Give the man a break.

Mickrick

I remember so well as a lot of you will,when Lenny played his first game on the road for Celtic back in 2000.It was at Dens Park & the minute he touched the ball it started....away ya dirty fenian b*****d. On that day NFL learned very quickly that this would be something he'd have to get used to.Because of his origins, & the club that he chose to represent he immediately became the most hated man EVER to grace the Scottish game.He retires from International football because he starts getting death threats that he never got when he played for Leicester....does that drive him out of Celtic? No.He gets letter bombs & bullets in the post....does that drive him out of Celtic? No. He gets assaulted in the street on more than one occasion & assaulted at Tynecastle( Case not proven ffs) does that drive him out of Celtic No. He even has to put up with the poison at a Christmas Pantomime when the toxic element in the crowd start their " dirty fenian b******" crap & are allowed to do so by the ushers.Do the troglodytes get thrown out, does anybody call the cops ? Why would they it's only Lennon & he brings it on himself or so we keep getting told.He couldn't even escape it in his own home as the Kill Neil Lennon graffitti was written on the walls of his house yet still he stays.He started our run to the 9 titles & delivered the 8th when Brendan walked out.He delivered a triple & is on the brink of delivering the quadruple & who knows, he might yet get us the 10 that's driving a lot of our support to hysteria! If he doesn't however we regroup & move on.We have no divine right to win the title every season but one thing is certain, nobody wants it more than Lenny & he'll do everything he can to deliver it.In spite of all he's had to put up with since arriving into the cesspit that is football in the West of Scotland he stayed strong & hardened himself to all the hatred that came his way.He himself said "It made him stronger".How will he feel today, when he sees the people who mean so much to him....Celtic fans, are the ones who are now trying to force him out of the club that means everything to him.We call ourselves the best supporters in the world now is the time to prove it.

Welcome to the Noise Mickrick. His achievements for Celtic are fantastic and the disgusting abuse he received over the years has been a disgrace.

But I admit to being baffled by his sometimes bizarre tactics and decision making and worry that he might struggle to turn things around - but any abuse that is personal I really can't stand. Hail hail!

I remember so well as a lot of you will,when Lenny played his first game on the road for Celtic back in 2000.It was at Dens Park & the minute he touched the ball it started....away ya dirty fenian b*****d. On that day NFL learned very quickly that this would be something he'd have to get used to.Because of his origins, & the club that he chose to represent he immediately became the most hated man EVER to grace the Scottish game.He retires from International football because he starts getting death threats that he never got when he played for Leicester....does that drive him out of Celtic? No.He gets letter bombs & bullets in the post....does that drive him out of Celtic? No. He gets assaulted in the street on more than one occasion & assaulted at Tynecastle( Case not proven ffs) does that drive him out of Celtic No. He even has to put up with the poison at a Christmas Pantomime when the toxic element in the crowd start their " dirty fenian b******" crap & are allowed to do so by the ushers.Do the troglodytes get thrown out, does anybody call the cops ? Why would they it's only Lennon & he brings it on himself or so we keep getting told.He couldn't even escape it in his own home as the Kill Neil Lennon graffitti was written on the walls of his house yet still he stays.He started our run to the 9 titles & delivered the 8th when Brendan walked out.He delivered a triple & is on the brink of delivering the quadruple & who knows, he might yet get us the 10 that's driving a lot of our support to hysteria! If he doesn't however we regroup & move on.We have no divine right to win the title every season but one thing is certain, nobody wants it more than Lenny & he'll do everything he can to deliver it.In spite of all he's had to put up with since arriving into the cesspit that is football in the West of Scotland he stayed strong & hardened himself to all the hatred that came his way.He himself said "It made him stronger".How will he feel today, when he sees the people who mean so much to him....Celtic fans, are the ones who are now trying to force him out of the club that means everything to him.We call ourselves the best supporters in the world now is the time to prove it.
Welcome Mick.

Now thats what I call a good first post.

H.H

Welcome to the Noise Mickrick.

NFL has been put through the wringer both on and off the field since coming to Celtic and I don't doubt that he has had the support of the majority if not all of it's fans. That shouldn't detract however from the main issue the club is facing today. The players have been shite, the tactics have been non-existent and the ability to change things around during a game are anathema to NFL right now. Now is not the time to have our heads overturned by our emotional attachment to the manager.

Welcome to the Noise Mickrick.

NFL has been put through the wringer both on and off the field since coming to Celtic and I don't doubt that he has had the support of the majority if not all of it's fans. That shouldn't detract however from the main issue the club is facing today. The players have been shite, the tactics have been non-existent and the ability to change things around during a game are anathema to NFL right now. Now is not the time to have our heads overturned by our emotional attachment to the manager.
I agree with what you say as far as his tactial nous goes but the players don't look like right this season & I think the weight of expectation in reaching for the 10 may be crippling them.It's not that I have an emotional attachment to Lennon but more a sense of gratitude for what he gave us. & might still.HH.

Welcome Mick,
I am not a Lenny fan as most people on here know but I will support the man in everything he does until I am told his reign is over.
He does not need anymore hassle than he has already had,instead tonight he needs the 11 Bhoys who take to the park tonight to put in a performance for their boss who I believe they have let down badly this season,they are the reason for the vultures hovering above in the form of Press Agents..

HH.

