Get a grip Celtic noise - Lets be positive

Hi one and all, I have been a member for a while now and this is my first post.
I am 65 years young, come from the Garngad and have been watching Celtic since I can remember. I cried when Paddy Crerand left, the same when King Kenny left. In that time I've watched Great Celtic teams, rotten Celtic teams and some really poor teams. But over the years we start every season with high hopes that this one one will be better than the last one. Over the last few years apart from performances in Europe it would be difficult to improve on previous seasons. To keep improving we have to bring in better quality players or bring thru young players from within. This season this has not been the case, the tie against Ferencvaros showed that we are weaker than previous years. In the domestic games so far apart from against Hibernian we have been very poor with very little shots on target never mind goals. It's very easy to target Lenny but I worry about those around him? John Kennedy is a work in progress, Strachan I honestly don't know what he contributes on a match day apart from during substitutions. I feel Damien Duff was a big big loss both to Lenny and a lot of the young players with his game management skills and experience of playing in big games both home and abroad.
Lenny looks like a lost soul in the dugout with no one to put an arm round him and advise him when things go wrong. The man needs help and the backing of the support and before you say it Iam not a Lennon fan and never have been. But as a support we have to back the team, not in Europe as we are a long way off the group stages. As a team we need a general in midfield, someone who can control the pace of the game but more importantly can pass the ball forward to the strikers who without the benefit of a touch get a shot on goal. Broonie is the sergeant you want next to you in the trenches but not someone who guides you through when teams park the bus, for that we need a bit of guile and hopefully a Spanish or Italian accent around the thirty mark who can get us through this momentous season and the next one as well when we will have to rebuild as Broony will be joining the coaching staff and hopefully a future manager.
So lads get behind the team and the manager and 10in a row will be a realistic target?
Our team needs us more than ever, Its not a time for panic but a time for everyone to get together both on the pitch and off it. Hail Hail.
Welcome Jazz. Some excellent points there that I think most will agree with. There has been a lot of frustration this season and it has turned to anger for some as we appear not to have learnt a thing. We need to turn things around very very quickly as we are now in a crazy period of 2 critical games a week so we need our players and management team to start showing their skill and some pride in pulling on the Hoops.

I hope it doesn't come to that, but, if results and being 8nable to motivate the team, still picking players who aren't producing, the only player in the frame for me would be wee Strachan. To bring in someone who doesn't know the club or what this really means would be a disaster, unless it was one of the really top managers, and theres more chance of me starting on Thursday than that happening, so, Strachan for me would be the only choice. As I said though, I want Lennon to lead us to the 10,and still think we will, but, no one is more important than achieving it. No one.
Sometimes, just sometimes i agree with you 🤣

for that we need a bit of guile and hopefully a Spanish or Italian accent around the thirty mark
First of all, welcome Jazz.

Second. Why a Spanish or Italian accent? We have a good enough player who can speak pure ned if he wants in McGregor. An Australian who can speak Australian. These players are more than capable of exceptional creativity in the forward areas if managed and utilised better.

Third. You're only 3 more posts away from gaining the 'Hun' or 'You're a dirty orange bastard' award 😄

Maybe Callum has the answer..

HH.
Not having it. McGregor and Broonie were nowhere near the level needed. Only pass marks were for Laxalt and allowing for 1 error Ajer. He intercepted a couple of certanties for them. I respect McGregor but he wasn't at the races and neither was Broonie.

I am 65 years young, come from the Garngad and have been watching Celtic since I can remember. I cried when Paddy Crerand left, the same when King Kenny left. In that time I've watched Great Celtic teams, rotten Celtic teams and some really poor teams. But over the years we start every season with high hopes that this one one will be better than the last one. Over the last few years apart from performances in Europe it would be difficult to improve on previous seasons. To keep improving we have to bring in better quality players or bring thru young players from within. This season this has not been the case, the tie against Ferencvaros showed that we are weaker than previous years. In the domestic games so far apart from against Hibernian we have been very poor with very little shots on target never mind goals. It's very easy to target Lenny but I worry about those around him? John Kennedy is a work in progress, Strachan I honestly don't know what he contributes on a match day apart from during substitutions. I feel Damien Duff was a big big loss both to Lenny and a lot of the young players with his game management skills and experience of playing in big games both home and abroad.
Lenny looks like a lost soul in the dugout with no one to put an arm round him and advise him when things go wrong. The man needs help and the backing of the support and before you say it Iam not a Lennon fan and never have been. But as a support we have to back the team, not in Europe as we are a long way off the group stages. As a team we need a general in midfield, someone who can control the pace of the game but more importantly can pass the ball forward to the strikers who without the benefit of a touch get a shot on goal. Broonie is the sergeant you want next to you in the trenches but not someone who guides you through when teams park the bus, for that we need a bit of guile and hopefully a Spanish or Italian accent around the thirty mark who can get us through this momentous season and the next one as well when we will have to rebuild as Broony will be joining the coaching staff and hopefully a future manager.
So lads get behind the team and the manager and 10in a row will be a realistic target?
Our team needs us more than ever, Its not a time for panic but a time for everyone to get together both on the pitch and off it. Hail Hail.
Hi Jazz67 welcome to the madness of the noise great first post agree with it totally.
Again welcome 👏👏

HH 🍀

Not having it. McGregor and Broonie were nowhere near the level needed. Only pass marks were for Laxalt and allowing for 1 error Ajer. He intercepted a couple of certanties for them. I respect McGregor but he wasn't at the races and neither was Broonie.
Rewatch the 1st 15 minutes, Steviebhoy. We never started that bad. McGregor looked up for it, as did most of the team. Things fell flat after their goal. You have to ask why? To me it feels like the players are playing with shackles on. Lennons tactics are making it hard for them to play at their best, I think.

Superb post pal👍

Welcome tae 'the noise' Jazz67 fae another auldie! Hail Hail, great first post by the way!
🍺 🥳

👏👏👏welcome jazz to the noise HH

😉 Wasn't it Voltaire (Francois-Marie Arouet) who opined to his students in 1755 that:

"thinking positive is only constructive after studying the negatives"

so ......"Common sense isn't very common"

however, I don't agree with a single comment posted on here, but will defend with my life your right to send them.......ahem!

😂 😂😂.....

😉

😉 Wasn't it Voltaire (Francois-Marie Arouet) who opined to his students in 1755 that:

"thinking positive is only constructive after studying the negatives"

so ......"Common sense isn't very common"

however, I don't agree with a single comment posted on here, but will defend with my life your right to send them.......ahem!

😂 😂😂.....

😉
I drink,therefore i am!

......an Italian accent you say.... 😉

Back