Goalkeeping issues

BILLCOWIE1958

Will Craig Gordon be able to wrest the gloves back from Scott Bain after his deputy has kept a clean sheet in every game he played this season apart from Patrick Thistle back in the summer?

I think the writing appeared on the wall for Gordon after the 1-1 draw against Motherwell at Fir Park in December

HH?

Will Craig Gordon be able to wrest the gloves back from Scott Bain after his deputy has kept a clean sheet in every game he played this season apart from Patrick Thistle back in the summer?

I think the writing appeared on the wall for Gordon after the 1-1 draw against Motherwell at Fir Park in December

HH?
Still early days but i think Bains showed he's a more than capable replacement .He's obviously better playing it out from the back and he's a decent shot stopper aswell.Hopefully he'll keep improving ?

Bain hasn't put a foot or a hand wrong so far and hasn't given us some of the heart-stopping moments that Gordon has.
More power to him and I'm glad he's the number 1 choice at the minute.

Still early days but i think Bains showed he's a more than capable replacement .He's obviously better playing it out from the back and he's a decent shot stopper aswell.Hopefully he'll keep improving ?

Couldn't agree more with that

And he's younger whereas Gordon although not old for a 'keeper has injury issues and takes brainstorms whereas Bain has never really let us down
HH?

I like Bain. But I wanted to throw this out there, although I am not sure I have accurate stats to back this up (if someone has a more accurate list of stats per team per game, I'd love a link).

Looking at shots against the Celtic goal, I am finding that in last five games there has only been 10 shots (five of them today). Does this mean we have a watertight defence or is Bain some sort of superhero (both plausible), or are there other factors involved?

I picked up the stats from this site: https://us.soccerway.com/teams/scotland/celtic-fc/1898/ and if you click on the scores of each team, it breaks down the stats for the game. For the sake of argument, I counted "shots on target" and "shots wide" as total shots taken.

Back