Welcome Mick,
I am not a Lenny fan as most people on here know but I will support the man in everything he does until I am told his reign is over.
He does not need anymore hassle than he has already had,instead tonight he needs the 11 Bhoys who take to the park tonight to put in a performance for their boss who I believe they have let down badly this season,they are the reason for the vultures hovering above in the form of Press Agents..

HH.
These players can give a lot more thsts the frustrating thing,,look at Christie for Scotland against Serbia,probably best player on the park,look at him in his next game for us,he was garbage,dont buy all this shite about him playing too many games ,hes supposed to be superfit ,an athlete ,Lennon moaning about Clarke just sounded like another excuse to me and a deflection away from him.

I agree with what you say as far as his tactial nous goes but the players don't look like right this season & I think the weight of expectation in reaching for the 10 may be crippling them.It's not that I have an emotional attachment to Lennon but more a sense of gratitude for what he gave us. & might still.HH.
All the pressures on us now to win our games in hand and win the derbys

Wit a post mate theres no need to get personal way managers or players we either like them or we dont sisane need to become personal all the crap lennys been thru is bloody shocking I'm surprised he stayed in scotland for so long tbh

Great sentiments there, Mick, and something we should always be aware of when considering the personal attacks that Neil Lennon has been the subject of over the years.

But just to play devil's advocate for a moment, for as much as we should pay proper tribute to Neil Lennon's accomplishments and be grateful for them, I think Neil himself owes the Celtic supporters a debt of gratitude for the solidarity and the support he received during these atrocious events.

Unfortunately - as has been recently shown, patience is finite and the stresses and strains of this season appear to be weighing heavily upon all of our shoulders at the moment.

I support Neil Lennon, but that would be so much easier to do if he accepted that there are issues with our team that appear to be spiralling out of his control. Former players and associates are now suggesting that coaching was not his forte, it was his motivational skills that appear to be his most prominent feature and if he can't adequately motivate the players, then his purpose as manager is compromised.

Neil Lennon is a Celtic supporter. I trust that as one of us, he wishes only what is best for the club and his fellow fans. I believe it is this dedication to the cause that will determine his future and this game tonight will surely prove if he has the backing of the players. If things continue as they have done so recently, then I fully expect Neil Lennon will make a personal sacrifice to hopefully benefit the club.

If and when Neil Lennon leaves Celtic, he should be lauded on our Roll of Honour. He might not be in that top bracket of genuine Celtic legends, but he will certainly feature on that second tier of famous Celtic men.

Few men (but still far too many) have had to endure the sheer hatred and viciousness that Neil Lennon has had to encounter in his life. It would be absolutely abhorrent if circumstances dictate that he has to endure further hostility from his own kind. Folk are entitled to be concerned at the standard of football on offer. Folk are entitled to be bewildered by current events. Folk are entitled to honestly be critical of Neil and his philosophies. They don't even really have to like the man and what he represents; however - decency alone should give the man thanks and his dignity.

Thanks for that original post, Mick. I'm sure there are plenty of folk who agree with and share your gratitude.

Ahoy Mickrick welcome to the Noise - its always good to have another shiny new Tim on board and what a cracker of a post to start off with. I could not agree more in regard to what Lenny has endured from the hostiles since he set foot on the pitch at Dundee all those years ago and all of it condoned by the SFA, ,Strathclyde police and what laughingly passes for for mainstream media in this poisoned wee country of ours and its all the more shame on us that he's now having to endure it from within. We all have a right to be critical of his management qualities at times but we owe him the greatest of respect in how we express it. Once again welcome on board amigo - bring all yer pals on as well !! 👋 👋 👋 👋👋👋😂🍀🍀🍀

Great sentiments there, Mick, and something we should always be aware of when considering the personal attacks that Neil Lennon has been the subject of over the years.

But just to play devil's advocate for a moment, for as much as we should pay proper tribute to Neil Lennon's accomplishments and be grateful for them, I think Neil himself owes the Celtic supporters a debt of gratitude for the solidarity and the support he received during these atrocious events.

Unfortunately - as has been recently shown, patience is finite and the stresses and strains of this season appear to be weighing heavily upon all of our shoulders at the moment.

I support Neil Lennon, but that would be so much easier to do if he accepted that there are issues with our team that appear to be spiralling out of his control. Former players and associates are now suggesting that coaching was not his forte, it was his motivational skills that appear to be his most prominent feature and if he can't adequately motivate the players, then his purpose as manager is compromised.

Neil Lennon is a Celtic supporter. I trust that as one of us, he wishes only what is best for the club and his fellow fans. I believe it is this dedication to the cause that will determine his future and this game tonight will surely prove if he has the backing of the players. If things continue as they have done so recently, then I fully expect Neil Lennon will make a personal sacrifice to hopefully benefit the club.

If and when Neil Lennon leaves Celtic, he should be lauded on our Roll of Honour. He might not be in that top bracket of genuine Celtic legends, but he will certainly feature on that second tier of famous Celtic men.

Few men (but still far too many) have had to endure the sheer hatred and viciousness that Neil Lennon has had to encounter in his life. It would be absolutely abhorrent if circumstances dictate that he has to endure further hostility from his own kind. Folk are entitled to be concerned at the standard of football on offer. Folk are entitled to be bewildered by current events. Folk are entitled to honestly be critical of Neil and his philosophies. They don't even really have to like the man and what he represents; however - decency alone should give the man thanks and his dignity.

Thanks for that original post, Mick. I'm sure there are plenty of folk who agree with and share your gratitude.
Another cracker of a post !! SP

Back