Get a grip Celtic noise - Lets be positive

Hi one and all, I have been a member for a while now and this is my first post.
I am 65 years young, come from the Garngad and have been watching Celtic since I can remember. I cried when Paddy Crerand left, the same when King Kenny left. In that time I've watched Great Celtic teams, rotten Celtic teams and some really poor teams. But over the years we start every season with high hopes that this one one will be better than the last one. Over the last few years apart from performances in Europe it would be difficult to improve on previous seasons. To keep improving we have to bring in better quality players or bring thru young players from within. This season this has not been the case, the tie against Ferencvaros showed that we are weaker than previous years. In the domestic games so far apart from against Hibernian we have been very poor with very little shots on target never mind goals. It's very easy to target Lenny but I worry about those around him? John Kennedy is a work in progress, Strachan I honestly don't know what he contributes on a match day apart from during substitutions. I feel Damien Duff was a big big loss both to Lenny and a lot of the young players with his game management skills and experience of playing in big games both home and abroad.
Lenny looks like a lost soul in the dugout with no one to put an arm round him and advise him when things go wrong. The man needs help and the backing of the support and before you say it Iam not a Lennon fan and never have been. But as a support we have to back the team, not in Europe as we are a long way off the group stages. As a team we need a general in midfield, someone who can control the pace of the game but more importantly can pass the ball forward to the strikers who without the benefit of a touch get a shot on goal. Broonie is the sergeant you want next to you in the trenches but not someone who guides you through when teams park the bus, for that we need a bit of guile and hopefully a Spanish or Italian accent around the thirty mark who can get us through this momentous season and the next one as well when we will have to rebuild as Broony will be joining the coaching staff and hopefully a future manager.
So lads get behind the team and the manager and 10in a row will be a realistic target?
Our team needs us more than ever, Its not a time for panic but a time for everyone to get together both on the pitch and off it. Hail Hail.
......or make Broony the player manager........nearly 14 years of Celtic love.........what does he not know about every single one of his boys can and can't do's?

...hold that though for a few seconds...........Yep, I think he will get us the ten.... :p

What's a wrong with the accent Italiano?🍕🍷🍺
Nothing wrong Bud...or should I say Stella......

but having an Italian mum, and half my life spent goin' back and forward to the place I think that qualifies me for Jazz67's plea for an Italian....good looking...fully fluent in the mother tongue, excellent command of English both speaking and writing.....reasonable at Spanish, very good French competent German....oh and no a bad player at the walking football......... bit of a downside being born in Scotland though, but living in Dundee helps that up a bit...... :LOL: :LOL::LOL:

"Oh ma sides" ...as Navid would say...
...and another thing I can shout orders from our captain and translate to any other player he wants me to .......even the naughty words............

P.S.
sorry Michael, none of the languages above have a direct translation for 'bampot'... if Broony asks me to.... and.................... only if Lenny picks me you understand 😁😁😁

Last edited:
Nothing wrong Bud...or should I say Stella......

but having an Italian mum, and half my life spent goin' back and forward to the place I think that qualifies me for Jazz67's plea for an Italian....good looking...fully fluent in the mother tongue, excellent command of English both speaking and writing.....reasonable at Spanish, very good French competent German....oh and no a bad player at the walking football......... bit of a downside being born in Scotland though, but living in Dundee helps that up a bit...... :LOL: :LOL::LOL:

"Oh ma sides" ...as Navid would say...
...and another thing I can shout orders from our captain and translate to any other player he wants me to .......even the naughty words............

P.S.
sorry Michael, none of the above languages above have a direct translation for 'bampot'... if Broony asks me to.... and.................... only if Lenny picks me you understand 😁😁😁
Ah'm only fluent in two, the engerlish language and bad language!
And they dress well tgjc! 🍺 🥳

I only got up for a pee and ended up on this.....
Lucky man tgjc 🍺 🥳
I definitely am mate ......forgot to add above .....got the Italian charm with 'ra Scots lassies'

'course it helps when you throw in the Italian accent ....not necessarily Roman neither...Tuscany is the best...land where man was born

.....but the one that got away was the wee lass from Anniesland while working in Halfords on Renfield St in '94....one night in my digs in Renfrew st was enough for her........her dad wouldn't let us in her house.......WHAT A FARGIN BEAUTY!

THE PERFECT 11 she was ...................and that was out of 5!

..think we might have made it if I took her back to my house in Dundee for the night...

...off to bed now.......dreaming of ......what I had ...and lost..

Wish Celtic had the luck I have .....just half would be plenty....... 😂

I only got up for a pee and ended up on this.....

I definitely am mate ......forgot to add above .....got the Italian charm with 'ra Scots lassies'

'course it helps when you throw in the Italian accent ....not necessarily Roman neither...Tuscany is the best...land where man was born

.....but the one that got away was the wee lass from Anniesland while working in Halfords on Renfield St in '94....one night in my digs in Renfrew st was enough for her........her dad wouldn't let us in her house.......WHAT A FARGIN BEAUTY!

