gies some money , well all your money

Am not disagreeing with that NJ, but the moral responsibility has nothing to do with Celtic. That falls under the SFA remit. I know Scottish football is more than us and them but it's the same Scottish football that can't stand the very fact we exsist.
If you mean SFA etc I can't argue. There is clear evidence for 100 plus years that is true. I have a different experience of how much Celtic as a club is respected outwith the cabal of governance and Masonic clubs. Fair play though Galway (y)

Do capitalism properly, buy ibrokes at a knockdown price and rent it back to them at an exorbitant rate (tenant responsibility for all maintenance) the cash injection will allow them to struggle on for another season to witness 10 but the tent will kill them off. Once they're deed again we redevelop ibrokes into a housing development and make a tidy profit.
When the new The Ranjurs WATP The International appears they'll need to rent a corner of Glasgow Green to play on.
And that's how you do capitalism. 😼
:ROFLMAO: you've had this planned for a while

Celtic as Theresa May once said does not have a magic money tree and even if it did the priority is for them to plan long term and no-one is certain of the future, therefore Celtic owe it to their fans and shareholders to ensure that they remain intact when the light at the end of the tunnell eventually appears, besides were the Dave king and the likes again when the help is needed, Craig White cleared their debt and allowed a new debt free club to form, this new club spent chasing moonbeams, the cabinet is bare there is no bread for the rainy day which has appeared. I am sure if i went to Tesco and explained to them i have no money but when this clears i will spend in their store they will give me free food,
Tesco navigated this with issuing credit cards

You're right Galway. If you are part-time we could regionalise (is that a word?) leagues. Yes it is a conflict of interest unless the SPFL run a fund and we simply contribute alongside crowd funding, sponsors, other clubs etc. We do know what the landscape will look like though. Clubs have 3/6 months leeway maximum without help.. I'm not saying we prop up the Rangers, I'd even happily keep this out of all top flight clubs but theres a lot of history in Dunfermline, Dundee Utd, Dundee etc etc and a lot of guys who just want to watch there team every week.

There was a lot of history in Timex, goldbergs and house of frazer , if you don't live within your means year after year and cut your cloth and adapt to the current markets you die, harsh as it may sound

Dunfermline had lifelines to the bank just like sevco same with the dundees , there heydays are long gone the product on the park is not attractive to the fan base and there's too many clubs in the catchment area and not enough folk wanting to go watch these teams

For to long the SFA have run leagues that were unsustainable there were to many teams for the model and all had a hand out to help keep the lights on , you have to ask if the uefa money this year was stopped how many would have anything in the bank to get them to start the season off

SFA /SPFL have nothing ,no model at all for clubs to fall back on , take away our cash in the bank which were now burning through and after years of being prudent we planned ahead much to the frustration of us all

it's a concept others need to do but most of all the lack of blame towards the governing bodies is the elephant in the room , they escape blame at every turn

Even if we did give loans to clubs which in my opinion is a stupid idea , do you honestly think they could pay it back or feel the need to play it back,,, after all we've got plenty

clydebank had history so did the mutant airdrie ,nobody batted an eylid when they went

maybe it would be a good thing , less clubs, more money to split

Last edited by a moderator:
Celtic as Theresa May once said does not have a magic money tree and even if it did the priority is for them to plan long term and no-one is certain of the future, therefore Celtic owe it to their fans and shareholders to ensure that they remain intact when the light at the end of the tunnell eventually appears, besides were the Dave king and the likes again when the help is needed, Craig White cleared their debt and allowed a new debt free club to form, this new club spent chasing moonbeams, the cabinet is bare there is no bread for the rainy day which has appeared. I am sure if i went to Tesco and explained to them i have no money but when this clears i will spend in their store they will give me free food,
if they had died when they should have and leta tesco superstore take it's place there would be more bog roll to go round and we wouldn't have the hear there shite

There was a lot of history in Timex, goldbergs and house of frazer , if you don't live within your means year after year and cut your cloth and adapt to the current markets you die, harsh as it may sound

Dunfermline had lifelines to the bank just like sevco same with the dundees , there heydays are long gone the product on the park is not attractive to the fan base and there's too many clubs in the catchment area and not enough folk wanting to go watch these teams

For to long the SFA have run leagues that were unsustainable there were to many teams for the model and all had a hand out to help keep the lights on , you have to ask if the uefa money this year was stopped how many would have anything in the bank to get them to start the season off

SFA /SPFL have nothing ,no model at all for clubs to fall back on , take away our cash in the bank which were now burning through and after years of being prudent we planned ahead much to the frustration of us all

it's a concept others need to do but most of all the lack of blame towards the governing bodies is the elephant in the room , they escape blame at every turn

Even if we did give loans to clubs which in my opinion is a stupid idea , do you honestly think they could pay it back or feel the need to play it back,,, after all we've got plenty

clydebank had history so did the mutant airdrie ,nobody batted an eylid when they went

Plenty batted eyelids at Clydebank and Airdrie but just like Third lanark they went as they lost a battle. Many more helped save Falkirk, Dunfermline, Dundee twice, motherwell, the 40k raised in last few days for Raith Rovers etc. You can look at football as a business as we've become anaethestised to as a big club with a big support or as an important part communities for guys like all of us who just love our clubs and invest in their locality. As for paying back. Get it up and running and tie the pay backs over a manageable term like any loan, based on deductions from prize money and TV rights.
I accept like Airdrie some will go even with help, with none at all i'm just concerned fans who just want to watch their football team won't have what we take for granted.

