Government buildings to fly union jack continuously under new rules

Jesus Boab Oswald Mosley is hardly representative of the average Brit! Why does everything have to be so extreme?
My grandfather was a forester but got drafted and ended up in North Africa in ww2, 2 things I'm sure of ....
1. I'm sure he wasn't there thinking "need to do my bit for Oswald Mosley"
2. He'd rather have been planting trees in Scotland than getting fucking shot
The Army life was my life for my first 13 years. My father was a soldier for 25 years. As a child I lived in Edinburgh, Germany, Penicuik, Hong Kong and Colchester. When we came back from HK (1974) my Dad decided I should go to a military boarding school Queen Victoria School in Dunblane, which is free for the sons (daughters now too) of Scottish soldiers, sailors and airmen. A terrible place where we were beaten with shoes and forced to take freezing cold showers while a teacher (a now dead Paedophile called Ben Phillips) watched.
When my mum ( she from good Fenian stock) and dad divorced in 1978 my mum rescued me and brought me back to Dundee with her. I went from strict military discipline to a High School in the worst Dundee housing scheme. A real culture shock.
I have had an aversion to all things British since my four years at that school.
Took until my thirties ( and loads o drugs) for the anger and hate to leave me.
We ain’t all bad mate.

The Army life was my life for my first 13 years. My father was a soldier for 25 years. As a child I lived in Edinburgh, Germany, Penicuik, Hong Kong and Colchester. When we came back from HK (1974) my Dad decided I should go to a military boarding school Queen Victoria School in Dunblane, which is free for the sons (daughters now too) of Scottish soldiers, sailors and airmen. A terrible place where we were beaten with shoes and forced to take freezing cold showers while a teacher (a now dead Paedophile called Ben Phillips) watched.
When my mum ( she from good Fenian stock) and dad divorced in 1978 my mum rescued me and brought me back to Dundee with her. I went from strict military discipline to a High School in the worst Dundee housing scheme. A real culture shock.
I have had an aversion to all things British since my four years at that school.
Took until my thirties ( and loads o drugs) for the anger and hate to leave me.
My old man went to that school, his dad died not long after the war leaving his wife with 4 young kids so he got shipped off there to "ease the burden on her" I was never close to him but I don't think he was ever right after the years he spent there. Sorry you went through that Richy.

We ain’t all bad mate.
I know that Rik. I lived in England for many years. (Oxford and Leytonstone mostly) England gave me first real job. My 3 youngest sisters all live in England and my six nieces and nephews are all England supporters.
I never got any hassle from anyone when I lived in England other than the usual friendly banter sweaty sock and my personal favourite, an orses cock. Laughed like fuck the first time I heard that.

I know that Rik. I lived in England for many years. (Oxford and Leytonstone mostly) England gave me first real job. My 3 youngest sisters all live in England and my six nieces and nephews are all England supporters.
I never got any hassle from anyone when I lived in England other than the usual friendly banter sweaty sock and my personal favourite, an orses cock. Laughed like fuck the first time I heard that.
I’m only from down the road to Leytonstone. Spent many an evening in a boozer there. Amphetamines may or may not have been present too!

I’d start off in the walnut tree (spoons so dirt cheap) then off to red lion. Was seeing a dirty bird in the stone years back, great days indeed. Very ‘hipster’ now
Is the Walnut Tree on Lea Bridge Road? I lived right on the corner of Lead Bridge Road and Wood St, Walthamstow across from the TA Barracks. The hoose was full o Derry People who called it the "Ville". The guy who owned it had a property on Leytonstone High Road ( The Arcade) and that was called the "maze".
What a crazy hoose it was man. It got demolished and we got turfed oot to the Maze but that was way madder. That was the beginning o the end of my London days.

Is the Walnut Tree on Lea Bridge Road? I lived right on the corner of Lead Bridge Road and Wood St, Walthamstow across from the TA Barracks. The hoose was full o Derry People who called it the "Ville". The guy who owned it had a property on Leytonstone High Road ( The Arcade) and that was called the "maze".
What a crazy hoose it was man. It got demolished and we got turfed oot to the Maze but that was way madder. That was the beginning o the end of my London days.
Walnut tree is on the high street mate, not far from the Tesco’s and macdonalds (this was five years ago, I assume they’re still there). Walthamstow used to be decent for a booze too. Lived there briefly myself.

As an Englishman of Irish descent I tend to not comment too much on this, but my great granda (an Irishman) fought and died for that flag at the Somme, I personally don’t hate it, but then who am I to tell a Scot or an Irishman how they should think.
for me Celtic is about football, and a proud history of being far more inclusive than those zombie fuckers.
Did he though?
Assuming he was not UVF or one of the many extreme poor Irish already serving in the British army prior to ww1. The Irish like any extreme poor working class, enlisted as there were so few viable alternatives (except emigration) of getting a regular feed let alone an income to feed a family.

It's a dishonour, and a perverse one to assume many Irish fought for a union jack.

It was a long time ago!
How do you actually know for a fact that he a Irishman actually went and fought and died for that or any flag at the Somme?

Members online

No members online now.

Back