Good Luck 😱😱

I'm not going to riot, I'll stick to the nervous breakdown, envelope, email or knock on the door phobia til I'm wrapped in my favourite blanket sooking jars of pickled mussels and cockles.
We used to have the most up-to-date and freshest bus fleet in the world here in the north of Ireland but standards have slipped considerably in recent years. I could see a few 'modernisation events' happening in the coming months.

Blankets and pickled shellfish would be a good start.🐚🦐
Lidl do pickled mussels very reasonably, they're Spanish I think.
I made a big pot of chicken balti-type stuff the other day. 2 tins of chopped tomatoes at 30 odd p each, a carton of tomato passata 40 odd p, a head of broccoli cooked in the tomato base, an onion, a single clove garlic peeled and grated with a cheese grater, a couple of chopped peppers, a pack of chicken breast tenders which I diced and part-fried first, balti paste and some Tesco spicy lime pickle. I make pilau rice by washing the rice first to remove excess starch and boiling with turmeric and cardamoms then washing again with boiling water when it's ready so it doesn't clump or stick.
Ended up with at least a week's worth of healthy, warming main meals for little more than a fiver.

Lidl do pickled mussels very reasonably, they're Spanish I think.
I made a big pot of chicken balti-type stuff the other day. 2 tins of chopped tomatoes at 30 odd p each, a carton of tomato passata 40 odd p, a head of broccoli cooked in the tomato base, an onion, a single clove garlic peeled and grated with a cheese grater, a couple of chopped peppers, a pack of chicken breast tenders which I diced and part-fried first, balti paste and some Tesco spicy lime pickle. I make pilau rice by washing the rice first to remove excess starch and boiling with turmeric and cardamoms then washing again with boiling water when it's ready so it doesn't clump or stick.
Ended up with at least a week's worth of healthy, warming main meals for little more than a fiver.
I shop at Lidl as well. Many years ago I also sold crab and lobster to the Spanish traders. Bet the mussels are bought and sold back via Germany to offset the cost of Gas.

I got rid of Scottish Power ages ago....too much hassle......Now with Octopus Energy .....no complaints so far......Hope you get that sorted quick Shammy
I got a log burner booked in for winter, shame they've cancelled the fitting of it 4 weeks in a row

i also got a smart meter fitted recently, spent more time expermienting/watching that than the TV. The most energy is used on power tools, or her rampant rabbit, but that saves me energy you couldn't pay for or wish to pay the price of :rolleyes:

I got a log burner booked in for winter, shame they've cancelled the fitting of it 4 weeks in a row

i also got a smart meter fitted recently, spent more time expermienting/watching that than the TV. The most energy is used on power tools, or her rampant rabbit, but that saves me energy you couldn't pay for or wish to pay the price of :rolleyes:
Couldn't you get her to sit on top of the washing machine while it is on full spin cycle rather than using her rampant rabbit? That way yer sheets and Y-front's are getting a clean too.

Last edited:
Couldn't you get her to sit on top of the washing machine while it is on full spin cycle rather than using her rampant rabbit? That way yer sheets and Y-front's are clean.
The mind boggles, and excuse me for asking but WTF is a rampant rabbit, and why the fuck, would you know about it ?
Question for Smelly...
All sorts of visuals conjured up there in my head
:unsure:;)
Oh and..."Get down off the gas stove Mrs, you're too old to ride the range !!"
HH

the bhoy that works with me is 10 years older than me.... always has been it seems
he was a nut for this guy, so i bought us tickets for a gig
me being me, i hate going to a gig nearby, so chose fucking birmingham for some reason
after the 3 hour gig, we were heading out, light were on, then he came back on, for 30 minutes played/jammed and this included playing every instrument on the stage......

turns out this was THEE gig on that tour where that something special happened...

i walked out that night thinking that this guy is the closest i'll get to seeing Jimi
he writes records but when he plays live...fuck me its not that studio shit

i've seen them all, clapton, gilmour, JJ cale, BB king, earle, vai, gilmour, young, page, may etc......
the only guy that could hold a candle would be Jack White

aye so... tonight i found on youtube for the first time that someone captured that 30 minutes

if your scrolling by, fine, i do that
if you time.. just enjoy a genius

the bhoy that works with me is 10 years older than me.... always has been it seems
he was a nut for this guy, so i bought us tickets for a gig
me being me, i hate going to a gig nearby, so chose fucking birmingham for some reason
after the 3 hour gig, we were heading out, light were on, then he came back on, for 30 minutes played/jammed and this included playing every instrument on the stage......

turns out this was THEE gig on that tour where that something special happened...

i walked out that night thinking that this guy is the closest i'll get to seeing Jimi
he writes records but when he plays live...fuck me its not that studio shit

i've seen them all, clapton, gilmour, JJ cale, BB king, earle, vai, gilmour, young, page, may etc......
the only guy that could hold a candle would be Jack White

aye so... tonight i found on youtube for the first time that someone captured that 30 minutes

if your scrolling by, fine, i do that
if you time.. just enjoy a genius

The world is a much sadder place with his passing
Ever see the NFL Superbowl halftime show he put on, in the downpour ?
Nothing comes close to that performance on Superbowl Sunday
Fortunate to have seen him Smelly, what a performer, what a talent, and he was a humble person who produced so many hits not only for himself, but for other big names too
PRINCE the absolute LEGEND

Magnificent post Smelly and loved the clip
Hendrix channeled there that night
What a performer
Tears brimming watching this one:

Music can be so emotive and take you back to memories in your life
That happened when I heard Fleetwood Mac's Green Manalishi last night from Colin James performance
YNWA

Yep another 'Winter of discontent' on the way. God help us if its a colder than usual one. As usual it will be poorest that suffer the worse, not the rich who will be able to cover the extra fees with the massive tax cuts they've just benefited from.
Try my best to be contented ✌

Shammy might be a stupid question but do yous get the lecky money aswell?? Surely people on the lower end of the wages scale get a bit of help aswell
Everybody to get something cairnsybhoy inc full time workers and PIP /disabled /benefits to get a bit more as I understand it.
Those on PIP and benefits who get a bit more will likely not recieve the warm home discount so swings and roundabouts

Shammy might be a stupid question but do yous get the lecky money aswell?? Surely people on the lower end of the wages scale get a bit of help aswell
I've looked at my leccy account and apparently they're putting £66 in per month for 3 months I think but the people I support are getting £600 into their bank accounts. I don't understand why their need is greater than mine as they have much more disposable income than I have.

Such is life! I wouldn't want their mental health issues for a lottery win.

I've looked at my leccy account and apparently they're putting £66 in per month for 3 months I think but the people I support are getting £600 into their bank accounts. I don't understand why their need is greater than mine as they have much more disposable income than I have.

Hasnt been thought through shammy , Truss just knew she had to be seen to be doing something but it's pretty arse about elbow and not enough either way

Thats why I'm asking shammy as someone with epilepsy who gets pip it's wrong as u say we both have the same needs aye u work but thats why u shud not be well not rewarded but helped like the rest of us(more than 60odd quid for 3 month) all low wage front liners shud be helped more and BTW as an ex user of heroin nocunt and I mean nocunt shud be on full pip thru they're addictions I've never agreed with that the systems so fucked up people with real mental health issues is one thing but there's far too many fuckin junkies and alkies milking it for every penny they can get which must anger people like ur self so much especially times like this

Members online

Latest posts

Back