Green brigade banner today an embarrassment

Bit hard to not see anything wrong with it , if you think about the carnage, grief and hardship the Tories caused in Ireland, and the fact Rod choose a Ballad to sign and profit from, which is a song depecting an execution tory led squad shooting an Irish leader fighting against tory policies and oppression imposed on him and his countrymen, it kinda smacks of double standards on Rod's part and sort of stinks of using the Celtic fans for a quick buck on the back of hypocripsy. TBH with you i would rather he took his pish elsewhere he is a bit of an embarressment with his drunk shite at the draw and recently at Hampden with Sevco directors, he should simply shut up, grow up and behave himself, we wear our colours with pride and he is simply a fan so he should know better instead of bringing attention to himself.
Boab , have no quibble with most of your post , I fucking hate the Tories , as much as anyone , but rod Stewart getting attacked today is bang out of order, he expressed a choice , not my choice but his , and I don’t slate him for that , it’s his choice , we are a club open to all , we are not the Huns , we are not them , this is how they would react , rod , promotes the club everywhere , he is a fan the same as me and you , this pish about making money from singing grace is laughable , did you buy his album because it was on it ??
Give the man a break he is a good Tim , same as me and you

Voting for Tory,Labour, SNP, or any other candidates is very much like posting on a forum like our own..
It is our choice,our opinion on who we think is best suited to run our country..
As much as I love The Green Brigade I believe they have over stepped the mark by telling the Tories and Rod they are not welcome at Parkhead,,we live in a democratic society where people have freedom of choice,Rod is a Celtic supporter who chose to vote Tory presumably,,this is the same man who we applauded last Sunday for pissing of the hun board at Hampden,,,.
Maybe he made a fool of himself but it was never mentioned by us..
My father in-law voted Tory and I have had a life long ambition to throw him out of my house but surely I need a better excuse than he voted Tory..

HH.

Voting for Tory,Labour, SNP, or any other candidates is very much like posting on a forum like our own..
It is our choice,our opinion on who we think is best suited to run our country..
As much as I love The Green Brigade I believe they have over stepped the mark by telling the Tories and Rod they are not welcome at Parkhead,,we live in a democratic society where people have freedom of choice,Rod is a Celtic supporter who chose to vote Tory presumably,,this is the same man who we applauded last Sunday for pissing of the hun board at Hampden,,,.
Maybe he made a fool of himself but it was never mentioned by us..
My father in-law voted Tory and I have had a life long ambition to throw him out of my house but surely I need a better excuse than he voted Tory..

HH.
I think feelings remain very raw regarding the election result. I've seen a few people over the last few days step back from conversing on the issue for that very reason.
Not sure the Green Brigade are saying they speak for all fans, in fact they have regularly made it clear they don't.. They speak for themselves as an element amongst the support and they probably also saw an opportunity for a dig back at a pop star to used his own influential position as a Celtic fan to have a pop at them. As such they are entitled to respond imo. It's all a bit lame to be honest.
I have a tiresome Marxist father in law. Maybe we could get yours and mine together in a room and they can talk each other to boredom, while the rest of us have a drink and a laugh and try not to take life so seriously.
We could take alternate weekends if you like. That way we'd both get a breather now and then ;)

"Fuck off Rod" in Scotland is a bit different from "Fuck off Rod" anywhere else in the world.

It was a wee slap across the wrist for someone who might not necessarily understand (or will fully experience) the harshness of a conservative government.

Rod made a rod for his own back by taking to Twitter. He expressed himself on a public platform and might have reasonably expected some biteback.

We are (in the main) all Celtic fans on this site and we are not without our moments when tempers get frayed and harsh words are exchanged. That's what happens in life - you can be a "club open to all" and still have disagreements.

I have to agree with Pope Mikus on the standard required to be a Celtic fan though. I'm not referring to Rod Stewart here, but there are certain types of people I don't want anywhere near the club and I think we have to be careful with the "club open to all" mission statement. I will never welcome anyone who is an abuser of vulnerable folk, regardless of their footballing preference.

