Getting ahead of ourselves as usual

Winter

Lots of 'talk ' that Howe has verbally agreed to take the job , verbally being the the most important part of that sentence. My worry is that today I'm reading that he wants to work with Richard Hughes , meaning Celtic would have to put Harkin on the back burner.

Celtic face delays over Howe appointment due to Man City official via @OneFootball.

This causes me alarm , the type of alarm that you dread hearing first thing In the morning and keep meaning to change. If what's written in this piece is accurate then there will be delays and we cant really afford delays not long ones at least. It brings into question the importance of a DOF v a manager , we badly need both of quality . I'm concerned because the media ( fan media) that I'm reading are already putting out pieces that imply Howe is already the next manager. Obviously we have to wait and see if that's true. It brings to mind the terrible judgement of the ivan Toney amongst other deals. We wait we wait and we dont get our man. I'm not trying to rain on the parade but I do think we should be much more careful about this deal as it's one of many crucially important ones. I'm starting to cringe reading which players Howe could bring in when Howe himself hasnt yet been brought in. I'm all for Howe as manager I just think that we could do with reigning it in a bit as we are definitely getting ahead of ourselves and if Howe turns out not to be the manager there will be more than a few red faces around CP and within fans media. We aren't the most patient of supporters but in this case we are going to just have to be HH

I don't think Eddie Howe, if he is to become manager, wanting Richard Hughes necessarily means that our search for a Sporting Director would be put on hold.
I suppose it depends on what Celtic want from a Sporting Director. If its just someone to oversee recruitment, a glorified Nick Hammond if you like, then Hughes coming in to work with Howe would make sense. If, however, we are looking at a Sporting Director to oversee the whole football operation, first team, player development, recruitment, youth, sport science, analytics etc, then we would need a Head of Recruitment working under the SD in that set up. That would tie in with some of the stories that we want a SD (Harkin) and a Hammond replacement (Hughes). The rebuild of the club is vast and it would make sense that an experienced manager and his recruitment guy come in and work with a SD, allowing him to concentrate on the vast array of tasks that he faces.
Reading an article by Hughes regarding what he did for Howe at Bournemouth, it did seem he worked almost exclusively on recruitment. He was like that old fashioned Chief Scout, more like John Park was for Lennon during his first spell as manager than someone who would oversee the whole of the club.
Leaking stories to favoured journalists that Howe deal is as good as done in unfortunately how Celtic communicate with their support these days. Hopefully Dom McKay will change this when he takes over next week. Everything beyond the initial leak, players linked, Hughes etc is tabloids being tabloids, make up stories, generally with a negative spin against Celtic, to try to sell copies (something they are failing to do if you look at tumbling circulation figures).

There has been no official celtic statement saying Howe is our manager, its just the press speculating, in the hope he says no so they can get headlines news saying celtic lose their man, I would just love it not to be Howe but another good manager, make the press look like idiots that they are, every bit off news this year has just been one negative after another, I would love for us to make clowns off them, I MEAN HOW THE FUCK DOES THE PRESS KNOW HOWE WANTS Hughes in a private interview with Howe and celtic

There has been no official celtic statement saying Howe is our manager, its just the press speculating, in the hope he says no so they can get headlines news saying celtic lose their man, I would just love it not to be Howe but another good manager, make the press look like idiots that they are, every bit off news this year has just been one negative after another, I would love for us to make clowns off them, I MEAN HOW THE FUCK DOES THE PRESS KNOW HOWE WANTS Hughes in a private interview with Howe and celtic
Aye bang on and now kind of proving my point this today

Celtic target Howe rules himself out of taking new job until next summer via @OneFootball. Read it here:

Summer seems a bit far off given the rebuilding process that is required at CP also in the days ' news' is that slippy is being lined up for the crystal palace job, that should send a few into meltdown

Howe to Celtic has only ever been rumour and speculation. It would be a major coup for us but until there is something official from either party its nothing more than pish talk.

I have it on good authority that at some point between now and next season a manager will be appointed please don’t ask me to reveal my secret source of this groundbreaking news I also know from my mole that the position will not be filled at present for a third time by Neil Lennon and I can tell you all that when the stadium is open again to fans pies and bovril will be available for purchase

Howe to Celtic has only ever been rumour and speculation. It would be a major coup for us but until there is something official from either party its nothing more than pish talk.
And we are superb at putting out pish talk usually when ST renewal time comes around suddenly we are linked with players who are earning 10 times what they would in Scotland and would not come here having attained their ambition of playing in one of the big 5 leagues. I wouldn't why would they unless a special circumstances reason.

And we are superb at putting out pish talk usually when ST renewal time comes around suddenly we are linked with players who are earning 10 times what they would in Scotland and would not come here having attained their ambition of playing in one of the big 5 leagues. I wouldn't why would they unless a special circumstances reason.
The media have no idea what is going on at Celtic no more than any of us have either.
Let's face it when we knock the scum out of the cup then JK will again become the front runner yet again.
This bollox about being linked to every possible available player going is again what it is bollox, when Dom mckay has not even taken up his position officially yet.
The media still know that we have the clout to put serco scum (SS) back into there coffins and are just shitting themselves at the prospect of another 10 years of fuck all.
Patience is key and still believe we will get things right and will enjoy pissing on there short lived party

Lots of 'talk ' that Howe has verbally agreed to take the job , verbally being the the most important part of that sentence. My worry is that today I'm reading that he wants to work with Richard Hughes , meaning Celtic would have to put Harkin on the back burner.

Celtic face delays over Howe appointment due to Man City official via @OneFootball.

This causes me alarm , the type of alarm that you dread hearing first thing In the morning and keep meaning to change. If what's written in this piece is accurate then there will be delays and we cant really afford delays not long ones at least. It brings into question the importance of a DOF v a manager , we badly need both of quality . I'm concerned because the media ( fan media) that I'm reading are already putting out pieces that imply Howe is already the next manager. Obviously we have to wait and see if that's true. It brings to mind the terrible judgement of the ivan Toney amongst other deals. We wait we wait and we dont get our man. I'm not trying to rain on the parade but I do think we should be much more careful about this deal as it's one of many crucially important ones. I'm starting to cringe reading which players Howe could bring in when Howe himself hasnt yet been brought in. I'm all for Howe as manager I just think that we could do with reigning it in a bit as we are definitely getting ahead of ourselves and if Howe turns out not to be the manager there will be more than a few red faces around CP and within fans media. We aren't the most patient of supporters but in this case we are going to just have to be HH
My feeling is that IF Hughes is insisted upon as part of the deal then he should be hired as Head of Recruitment (Hammond is gone and Hughes' main job at Bournemouth is recruitment) and the Club choose a DoF of it's own choosing. Everybody happy? Howe and Hughes under a Director of Football.... easy peasy.

Last edited:
It's all paper chatter at the end of the day.......the only certainty is when you see someone on the pitch getting his photae taken in his jeans, Celtic top and scarf above the head

Members online

No members online now.

Back