Government buildings to fly union jack continuously under new rules

lennono

The union flag should be flown from all UK government buildings every day and councils will be urged to do the same from their premises, ministers have announced, in another apparent escalation of the ongoing flag-based culture war.

So government buildings will fly the UK flag. Big deal! It happens to be the flag that's been used for centuries. The same flag that was flown during wars that our relatives fought in. We didn't fight for Scotland, Ireland or Wales. We fought for Britain. I personally have no problem with it other than the huns using it as it contains their club colours however it doesn't drive me wild like it does others. I know some on here will give me pelters but it's my opinion.

So government buildings will fly the UK flag. Big deal! It happens to be the flag that's been used for centuries. The same flag that was flown during wars that our relatives fought in. We didn't fight for Scotland, Ireland or Wales. We fought for Britain. I personally have no problem with it other than the huns using it as it contains their club colours however it doesn't drive me wild like it does others. I know some on here will give me pelters but it's my opinion.
Suppose its only a flag and why anyway would a flag upset people, some people need to wind their necks in.
1_Screenshot-2020-07-11-at-123100-PM.png

A rather irrelevant response Boab. Whoopidoo! We put up a Celtic flag on a government building for a few hours.
Okay what about the Scottish Government decide and they only fly the butchers apron on royal occasssions fact. Everyday the Saltire flags they even refused the Apron for the peado prince.

Glasgow City Council is not flying the Union flag for Prince Andrew's 60th birthday​

A spokesman for the authority said they have changed their flag protocol as the disgraced Duke of York marks the milestone following the Epstein scandal.

Local authorities have the discretion whether to fly the Union flag on any given day.

I think all flags are bollocks just one more thing that’s used to divide people and set them against each other it starts with countries,race,sexuality,male V female,us V them and all this PC nonsense is taking it to its extreme divide and rule it’s the greatest tactic ever created

It gives me the boke every time i clock one.....just my opinion

We fought for Britain.
Stevie some of our folk were concenious objecters who only wore the uniform and took arms to fight facism, some still harboured memories and knew the history of Britian in their pillaging adventures around the empire,
So not all fought for Britian and in fact when poppy day comes we are reminded they fought for freedom, freedom from a bigger facist force than Britian IMO,and the sad Brits like Mosley and the brown shirts.

Personally I think flying flags is akin to dogs pissin on grass marking their territory. In the six counties you know where you are by flags or lack of flags. You know if it's safe to stop or keep going. The proddy areas are done up like a fuckin Christmas tree and half the cunts don't know the meaning of the flags they're flyin. At least the tri colour represents both sides.

As an Englishman of Irish descent I tend to not comment too much on this, but my great granda (an Irishman) fought and died for that flag at the Somme, I personally don’t hate it, but then who am I to tell a Scot or an Irishman how they should think.
for me Celtic is about football, and a proud history of being far more inclusive than those zombie fuckers.

We fought for Britain.
Stevie some of our folk were concenious objecters who only wore the uniform and took arms to fight facism, some still harboured memories and knew the history of Britian in their pillaging adventures around the empire,
So not all fought for Britian and in fact when poppy day comes we are reminded they fought for freedom, freedom from a bigger facist force than Britian IMO,and the sad Brits like Mosley and the brown shirts.

Jesus Boab Oswald Mosley is hardly representative of the average Brit! Why does everything have to be so extreme?
My grandfather was a forester but got drafted and ended up in North Africa in ww2, 2 things I'm sure of ....
1. I'm sure he wasn't there thinking "need to do my bit for Oswald Mosley"
2. He'd rather have been planting trees in Scotland than getting fucking shot at in Africa.

The Army life was my life for my first 13 years. My father was a soldier for 25 years. As a child I lived in Edinburgh, Germany, Penicuik, Hong Kong and Colchester. When we came back from HK (1974) my Dad decided I should go to a military boarding school Queen Victoria School in Dunblane, which is free for the sons (daughters now too) of Scottish soldiers, sailors and airmen. A terrible place where we were beaten with shoes and forced to take freezing cold showers while a teacher (a now dead Paedophile called Ben Phillips) watched.
When my mum ( she from good Fenian stock) and dad divorced in 1978 my mum rescued me and brought me back to Dundee with her. I went from strict military discipline to a High School in the worst Dundee housing scheme. A real culture shock.
I have had an aversion to all things British since my four years at that school.
Took until my thirties ( and loads o drugs) for the anger and hate to leave me.

Back