Good Luck 😱😱

Thats why I'm asking shammy as someone with epilepsy who gets pip it's wrong as u say we both have the same needs aye u work but thats why u shud not be well not rewarded but helped like the rest of us(more than 60odd quid for 3 month) all low wage front liners shud be helped more and BTW as an ex user of heroin nocunt and I mean nocunt shud be on full pip thru they're addictions I've never agreed with that the systems so fucked up people with real mental health issues is one thing but there's far too many fuckin junkies and alkies milking it for every penny they can get which must anger people like ur self so much especially times like this
I don't get angry about it Cairnsy, it is what it is.

A lot of our support work is with ex drug users and alcoholics who's brains are fried because of one or the other and sometimes both. That's probably why I hold different opinions about the legalization of drugs which appears to be the trend. I know some folk take drugs and still function well but I'm afraid I see the darker side of addiction, heavy use and light, recreational use.

Rightly or wrongly we class people as being really sick if they have something like Schizophrenia or Bi-polar disorder or even dementia. Drugs and drink can lead to many different mental health disorders.

Bankers and their bonuses eh? I wish I got a bonus when I had to wrestle a pair of knives off someone a while back but I don't suppose that's as important as making a profit for the banking industry. 🙄

I don't get angry about it Cairnsy, it is what it is.

A lot of our support work is with ex drug users and alcoholics who's brains are fried because of one or the other and sometimes both. That's probably why I hold different opinions about the legalization of drugs which appears to be the trend. I know some folk take drugs and still function well but I'm afraid I see the darker side of addiction, heavy use and light, recreational use.

Rightly or wrongly we class people as being really sick if they have something like Schizophrenia or Bi-polar disorder or even dementia. Drugs and drink can lead to many different mental health disorders.

Bankers and their bonuses eh? I wish I got a bonus when I had to wrestle a pair of knives off someone a while back but I don't suppose that's as important as making a profit for the banking industry. 🙄
Aye it's a bastard of a life style I can tell u that but if they put more money into helping put better support systems in place for addicts rather than just methadone or subutex for life then the mental health issue wouldn't get so bad to just pap addicts onto meth and forget them does fuck all as u will know addictions services are always chasing they're arse trying to help people with next to no money the full thing needs rejigged instead of giving addicts the sick money from the off they shud invest that cash in proper programmes for people

Thats why I'm asking shammy as someone with epilepsy who gets pip it's wrong as u say we both have the same needs aye u work but thats why u shud not be well not rewarded but helped like the rest of us(more than 60odd quid for 3 month) all low wage front liners shud be helped more and BTW as an ex user of heroin nocunt and I mean nocunt shud be on full pip thru they're addictions I've never agreed with that the systems so fucked up people with real mental health issues is one thing but there's far too many fuckin junkies and alkies milking it for every penny they can get which must anger people like ur self so much especially times like this
It's a grey area cairnsybhoy that no-one has really ever addressed if even tried to.
Having been there maself same as you , being from the gorbals back in the day that came hand in hand almost for many growing up so to speak

Addicts I really feel for are those on booze who have ' dealers' on every street corner, supermarkets, grocers etc theres no escaping it for them.
Its always been my belief that the supermarkets shouldnt be allowed to sell booze ( contentious belief perhaps) but it's too widely available for alcoholics, in comparison to users of pretty much any other drug who must go in search of their preferred poison.
Its put the off licences out of business and I thank my lucky stars that's something I can take or leave.

It's a grey area cairnsybhoy that no-one has really ever addressed if even tried to.
Having been there maself same as you , being from the gorbals back in the day that came hand in hand almost for many growing up so to speak

Addicts I really feel for are those on booze who have ' dealers' on every street corner, supermarkets, grocers etc theres no escaping it for them.
Its always been my belief that the supermarkets shouldnt be allowed to sell booze ( contentious belief perhaps) but it's too widely available for alcoholics, in comparison to users of pretty much any other drug who must go in search of their preferred poison.
Its put the off licences out of business and I thank my lucky stars that's something I can take or leave.
Got to agree mate far too easy to get drink for something legal that's so fuckin debilitating for people addicted to it there's not alot of money spent on preventing youngsters from binge drinking or for helping people kick it had a couple of co-pilots in bar coming off the drink one guy In his 60's heavy duty DT'S poor guy was tripping out his nut was fuckin horrible winter a gear rattle is bad but that's another level was a shame wee guy end up over the surgery where he shud have went soon as he hit the reception bastards🤬

