Good films

Watched UNTRACEABLE (2008) last night
Thriller, with Diane Lane in it
Kind of like Silence of the Lambs genre
And DEATH WISH (the new one with Bruce Willis) not as good as Charles Bronson's versions, but worth a watch
Older moves worth watching are The Long Good Friday (Helen Mirren, Bob Hoskins & Pierce Brosnan) my favourite British gangster move (1980)
Then my two all time favourites
The Dirty Dozen & The Great Escape two brilliant casts, and the story lines are great
Grab some popcorn and enjoy
HH

Watched UNTRACEABLE (2008) last night
Thriller, with Diane Lane in it
Kind of like Silence of the Lambs genre
And DEATH WISH (the new one with Bruce Willis) not as good as Charles Bronson's versions, but worth a watch
Older moves worth watching are The Long Good Friday (Helen Mirren, Bob Hoskins & Pierce Brosnan) my favourite British gangster move (1980)
Then my two all time favourites
The Dirty Dozen & The Great Escape two brilliant casts, and the story lines are great
Grab some popcorn and enjoy
HH
Great movie mate, how hot was Helen Mirren in that film, and Pierce the provo, can't remember him having many lines though. 🤣

I'll have a look for that
Cheers BB
It is very low budget, Doric/Aberdeen speaking and LOTS of swearing (someone actually condensed it into a 5 minute YouTube video of just the swearing). It starts slowly then it just goes mental! But I like it 😆

Oh, and it contains a wee cameo near the end from Celtic failure/Aberdeen hero (he scored the winning goal against Real Madrid to win them their European trophy), John Hewitt!

Last edited:
There's a few Glasgow barmen could vouch for the cider-crazed loola Stevie unleashed on the city

I’m sure you’re right.

As an aside.....you and TET obviously rub each other up the wrong way.....why don’t you both find some common ground and let bygones be bygones.

How about it?....you too TET?

I’m sure you’re right.

As an aside.....you and TET obviously rub each other up the wrong way.....why don’t you both find some common ground and let bygones be bygones.

How about it?....you too TET?

In the spirit of atheistic love I'd be quite prepared to play nice.

Great movie mate, how hot was Helen Mirren in that film, and Pierce the provo, can't remember him having many lines though. 🤣
Found it purely by accident one day when walking downtown near the beach
There was a movie theatre open and the billboard showed Bob Hoskins with his crew, with other guys hanging upside down, from hooks
I thought, this looks interesting
So, while people were getting sunburns at the beach, I was in the 'shows' watching a very 'HAWT' Helen Mirren, and Bob, and Pierce, getting their gangsta on
Have told loads of people and they all agree after watching it
Rock n Rolla, and Layer Cake and let's not forget Formula 51, with Robert Carlyle, and Samuel L Jackson
Anything with a bit of swearing, sex & gratuitous violence, is ok with me, I blame it on my environment, growing up :whistle:😁

Clint Eastwood in his Dirty Harry and The Good Bad and Ugly days, is OK by me
Watched Gran Torino, loved him in it
He directed it too
Any war movie with him and the rest of Hollywood's greats, I'll watch it
My adult 'children' tell me, the older I get, the more like Clint Eastwood, I get
"Get off my lawn !!!"
I think it's a compliment

Clint Eastwood in his Dirty Harry and The Good Bad and Ugly days, is OK by me
Watched Gran Torino, loved him in it
He directed it too
Any war movie with him and the rest of Hollywood's greats, I'll watch it
My adult 'children' tell me, the older I get, the more like Clint Eastwood, I get
"Get off my lawn !!!"
I think it's a compliment

The Good, The Bad and the Morelos is great movie D.
Eli Wallach superb as Tuco. Great theme as well.

I'm not saying it's an all-time great, but if you want a decent recent film then The Nightingale on Netflix is worth a watch. It's harrowing and might illicit some anti-English passion in you, but it's very good.

Oh , I hate these threads .... because I get uptight about what people think are good movies when I think they are sh*t ! Then I have to list all the great movies that have been made ... 'great' because I like them , so f*ck everyone else's opinion ...LoL !

If anyone is at a loose end and looking for some decent films to watch and you are under the age of 50 ( you lucky b8stards ! ) then might I suggest :

Billy Wilder's - Double jeopardy ; Sunset Boulevard ; Stalag 17 ; The Seven Year Itch and Some Like It Hot !

Hitchcock's - The 39 Steps ; Strangers on a Train ; North by Northwest ; Psycho !

Sergio Leone's - The Good , the Bad and the Ugly ; Once Upon a Time in the West ; Once Upon a time in America ( to my mind the most under-rated gangster movie of all - with a Morricone music score that is truly amazing )

HH

Back