Go it alone

So Barbados have decided to become a Reppublic.
Scotland?
Discuss
It’s a dividing topic, personally I would like to out, for a few reasons,
One of the main being with brexit Northern Ireland is edging closer to unification, the unionists are now out numbered by republicans if or when they decide to have a vote to unite Ireland it will happen, then the unionists will lose the very thing that they hold most dear to them, their Britishness, as we have seen over the last 20-30years they migrate here, south Ayrshire is turning into a province of Northern Ireland, with mad dog Adair etc all moving there, as we have seen in recent years the unionists/DUP militants are gaining more a more power here
Scotland needs to get independence before Ireland so if they want to remain British they bypass us and head to England

First of all, Nick - I hope you are well and that you have all the support you require during this incredibly difficult time.

Secondly - good luck to Barbados and may the island flourish as an independent state.

Perhaps their circumstances are different to our own in Scotland, as it has always been tied into the Caribbean, West Indian culture and also the American tourist industry.

It's a difficult comparison to make, as for many, many decades - the Scots were willing accomplices whilst the British Empire wreaked havoc across the globe. Barbados happens to be one of those places where you find a lot of names like: McKenzie, McIntosh, McKay etc among the indigenous population and these names are a somber reminder that Scots are directly linked to the tyranny and slavery that these islands were subjected to.

If and when Scotland ever has the opportunity to celebrate our own independence - then we're going to have to reflect upon our own role in the genocide perpetrated in the name of the commonwealth.

That's a lot of blood that has to be washed from our hands.

One of the main being with brexit Northern Ireland is edging closer to unification, the unionists are now out numbered by republicans if or when they decide to have a vote to unite Ireland it will happen, then the unionists will lose the very thing that they hold most dear to them, their Britishness, as we have seen over the last 20-30years they migrate here, south Ayrshire is turning into a province of Northern Ireland, with mad dog Adair etc all moving there, as we have seen in recent years the unionists/DUP militants are gaining more a more power here
Scotland needs to get independence before Ireland so if they want to remain British they bypass us and head to England

Good points!

The moron from the DUP isn’t at Ibrox by accident.....I believe they just may launch a new political party along the lines of the Scottish Democratic Unionist Party in the not too distant future.....with the Huns as their power base.....it will go from bad to worse if something like that transpires...

Good points!

The moron from the DUP isn’t at Ibrox by accident.....I believe they just may launch a new political party along the lines of the Scottish Democratic Unionist Party in the not too distant future.....with the Huns as their power base.....it will go from bad to worse if something like that transpires...

I always remember many years ago probably early 80s when the Pope was planning to visit Glasgow.A group had been formed called something like "Protestant Ratepayers Against The Papal Visit",they had of course a demo/march thru City centre one Saturday morning while Rangers had a cup tie in the afternoon. One of the protesters,showing fine initiative was carrying his dual purpose banner which read "No Pope Here!" on one side while the reverse displayed "Rangers For The Cup" quite, quite extraordinary peepil........

Great shout mate 👍

untangling 50 years of EU membership was bad enough can you imagine 300 years of union its not just economic and political links but family ties and friendships that cross the border it would be the messiest divorce in history with a massive custody battle over just about everything and I doubt we would be any better off Scottish politicians are every bit the self serving arseholes that they are anywhere else on the planet.
In football terms it would be a game of two halves with England dominant in possession in the first half followed by a Scottish resurgence only to be thwarted twice on the break by Englands front two and at the end of the day it would be a traditional glorious failure for the plucky Scots and a bitter victory for England with a string of long term injuries

Members online

Latest posts

Back