Got to agree mate far too easy to get drink for something legal that's so fuckin debilitating for people addicted to it there's not alot of money spent on preventing youngsters from binge drinking or for helping people kick it had a couple of co-pilots in bar coming off the drink one guy In his 60's heavy duty DT'S poor guy was tripping out his nut was fuckin horrible winter a gear rattle is bad but that's another level was a shame wee guy end up over the surgery where he shud have went soon as he hit the reception bastards🤬
Gambling is another mate, I've been in the bookies to pick up a fitba line, put it oan and theres been some poor soul putting notes into the puggys.
I've been lucky say won £30 for a £1-£2 bet and come back two and a half hours later and the same person is still sitting at the same puggy still putting notes in.

Theres the " gambleaware.com" bs and the bookies are meant to not let that happen.

How is some young 18 year old lassie meant to tell an adult thrice her age he has to stop now and get off the puggy?
Likely if that happens someone else will put £1 in and win alm that persons money , and all HELL is a cert to break out its fn horrific

Gambling is another mate, I've been in the bookies to pick up a fitba line, put it oan and theres been some poor soul putting notes into the puggys.
I've been lucky say won £30 for a £1-£2 bet and come back two and a half hours later and the same person is still sitting at the same puggy still putting notes in.

Theres the " gambleaware.com" bs and the bookies are meant to not let that happen.

How is some young 18 year old lassie meant to tell an adult thrice her age he has to stop now and get off the puggy?
Likely if that happens someone else will put £1 in and win alm that persons money , and all HELL is a cert to break out its fn horrific
As my Dad used to say
"I can't drink my pay packet away in 15 minutes on a Friday, but a gambler can lose it all, within that amount of time"
Bless all those who are trying to deal with their demons
There but for the grace...

As my Dad used to say
"I can't drink my pay packet away in 15 minutes on a Friday, but a gambler can lose it all, within that amount of time"
Bless all those who are trying to deal with their demons
There but for the grace...
So true a word D , gamblers get so little in return for their poison.
If its booze ye get hammered, drugs..mad wi it.
Gambling?
The returns are near non existent and often straight back into the houses hands.

I got a log burner booked in for winter, shame they've cancelled the fitting of it 4 weeks in a row

i also got a smart meter fitted recently, spent more time expermienting/watching that than the TV. The most energy is used on power tools, or her rampant rabbit, but that saves me energy you couldn't pay for or wish to pay the price of :rolleyes:
That's a really nice gesture stg and idve loved to have that log burner ....uch you meant the other winter 🙄

Seriously though I was reading that some folk with smart meters will be charged more or the rates go up faster for those who have them, or they wont benefit the same as those who dont have the SM.

I'd need to check exactly what I'm in about here bhuddy.

That Martin Lewis financial guru guy ( his brain must be bursting with numbers btw I wouldnt want his job though it's absolutely great what he does for others).

He was saying that some, not all leccy and gas companies would allow people to " top up as much as possible " before the start of this month and companies such as Bulb ( my provider), octopus and a couple of others wouldnt charge the new higher rate for anyone who is on a prepay meter ( like me) for money that was in the meter before the start of October.
So I went and put £50 in my gas and so far so good though he did say those companies reserve the right to change their mind on this but it was worth the gamble.
So far I've only been charged a few quid and I've had the heating on , baths run etc.

Why those who installed the smart meter dont get this benefit is disgraceful but he said that would be the case.
I chose to have a pay as you go meter for both leccy &gas as my sister did this first and said it worked out cheaper for her, so we all ( rest of family) followed suit and seems she was right about it ( usually is on these things).

I also chose not to get the smart meter installed because you have to plug the bloody thing in and use electric for it to work.
They say it doesn't use much but it still uses some electric that could be better used elsewhere, if only to put a reading lamp for a bit or charge your phone.

Another thing he said ( and hats off to the guy for doing all this research into the million and one different tariffs , variables, on/off peak times and companies etc).

