Great Goals

Sounds daft but it was the golden age when me and my brothers as a divorced household had a lot of weekend time with the old man and our uncles.
Table for us and table for them at place we went to. Or round at a house.

Me and my brothers loved those days out. It helped that we had the Seville era players.

Lads my age all have the same memories. Bit older and it's the early 90s ...
I've been lucky. Mind getting told that.
I still feel lucky now.
Had enough of the playground 9 in a row shite. 10er for 5er shit. While skint as a kid.

I've been part of a lucky generation

Sounds daft but it was the golden age when me and my brothers as a divorced household had a lot of weekend time with the old man and our uncles.
Table for us and table for them at place we went to. Or round at a house.

Me and my brothers loved those days out. It helped that we had the Seville era players.

Lads my age all have the same memories. Bit older and it's the early 90s ...
I've been lucky. Mind getting told that.
I still feel lucky now.
Had enough of the playground 9 in a row shite. 10er for 5er shit. While skint as a kid.

I've been part of a lucky generation
Ah wiz in Ireland Bobo,playin music and gettin pished! 🍺 🥳

A lovely toe poke.

That Brasil team was world class in 1982

But coz they never won it they will never really be remembered as one of the best Brazilian teams.

But some of the football Zico Socrates Falcao and Junior served up was sublime.

I always remember watching that game as a wee wean but couldn't understand why Rough just stood still whenever Brazilian shoots.

Even if he had dived he wasn't saving any of those goals.

Narey just made them angry :p

No one on the planet could lob like the King of Kings. Happy birthday Henrik. 🥳
It is just incredible that he was wasting away until we bought him. So much talent just being stifled because he just never fitted in. Imagine if Wim the Tim wasn't a club manager at the time? His career could have fizzled out as he became more disillusioned.

He is the reason why I'm willing to give players who have "failed" at their current club the benefit of the doubt to see if they will flourish at Paradise! And give them time to settle in.

I feel honoured to see him grace the Hoops. HH 🍀

Back