Can't believe I'm reading all this he's a fan like me and you pish...he wrote a lyric about Celtic in the 70's...never saw him at a match until Fergus gave him a seat for life ..what the fuck has he done to deserve a seat for life? Why not give for example, Paul the Tim a seat for life? He's done more to champion Celtic than anyone and comits his life (and probably) his savings to Supporting us..Rod, only started supporting us when we became successful ...and can fly in when it suits him....fuck him

rod-stewart-and-prince-charles-1525255153-view-0.jpg

I believe that GB were correct today about the banner we have to put up with people on the board like Lord Livingstone who voted with the tories on various bills John Reid War Criminal Now Rod the Tory who was at celtic Park when GB done food collection and never thought of saying Well Done GB who allegedly drunk lay on floor signing u can't beat us then sends message to tories saying we'll done Boris and proclaims celtic fan ballocks did not sign Grace in Belfast just using Celtic name for own use so we'll done GB Fuck off Rod

I believe that GB were correct today about the banner we have to put up with people on the board like Lord Livingstone who voted with the tories on various bills John Reid War Criminal Now Rod the Tory who was at celtic Park when GB done food collection and never thought of saying Well Done GB who allegedly drunk lay on floor signing u can't beat us then sends message to tories saying we'll done Boris and proclaims celtic fan ballocks did not sign Grace in Belfast just using Celtic name for own use so we'll done GB Fuck off Rod

Day and night

I think feelings remain very raw regarding the election result. I've seen a few people over the last few days step back from conversing on the issue for that very reason.
Not sure the Green Brigade are saying they speak for all fans, in fact they have regularly made it clear they don't.. They speak for themselves as an element amongst the support and they probably also saw an opportunity for a dig back at a pop star to used his own influential position as a Celtic fan to have a pop at them. As such they are entitled to respond imo. It's all a bit lame to be honest.
I have a tiresome Marxist father in law. Maybe we could get yours and mine together in a room and they can talk each other to boredom, while the rest of us have a drink and a laugh and try not to take life so seriously.
We could take alternate weekends if you like. That way we'd both get a breather now and then ;)
Nial , respect your opinion and the quality of your posts, but on this one I disagree , they do think that they speak for all , watch the SMSM latch on to this , it will be all over the headlines tomorrow , making it look like they speak for all been going to CP for 30 years before they were even a twinkle in there daddy’s eyes , we survived before and we will survive after

Rod Stewart left himself wide open to this when he mouthed off about the green brigade. They were just waiting for the first chance to get back at him and rightly so. The fuckin wanker should make up his mind which side he's on instead he's running with the hare and hunting with the hound as this recent story shows

Nial , respect your opinion and the quality of your posts, but on this one I disagree , they do think that they speak for all , watch the SMSM latch on to this , it will be all over the headlines tomorrow , making it look like they speak for all been going to CP for 30 years before they were even a twinkle in there daddy’s eyes , we survived before and we will survive after
Fair enough TT. I don't think they do. I think they have their own strongly held beliefs but I don't think they believe they talk for all of us. They have very strong political/social views and they air them. They have a fame and notiriety that they use now to suit their agenda. You are quite right they will be reported and SMSM will latch on, and what they do tends to be reported as Celtic fans and not just the Green Brigade but I'm not certain they view themselves as talking for you and me, just the Green Brigade. They'd like us all to be persuaded by them I'm sure but no more than that imo.

Can't believe I'm reading all this he's a fan like me and you pish...he wrote a lyric about Celtic in the 70's...never saw him at a match until Fergus gave him a seat for life ..what the fuck has he done to deserve a seat for life? Why not give for example, Paul the Tim a seat for life? He's done more to champion Celtic than anyone and comits his life (and probably) his savings to Supporting us..Rod, only started supporting us when we became successful ...and can fly in when it suits him....fuck him

My old man would agree with you Docco. He cant stand the guy. He says "where the fuck was rod and his millions when the wolf was at the door in the 90s"

Members online

Back