He said that people sitting cold in the house and using blankets, hot water bottles, more layers etc.
They're correct in that....
But, dont sit cold if it means turning your heating on for just 10-15 minutes to take the chill out of the house then do it because the standing charge as of start of October is going to be between 40p-50p per day anyway for both gas and electric.
That's £3.50 gas £3.50 electric standing charge per week for just having the bloody option of using it , £9 a week is a lot £468 per year in standing charges for some and once the tariffs kick in properly then start looking around for better deals.

Tips he gave most of us know but no harm in reminding.
Using the oven?
Turn off the cooker/oven 5-10 minutes from designated time and let the retained heat do the rest and when you're finished open the oven door and use that heat to circulate warm air around the house.

Heart went out to some old guy who called into the Jeremy Vine show with a tremendous tip.
He realised that if he used 1 light bulb in his bathroom/some room he could position a mirror tha would send the light on to another mirror and then he realised he was 1 mirror short so he got another from a charity shop and now 1 light bulb lights his whole flat 😭
Ingenious , but I hope it doesnt come to that for anyone.

Another is if you have a camping stove and left over gas , then use it for little things like soup or tea instead of burning your own supply.

Last edited:
That's a really nice gesture stg and idve loved to have that log burner ....uch you meant the other winter 🙄

Seriously though I was reading that some folk with smart meters will be charged more or the rates go up faster for those who have them, or they wont benefit the same as those who dont have the SM.

That Martin Lewis financial guru guy ( his brain must be bursting with numbers btw I wouldnt want his job though it's absolutely great what he does for others).

He was saying that some, not all leccy and gas companies would allow people to " top up as much as possible " before the start of this month and companies such as Bulb ( my provider), octopus and a couple of others wouldnt charge the new higher rate for anyone who is on a prepay meter ( like me) for money that was in the meter before the start of October.
So I went and put £50 in my gas and so far so good though he did say those companies reserve the right to change their mind on this but it was worth the gamble.
So far I've only been charged a few quid and I've had the heating on , baths run etc.

Why those who installed the smart meter dont get this benefit is disgraceful but he said that would be the case.
I chose to have a pay as you go meter for both leccy &gas as my sister did this first and said it worked out cheaper for her, so we all ( rest of family) followed suit and seems she was right about it ( usually is on these things).

I also chose not to get the smart meter installed because you have to plug the bloody thing in and use electric for it to work.
They say it doesn't use much but it still uses some electric that could be better used elsewhere, if only to put a reading lamp for a bit or charge your phone.

Another thing he said ( and hats off to the guy for doing all this research into the million and one different tariffs , variables, on/off peak times and companies etc).

He said that people sitting cold in the house and using blankets, hot water bottles, more layers etc.
But, dont sit cold if it means turning your heating on for just 10-15 minutes to take the chill out of the house then do it because the standing charge as of start of October is going to be between 40p-50p per day anyway for both gas and electric.
That's £3.50 gas £3.50 electric standing charge per week for just having the bloody option of using it , £9 a week is a lot £468 per year in standing charges for some and once the tariffs kick in properly then start looking around for better deals.

Using the oven?
Turn off the cooker/oven 5-10 minutes from designated time and let the retained heat do the rest and when you're finished open the oven door and use that heat to circulate warm air around the house.

Heart went out to some old guy who called into the Jeremy Vine show with a tremendous tip.
He realised that if he used 1 light bulb in his bathroom/some room he could position a mirror tha would send the light on to another mirror and then he realised he was 1 mirror short so he got another from a charity shop and now 1 light bulb lights his whole flat 😭

Another is if you have a camping stove and left over gas , then use it for little things like soup or tea instead of burning your own supply.
They installed smart meters over here and people were getting some shockingly high bills, by mistake
They have since rectified the problems but it took a while for them to get it sorted
We have gas, hydro (electric) which we pay monthly, on an 'average basis, and we found that was best for us
We have a wood burning fireplace upstairs and gas downstairs, I love chopping firewood, but have to take it easy, due to me being an auld 'person'
The price of a cord of firewood has shot up (4'x4'x8') used to be around $120
Now, some bastards are asking $300-$400 for the same amount
Thankfully my boys are in the construction trades, so they bring us end cuts to augment what firewood we have
Stay safe everyone, we're apparently in for another very cold winter over here
You learn pretty quick, it's not about 'style' you have to wear layers to keep warm
Dilligaf...'King of Leccy'

Using the oven?

