today"
"Yet another Lennon thread but does the buck stop with him?"
"Neil Lennon"
"Mindless optimism"
"Where are we in the Football Cycle?"
"Quick fix required..."
"Scared"
"Neil Lennon(again)"

Im going to add to the list here...

If it wasnt for the green font and correct use of Celtic terminology, i would have thought i had stumbled onto Fallow Fallow or Hun media after we had just lost our 9th title in a row...The narrative on here now is negative and poisonous ...
Yes it wasnt great, yes the players looked fazed and devoid of ideas etc etc etc however,

The league is only beginning
Our team was patched together hours before kick off with debutants , players playing their 5th game in 2 weeks,and a line up that had never started before,
6 regular starters were missing,
Our opponents were at full strength,
They have played as this formation and team for almost a year,
They are playing without the baying pressure of their support
Their support are fully behind them
We have a target on our backs
I could go on...

IMO, We need to play a more settled unit and formation and go back to the game plan that has won us the last 11 domestic trophies out of 11
We need to positively get behind our team and not slaughter them at every opportunity and blip
There are going to be many ups and downs this season and the last thing we as fans can do is show weakness and give the hun "stop the 10" PR machine any more ammunition than they already have

Get behind the bhoys and each other as we are stronger together
I think we are all behind the team and recognise that wasnt our normal side , we cannot legislate for covid but we can for a bit of fight from those who get a game. I still think we'll win the title and that they will be missing players soon enough. We have to take advantage when the opportunity provides itself. And im sure we will , I cant slate fans for slating the non-performance as they have every right to, all we can do is stick together for we all knew before this season started it would be the toughest to win . We are far from out of it though

What hurts the most, for me, is I seen this coming a mile away. The warning signs have been there since we got dumped out the CL, maybe even before, but last week, in the build up to the game, I allowed myself to feel confident for this one. I genuinely felt this would be the turning point this season. The game that would spark us back to life. But what do we do? Serve up the same shite we've witnessed all season. I fooled myself into thinking we could beat the huns even with our poor performances that came before hand, I will not be fooled again. I need to see solid evidence on the park before I start believing in us again this season. That seems fair to me. Show the relentless, killer Celtic form that has got us to 9iar. Get back to our best, then and only then will I feel confident about us doing the 10.

Right now though, I struggle to see us improve under Lennon.

Members online

No members online now.

Back