THE PERFECT 11 she was ...................and that was out of 5!

..think we might have made it if I took her back to my house in Dundee for the night...

...off to bed now.......dreaming of ......what I had ...and lost..

Wish Celtic had the luck I have .....just half would be plenty....... 😂
Aw ra best tgjc! 🍺 🥳

😉 Wasn't it Voltaire (Francois-Marie Arouet) who opined to his students in 1755 that:

"thinking positive is only constructive after studying the negatives"

so ......"Common sense isn't very common"

however, I don't agree with a single comment posted on here, but will defend with my life your right to send them.......ahem!

😂 😂😂.....

😉

What hurts the most, for me, is I seen this coming a mile away. The warning signs have been there since we got dumped out the CL, maybe even before, but last week, in the build up to the game, I allowed myself to feel confident for this one. I genuinely felt this would be the turning point this season. The game that would spark us back to life. But what do we do? Serve up the same shite we've witnessed all season. I fooled myself into thinking we could beat the huns even with our poor performances that came before hand, I will not be fooled again. I need to see solid evidence on the park before I start believing in us again this season. That seems fair to me. Show the relentless, killer Celtic form that has got us to 9iar. Get back to our best, then and only then will I feel confident about us doing the 10.

Right now though, I struggle to see us improve under Lennon.
Once our players are back on certain we'll see a marked improvement

Once our players are back on certain we'll see a marked improvement
Sorry winter with respect and I do have respect for you but you seem to be handling this issue around team preformances like a politician, and a very good one at that.
It is not good enough to speculate on the further when when the present is a shambles and the signs have been of getting worse not better.
Do you really think that getting players back is going to make that huge of a difference as we have seen very little of it before Saturday. Again masking over the real problems that are there in the here and now.
Trying to look at a brighter future is just another political statement of no idea what to do about the current mess so just hope it sorts itself out before reelection.
This looking at the failings of the opposition is another brilliant political trick of saying we are not as bad as them with a better track record of lasting the pace in a campaign. The truth is we should have no interest in what they do as regarding there results, have a good laugh at there failings albeit, but never for depending on oppersition failings for our own self gain.
Let's face the facts we have been appalling in general so far this season, against our main oppersition who are bang average at best.
There are serious problems that need sorting out now and many good members on the noise have voiced there concurns and anger and even potential solutions to the problems, of course none of us have the power to make them but we are demanding change to the shit that has been going on so far this season and of present.
Now as fans our main concern is what we see going on before our eyes and for most it is totally unacceptable especially in a season that means so much. I personally would give lenny till Sunday afternoon at latest to see if that change appears out on the pitch even though I have lost all confidence in the man at the moment.
Mind you winter if you were a politician you would get my vote
HH

Sorry winter with respect and I do have respect for you but you seem to be handling this issue around team preformances like a politician, and a very good one at that.
It is not good enough to speculate on the further when when the present is a shambles and the signs have been of getting worse not better.
Do you really think that getting players back is going to make that huge of a difference as we have seen very little of it before Saturday. Again masking over the real problems that are there in the here and now.
Trying to look at a brighter future is just another political statement of no idea what to do about the current mess so just hope it sorts itself out before reelection.
This looking at the failings of the opposition is another brilliant political trick of saying we are not as bad as them with a better track record of lasting the pace in a campaign. The truth is we should have no interest in what they do as regarding there results, have a good laugh at there failings albeit, but never for depending on oppersition failings for our own self gain.
Let's face the facts we have been appalling in general so far this season, against our main oppersition who are bang average at best.
There are serious problems that need sorting out now and many good members on the noise have voiced there concurns and anger and even potential solutions to the problems, of course none of us have the power to make them but we are demanding change to the shit that has been going on so far this season and of present.
Now as fans our main concern is what we see going on before our eyes and for most it is totally unacceptable especially in a season that means so much. I personally would give lenny till Sunday afternoon at latest to see if that change appears out on the pitch even though I have lost all confidence in the man at the moment.
Mind you winter if you were a politician you would get my vote
HH
Great post 👏👏👏.

We have been poor for most of the season. Very few players are on form. We all expect (and pray to God) that it will improve, but will it? It certainly needs to happen soon.

100% correct....they are not machines and the majority are serial winners....winners being the operative word
Nearly all have been available to date this season, hiding behind 1 game is a cop out of facing up to the problems that have existed before the shitshow on Saturday. If we are to be believe that players been unavailable for last Saturday then we have bigger problems than we think as it shows that the players we have in reserve are no where good enough for us, for i will still class that as bullshit,

I hope Lenny Lenny doesn't set us up "not to get beat". Bet your bottom dollar he will stick with his usual bizarre line up. I truly hope I'm wrong and he puts a side out that plays to our strengths and adopts a 4-4-2.
I couldn't care less what formation he goes for Steviebhoy67 and not overly concerned about the result, for me it is all about the preformance. I think I said it before as I did hear it in the past if you get the preformance right the results will look after themselves. I think lenny might have been the only one looking at things that way until last Saturday now it's all about a response

Members online

Latest posts

Back