You've had your heating on???? Lucky bassa.

They installed smart meters over here and people were getting some shockingly high bills, by mistake
They have since rectified the problems but it took a while for them to get it sorted
We have gas, hydro (electric) which we pay monthly, on an 'average basis, and we found that was best for us
We have a wood burning fireplace upstairs and gas downstairs, I love chopping firewood, but have to take it easy, due to me being an auld 'person'
The price of a cord of firewood has shot up (4'x4'x8') used to be around $120
Now, some bastards are asking $300-$400 for the same amount
Thankfully my boys are in the construction trades, so they bring us end cuts to augment what firewood we have
Stay safe everyone, we're apparently in for another very cold winter over here
You learn pretty quick, it's not about 'style' you have to wear layers to keep warm
Dilligaf...'King of Leccy'
Its not about style you must be auld Dil 😂

I've looked at my leccy account and apparently they're putting £66 in per month for 3 months I think but the people I support are getting £600 into their bank accounts. I don't understand why their need is greater than mine as they have much more disposable income than I have.

Such is life! I wouldn't want their mental health issues for a lottery win.
I did care in the community work for a couple of years it used to niggle me a bit that I was working for less money than the folk I was helping were getting, not that I would trade places with them but everyone should get paid enough to meet the bills and have a bit left over, we pay a garage 30 quid an hour upwards for someone to look after our cars but 9-10 quid now to look after people it’s no fair

I got a log burner booked in for winter, shame they've cancelled the fitting of it 4 weeks in a row

i also got a smart meter fitted recently, spent more time expermienting/watching that than the TV. The most energy is used on power tools, or her rampant rabbit, but that saves me energy you couldn't pay for or wish to pay the price of :rolleyes:
A little hint to save a few quid.Get the burner, fling the "Rabbit" in it, and go the distance.😋😛😝🤪🥴💤

My mates dad was a bookie and I once asked why he didn't bet he said "ask yourself why my dad drives a Bentley " nuf said
And that's one of the morals of the story Marky.
For every user of every poison addiction there's dealers.
Only the dealers who never touch their product are ever successful and make money from others agony and ecstasy.
Those who do indulge end up addicts of their own product.
In that case karma is a bitch.

Youri Baas came oan as a sub for Ajax last night 84th minute when Ajax were losing 6-1 , no lie 😂
Big Calvin Bassey humped the Huns but was found wanting against Napoli tonight
Bayern Munich, and Man City, look 'adequate' too eh ;-)
I watched all the games highlights and noticed that LUNGEstrom was his usual thug self, getting a yellow card for a typical lunge on one of the Liverpool players
And wee Ping Pong, got a red for laying a mark on his opposition, in their game today
Deserved to walk, imho
HH

Big Calvin Bassey humped the Huns but was found wanting against Napoli tonight
Bayern Munich, and Man City, look 'adequate' too eh ;-)
I watched all the games highlights and noticed that LUNGEstrom was his usual thug self, getting a yellow card for a typical lunge on one of the Liverpool players
And wee Ping Pong, got a red for laying a mark on his opposition, in their game today
Deserved to walk, imho
HH
Yet to see the highlights of the night.
Had Tyldesley and Townsend as commentary team, was different commentators at first but lost that stream.
I'm certain that the one I watched , though English were pro rangers anti liverpool by demand.
Could see the brush strokes we have on liverpool during the game, liverpool booing GSTK so they chose rangers as the favoured team to win unashamedly biased, overly excited by the slightest possibility while you had to see it to know liverpool had scored a penalty and doubled their lead they were so downbeat on pool.

Had a stinker half round if the predictor 4pts.
Surprise results , Brugge showing they are real deal dark horses with the 2-0 win over Atleti on the back of away 4-0 at Porto and a 1-0 v Leverkusen.
Inters inconsistent league form out the window as they beat Barcelona 1-0,
Shocked Marseille could beat sporting at all never mind 4-1, liverpool's impressive play amounted to little but still got the 3 points have to feel they could come undone again by better opposition and the biggest shock Ajax 1-6 Napoli , truly never saw that coming thought a draw , strange that the youth CL was Ajax 5-1 Napoli.
Wee ping-pong...did not he get his marching orders for us once in Europe?

Back