Gordon

Craig was harshly treated in my opinion, his downfall was the well let’s just call him the rat , who demanded that we play from the back, which CG just could not do , his distribution was not good which left us up against it in some situations , thus being dropped for Bain and the rest is history , but pound for pound CG is one of the best keepers I have seen at Celtic and if we fail to get FF I would have taken him over Hart or bravo or any of the other shite we have been linked with
Good luck CG and thanks for your service

Craig was a fantastic keeper for us and played a huge part in some wonderful performances. As many have already said, his downfall was the continual insistence on playing out from the back which just did not suit CG, Jozo or Boyata. Although many of us rightly love Boruc, in my opinion I think that FF and CG just edge hi out and are the best 2 goalies I've seen in my near 50 years of supporting the Hoops. Bain is also a fantastic goalie and Stevie Wood must be one of the best goalie coaches in the world.

Thanks Craig, although you are obviously a Jambo at heart, you will always be welcome at Parkhead.

I wonder if he will be one of the few goalies to transition into management?

Craig was a fantastic keeper for us and played a huge part in some wonderful performances. As many have already said, his downfall was the continual insistence on playing out from the back which just did not suit CG, Jozo or Boyata. Although many of us rightly love Boruc, in my opinion I think that FF and CG just edge hi out and are the best 2 goalies I've seen in my near 50 years of supporting the Hoops. Bain is also a fantastic goalie and Stevie Wood must be one of the best goalie coaches in the world.

Thanks Craig, although you are obviously a Jambo at heart, you will always be welcome at Parkhead.

Whit aboot Frank Haffey ;)

Still unsure about Bain. B B.

Still unsure about Bain. B B.
He did really well for us when he came out of the cold. I admit his form dipped just before FF joined but he was carrying a thumb injury which is a bit of a drawback for a goalie. I think when fit again and training with Woods, Forster and Gordon day in, day out for another half year he will be even better. Obviously our coaching staff have seen enough to reward him with a 4 year extension, so that is good enough for me (until he makes a mistake;) ).

Members online

Latest posts

Back