Green brigade banner

If that had been displayed at at game as it would have been in better times it wouldn’t have caused so much of a stir but because there’s empty stadiums and they’ve had to do it the way that they have it stands out like dugs baws on a budgie they have every right to express their opinion but it’s been amplified by circumstances

I tell you what - if the players don't come out tomorrow all huns blazing fighting for their manager, their fans and themselves, after today's stunt then we will know for definite that Lenny has lost the dressing room. This should be just the incentive needed to ram those words down their throats (as if a huge salary, personal pride and a competitive drive shouldn't already be enough). I'm sure as hell if I was NFL then they would be fired up and ready to run through brick walls for me when they entered the pitch.
Must admit BB didn't really have that much interest in tomorrow's game as I feel we have given ourselves bit of a mountain to steep to climb and also can be also out of our control.
But as always would watch the match but with far more interest as you said it, let's see the response from the players

If that had been displayed at at game as it would have been in better times it wouldn’t have caused so much of a stir but because there’s empty stadiums and they’ve had to do it the way that they have it stands out like dugs baws on a budgie they have every right to express their opinion but it’s been amplified by circumstances
doubled over :ROFLMAO:
i'll never look at my maws budgie the same

The GB do some good things but are also capable of getting it wrong as they have done on previous occasions. I think we can all understand their frustrations the way things have gone this season,they displayed a banner at Lennoxtown before the rangers game and Elyounoussi said they didn't have to do it as the players knew what they had to do (obviously not considering the performance we got) and things haven't improved much but to put the banner up outside Celtic Park wasn't great but I can understand why they did it they are it as the only way they see to get the attention of the board, not saying I agree with it but as I said I can understand their action. Will it make any difference to what is going on at present who knows one thing is for sure it did let the board know that fans are not happy with what we are seeing

I totally agree with the Green Brigade statement. I’m pretty ambivalent regarding the banner, at best it’s crass but in the current circumstances where and how are the supporters able to get their concerns across to a board who don’t listen. Not only do they not listen but they don’t communicate with the support either, other than when they want money from you. The banner/statement comes in a communication vacuum at the club. Nobody from the board have come out in support of the manger, merely a few leaks to ‘friendly’ journalists and a wee nudge to friends of Lennon to flood the media narrative.
The anger, articulated by the GB, Is widespread amongst a large section of the support, its inevitable given 4 months, 21 games of mainly gutless, sub-par performances. A squad of very talented players, easily the strongest in the country, totally lacking in organisation, structure and fitness.
The root of the problem isn’t Neil Lennon, he is merely the manifestation of it but he doesn’t help himself with his pre and post match press conferences when he spouts disengenuous drivel. His press conference today was another example of this, as was the captains.
Maybe the banner should have said
‘Save The Ten - Time To Go Neil/Peter/Dermot (delete where appropriate)’

The GB do some good things but are also capable of getting it wrong as they have done on previous occasions. I think we can all understand their frustrations the way things have gone this season,they displayed a banner at Lennoxtown before the rangers game and Elyounoussi said they didn't have to do it as the players knew what they had to do (obviously not considering the performance we got) and things haven't improved much but to put the banner up outside Celtic Park wasn't great but I can understand why they did it they are it as the only way they see to get the attention of the board, not saying I agree with it but as I said I can understand their action. Will it make any difference to what is going on at present who knows one thing is for sure it did let the board know that fans are not happy with what we are seeing
Everyone understands and shares the GBs frustrations but what theyve done has piled more pressure onto the team and staff and left the club wide open to attack from all quarters. My beef with the banner isnt about lenny and his so far underperforming side, but rather the uncouth delivery of a damaging message. I dont think it was thought through properly, if it was then anyone could see the damage it would inflict. We are Celtic supporters and we are, I believe, of a higher stature than most other clubs in the world. Our supporters are legendary , from record attendances in Europe, uk to Lisbon and Seville more recently Rome this isnt the Celtic way I've grown up with and doing it on Celtic way makes my blood boil however well intentioned it was a bad mistake. Sevco might lose one of their next league games or even draw one. We've played 13 games lost 1 drew 3 not great but not out if it not by a long shot.