Plenty batted eyelids at Clydebank and Airdrie but just like Third lanark they went as they lost a battle. Many more helped save Falkirk, Dunfermline, Dundee twice, motherwell, the 40k raised in last few days for Raith Rovers etc. You can look at football as a business as we've become anaethestised to as a big club with a big support or as an important part communities for guys like all of us who just love our clubs and invest in their locality. As for paying back. Get it up and running and tie the pay backs over a manageable term like any loan, based on deductions from prize money and TV rights.
I accept like Airdrie some will go even with help, with none at all i'm just concerned fans who just want to watch their football team won't have what we take for granted.
Don't forget a certain knight of the realm called in a loan from Airdrie.... well you can guess what happened.

Ah never take it for granted Niall,we were minutes from death and everybody and their grannies were loving it HH ☘

Ah never take it for granted Niall,we were minutes from death and everybody and their grannies were loving it HH ☘
yeah you just need to look at the long line of fkrs who have become chairman of the SFA/SPL/SPFL , or better have a look at everyone who has handed scott brown a trophy the hate in there face is there for all to see

AS michael says we were minutes from death and they loved it all the way ,if the truth ever came out regarding Dunfermline i think a lot of folk would wake up to the idea ,,,fk them

Agree there's clubs that HAVE did something to improve the finances at their club , Falkirk are a well run club now and have a great youth structure ,same with other clubs you name but there also comes a time when you have to look at the development of the game in Scotland and change it's structure ,or get left behind

Prize money , tv money and european money being shared out to everyone , even the ones who cheer and yet put there hand out when we get put out is fkn gauling

My wee maw always taught me to save yir pennies for a rainy day,you will never know when you need them, I'm glad my club listen, mind you wish I had cause I'm skint. 💰🔚.

If we publicly give money to Bate'smother fc then the season ticket holders will disappear quicker than the royal family out of London during a pandemic.

Nomercyforzombies.fc
Love this post

yeah you just need to look at the long line of fkrs who have become chairman of the SFA/SPL/SPFL , or better have a look at everyone who has handed scott brown a trophy the hate in there face is there for all to see

AS michael says we were minutes from death and they loved it all the way ,if the truth ever came out regarding Dunfermline i think a lot of folk would wake up to the idea ,,,fk them
Thankfully clubs are a hundred plus years of football fans and not just bent bastard temporary custodians who sell a result for a few quid, nor are we Lawwell or the Kelly's or Whites, well you are Kelly but you know what I mean ;)

Agree there's clubs that HAVE did something to improve the finances at their club , Falkirk are a well run club now and have a great youth structure ,same with other clubs you name but there also comes a time when you have to look at the development of the game in Scotland and change it's structure ,or get left behind

Prize money , tv money and european money being shared out to everyone , even the ones who cheer and yet put there hand out when we get put out is fkn gauling
100% (y) I'd hope we'll see that restructure, more fan ownership/involvement and maybe if we left it to find its way organically we'd get just that just not sure there would be the time, not now.

There was a lot of history in Timex, goldbergs and house of frazer , if you don't live within your means year after year and cut your cloth adaptto the current markets you die harsh as it may sound

Harsh reality

"

These fucks went oot their way to try and kill Celtic afore The Bunnet stepped in. We should give these bastards what they deserve...nothing.
Fuck them. Roger Mitchell trying to put their troubles on us....fuck off
There was something similar in another paper today saying that Celtic should forego their share of tv revenue money to help the smaller clubs. I didn’t see any calls for any other club to do likewise.

The justification for the suggestion seemed to be that they are by far the richest club in the country and they can afford to waive payment.

The figure being mentioned was £400k. A small amount of money in terms of the funds the club are said to be sitting on right now.

But the stuff that Mitchell is coming out with is something I don’t think Celtic should be considering. I wouldn’t want them to lend money to any of the other clubs. I think it would backfire on them further down the line.

None of them did anything to help us before the bunnet came in. So like a number of others on this thread I say fuck Roger Mitchell and all who think like him.

Hun Skelpin...Yes
Hun helpin....Naw

HH everyone. Stay safe☘☘☘

Members online

Latest posts

Back