St Johnstone v Celtic -***Positive Thread***

On a positive note - I think we should start speaking to Frimpong to tie him into a longer contract on higher wages. I'm not sure what he is being paid, but as it would not have been expected for him to be playing much first team football by now, then I imagine he is on a relatively low salary. Get him on an extended contract to keep him happy so he won't be interested when the richer clubs inevitably start sniffing around promising him riches.

I think if he was to be signed in the next few years (up to 24 years old, I think) by a team in another country once his contract is running down then we'd only be liable for a pittance development fee. Or if we do sell him then I seem to remember Man City have a very large sell-on fee (something like 30%???).

Either way, proactively get him on the wages that his level of first team player deserves as he is worth it. Not only is he a special player, but he is clearly amazing for squad morale having such a bubbly youngster about the place.
Oops - I should have read the Celtic Star first. Lubo makes exactly the same point in a much better way.

Everybody is sagging broony the now so to cheer him up here's a we poem a wrote in his testimonial year
SCOTT BROWN

Was the moth of May 2007
He signed for the hoops a move made in heaven
Now its his testimonial year
He still struts around and shows no fear
His move sent shock waves through the town
And almost brought big fat DJ down
Fat cunt said hell sign for the huns
If disny ill resign but then uturns
Time goes by the hoops fans cheer
Scott lifts the league flag year after year
On our way to make it 10
Scotts the man again and again
So arise our broony a man of flair
When you lift the cups the huns will stare
They'll all say how did they get him
Cos he's not meant to be a tim
But a tim he is and he's supreme
Born to lead our celtic team
Nobody is slagging Broony, we all love him, but he's been pish. thats just a fact.

Positivity out off that game, griff back rogic getting minutes, klimala on score sheet do his confidence a world of good, a plus out of that as well we need a left winger or wing back it was shown up today and surely Neil will be saying to law well you seen it the day get me a fucking left sided winger or wing back, oh and another clean sheet at the back, plus top of the league as well so no pressure then huns 👍👍😁

Very pedestrian in the first half, back line encouraging players to come for the ball with no one making the effort, second half a bit better but same results for first half hour, Rogic with his control and turns in the time he got showed how big a player he can still be for us this season, LG does what he does best with space finding in the box so good to see him get a goal and some game time which will hopefully set us for the 2 up front v the huns with LG and Eddie being supplied by Rogic.

Taylor was awful and wont do as a left wing back as again everthing broke down that went through him.

Pingpong needs no introduction as he does what he is good at consistently.

we got the result today in the end but its only a matter of time that we drop points if NL doesnt work out his preferred starting eleven as its certainly not the one he started with today, lacked leadership.

but onwards to the huns and 3 more points at Celtic park so we can enjoy the beginning of their end. hail hail.

Very pedestrian in the first half, back line encouraging players to come for the ball with no one making the effort, second half a bit better but same results for first half hour, Rogic with his control and turns in the time he got showed how big a player he can still be for us this season, LG does what he does best with space finding in the box so good to see him get a goal and some game time which will hopefully set us for the 2 up front v the huns with LG and Eddie being supplied by Rogic.

Taylor was awful and wont do as a left wing back as again everthing broke down that went through him.

Pingpong needs no introduction as he does what he is good at consistently.

we got the result today in the end but its only a matter of time that we drop points if NL doesnt work out his preferred starting eleven as its certainly not the one he started with today, lacked leadership.

but onwards to the huns and 3 more points at Celtic park so we can enjoy the beginning of their end. hail hail.
Canny wait for the hun implosion it's gonny hurt them bad cos they think they are going to pump us, the deludamol tablets over there must be good

3 points in the bag, that is the positive, griff , paddy and Rogic make the difference , 5 sub rule worked well for us today but for 1 hour we are very poor , pace of the game is so slow , no urgency at all , we missed broony big time in midfield , french looks disinterested lots of work still to be done but I have the fear, if we play like that in 2 weeks , the tribute act will pump us

We struggle against all out defend anti- football tactics. If the sevvies try to play us at football we will fuckin rip them apart. They will hopefully drop points today.
Richy , think your dreaming mate , hope you are not , we are so slow just now the rotten mob will run over the top of us as I said the fear

We scrapped a result today, fair enough but we also have to take into account how demanding these Thursday night and Sunday matches are going to be upon the squad as all involved were that much slower today, none more so than Taylor after the effort he put into Thursday. Would wonder what ntcham could use as an excuse plus now we have to hope international managers will use our players wisely for the next 10 days or so

We scrapped a result today, fair enough but we also have to take into account how demanding these Thursday night and Sunday matches are going to be upon the squad as all involved were that much slower today, none more so than Taylor after the effort he put into Thursday. Would wonder what ntcham could use as an excuse plus now we have to hope international managers will use our players wisely for the next 10 days or so
I believe Israel have called up Bitton against Celtic's wishes as he is injured. Let's hope they see sense and let him return to his employers for proper treatment and rehabilitation.

Positivity:
1. 3 points away from home
2. After an away european match!
3. Despite being lethargic and a fairly poor performance.
4. Griff back.
5. Griff scoring. ( Make him even hungrier).
6. Broonie got a rest.
7. International break now for injury rehabilitation.
8. Hopefully our worst and poorest performance of the season out of the system.

Positively looking forward to 🍺🍺🍺🍻
this evening. We have been in worse places. HH

Members online

Latest posts

Back