All points of view here have credibility he can turn this round he can reduce the gap between us and the Zoids but and here’s the other side will he can he. Does the dressing room support him is it broken beyond repair That’s the issue IMO sadly
Can’t see it the style of the Team after Dubai was great beat all in front off us
Has gone the way of the Dodo
This current Team has no Identity no Style no players giving more than was asked of them and worse no Fight for the Jersey they wear. And like Bridie Bhoy hope I am way off the Mark and NFL does turn things round But Cannot see this happening.
Never felt this low since the 90’s watching the EBT cheats win.
Think we need a new leader and quick smart.
Just breaks ma heart it’s no NFL.
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀

Everyone understands and shares the GBs frustrations but what theyve done has piled more pressure onto the team and staff and left the club wide open to attack from all quarters. My beef with the banner isnt about lenny and his so far underperforming side, but rather the uncouth delivery of a damaging message. I dont think it was thought through properly, if it was then anyone could see the damage it would inflict. We are Celtic supporters and we are, I believe, of a higher stature than most other clubs in the world. Our supporters are legendary , from record attendances in Europe, uk to Lisbon and Seville more recently Rome this isnt the Celtic way I've grown up with and doing it on Celtic way makes my blood boil however well intentioned it was a bad mistake. Sevco might lose one of their next league games or even draw one. We've played 13 games lost 1 drew 3 not great but not out if it not by a long shot.
We’ve played 21 competitive games this season, lost 4 drew 3, that’s a third of our games not won. We’ve dropped 9 points in 13 league games, last season we dropped 10 points in 30 league games. Whichever way you cut it we are massively underperforming and there are no signs the manager knows how to change it. If anything it’s getting worse. Not out of it maybe but given our advantage in quality of players and financially, not out of it is a good summary of how far we’ve fallen since 8 months ago when last season finished. We should be a lot closer than 11 points behind, even taking into account games in hand.

Most of us i read on here are against the banner unfurled against our manager. Less so those who agree. Free speach is allowed nowadays whether we agree or not. The issue for me is the way it was done, never in my life supporting Celtic have I seen a manager treated this way. It is disgusting and so so wrong to be doing that at any time let alone now. You play into the hands of a media who just love to see celtic supporters in this light. Best supporters in the world, while for the majority that's true but the minority have pulled us all down with their antics. How much longer do we let the minority keep taking us down, imo we the majority have to get a grip of the so called ultras and get them to tone down their humiliating antics. What manager after seeing that banner thinks of us now I shudder to think. I'll finish with a plea to the Green Brigade think very carefully before you act. Put brains in gear first before opening mouths. All I ask is let's all act like true celtic supporters and follow the team through good and bad times. Hell we've came through worst. HH YNWA 🍀🍀

Most of us i read on here are against the banner unfurled against our manager. Less so those who agree. Free speach is allowed nowadays whether we agree or not. The issue for me is the way it was done, never in my life supporting Celtic have I seen a manager treated this way. It is disgusting and so so wrong to be doing that at any time let alone now. You play into the hands of a media who just love to see celtic supporters in this light. Best supporters in the world, while for the majority that's true but the minority have pulled us all down with their antics. How much longer do we let the minority keep taking us down, imo we the majority have to get a grip of the so called ultras and get them to tone down their humiliating antics. What manager after seeing that banner thinks of us now I shudder to think. I'll finish with a plea to the Green Brigade think very carefully before you act. Put brains in gear first before opening mouths. All I ask is let's all act like true celtic supporters and follow the team through good and bad times. Hell we've came through worst. HH YNWA 🍀🍀

We’ve played 21 competitive games this season, lost 4 drew 3, that’s a third of our games not won. We’ve dropped 9 points in 13 league games, last season we dropped 10 points in 30 league games. Whichever way you cut it we are massively underperforming and there are no signs the manager knows how to change it. If anything it’s getting worse. Not out of it maybe but given our advantage in quality of players and financially, not out of it is a good summary of how far we’ve fallen since 8 months ago when last season finished. We should be a lot closer than 11 points behind, even taking into account games in hand.
Nobody's saying different about our results and performances this season but where we were penalised for breaking covid19 protocols they were fined. I dont believe that banner wouldve been on display had we played and won the 2 in hand and the difference was 5pts. Either way that's going off subject a bit gary we're talking about the distasteful manner that our manager was attacked by our own. All are entitled to opinion but we dont all drag it up to Celtic way and give ammunition to the enemy who are circling like vultures round the broken glass left by the GB when their bottle crashed

Members online

Latest posts

Back