Green brigade banner

Winter

For all the good the green brigade do I am shocked to see that banner on the front steps of paradise this morning. Lenny should get the chance to put things right he deserves it. You can say that the clubs bigger than a person or persons and youd be right it is. Neil lennon is a different story though, I'm not saying hes bigger than the club , course not but he certainly deserves better than this. I feel ashamed to have witnessed that against one of our most legendary figures in our complete history. People arent bigger than the club they ARE the club all of us together and to me this is an appalling act by the green brigade against a man who has suffered more than most in the cause for Celtic FC. The hatred , the bullets in the post now from our own a very public slap down, the kind I'd expect from across the city. Its disgraceful, distasteful and totally the wrong way to go about it. I dont claim to know exactly how to go about it, thankfully I don't work for the club or the betterment of 6 or 7 million supporters worldwide feel good factor but I know that this isnt the way. I feel it with every fibre that is wrong and it sends out the wrong message in a big way, bottles are crashing around Celtic park. Doesnt everyone know it if they didn't already. If that banner simply said "winter no longer welcome here" it would break my heart for ever, Neil Lennon? Neil Lennon is a person who has served us with great distinction and above. The green brigade dont speak for me with that banner I'd hope that the majority of the Celtic family condemns this as not the Celtic way. ☘

I canny believe so many are giving in we wont win our games in hand if we're letting the players know we want the manager out the players will just sit back n wait for the change instead of trying to fuckin win these games it's far too early for this pish tbh

Sorry but Neil needs to go.
That's not the point it's the banner in front of the stadium that is wholly wrong, there are procedures and targets , reviews etc to get rid of neil Lennon if required. It's not up to the green brigade unless I missed something overnight they are a small minority of Celtic ultras that do a lot of good. This act has done a lot of harm , the fallout is potentially much more dangerous than losing the ten , we are fighting to keep or get best value for or players how exactly does that banner help anyone connected to celtic? No if it helps anyone its those across govan way. Ill thought out and Ill advised action when especially there are no names even In the pipeline bar WGS and he'll be looking at the banner thinking 'do I want to do as Neil did , step in save the title and then if as lennon says the main stars want out so they go , do I want to be the next pariah? No he wont fancy that who would? This makes things worse not better and I'm ashamed of it myself

For all the good the green brigade do I am shocked to see that banner on the front steps of paradise this morning. Lenny should get the chance to put things right he deserves it. You can say that the clubs bigger than a person or persons and youd be right it is. Neil lennon is a different story though, I'm not saying hes bigger than the club , course not but he certainly deserves better than this. I feel ashamed to have witnessed that against one of our most legendary figures in our complete history. People arent bigger than the club they ARE the club all of us together and to me this is an appalling act by the green brigade against a man who has suffered more than most in the cause for Celtic FC. The hatred , the bullets in the post now from our own a very public slap down, the kind I'd expect from across the city. Its disgraceful, distasteful and totally the wrong way to go about it. I dont claim to know exactly how to go about it, thankfully I don't work for the club or the betterment of 6 or 7 million supporters worldwide feel good factor but I know that this isnt the way. I feel it with every fibre that is wrong and it sends out the wrong message in a big way, bottles are crashing around Celtic park. Doesnt everyone know it if they didn't already. If that banner simply said "winter no longer welcome here" it would break my heart for ever, Neil Lennon? Neil Lennon is a person who has served us with great distinction and above. The green brigade dont speak for me with that banner I'd hope that the majority of the Celtic family condemns this as not the Celtic way. ☘
Well said Winter.

👏👏👏👏👏

I canny believe so many are giving in we wont win our games in hand if we're letting the players know we want the manager out the players will just sit back n wait for the change instead of trying to fuckin win these games it's far too early for this pish tbh
That's one example (only one) of the serious damage this quite frankly stupid idea of a banner can cause. Who gave the green brigade the right to do this dont they see at least in hindsight how ill thought out this was ? If they do they should condemn 'some members' type statement .

I will ask 3simple questions

1) would you like to see lenny replaced?
My answer yes

2)would you sign an one line petition asking for his removal?
My answer, would never put my name against turning my back on one of our own.

3) Do you have any confidence in this board in there discision making?
My answer, none whatsoever to the degree that they may be taking us for eegits

Overall very disappointed at how things have panned out so far, but all the while I have breath in my body I will never give up on the fight against scum has not been lost yet

I will ask 3simple questions

1) would you like to see lenny replaced?
My answer yes

2)would you sign an one line petition asking for his removal?
My answer, would never put my name against turning my back on one of our own.

3) Do you have any confidence in this board in there discision making?
My answer, none whatsoever to the degree that they may be taking us for eegits

Overall very disappointed at how things have panned out so far, but all the while I have breath in my body I will never give up on the fight against scum has not been lost yet
All fair points john you get it , this is not how we behave , they are the idiots the zombies who were calling for slippys head not even a year ago. Its unbecoming of the Celtic family to act in this way, if city win their game in hand they will be 5or6 pts of the top and sit mid table are they calling for the head of pep? No it's too early for that just as it is here but even if now was the right time for a change this is not how it's done, the green brigade ( who I greatly admire for their work with the food banks, homeless and foundation) do not decide when CELTIC change manager and neither do any of us.

I must admit I am entirely conflicted on all of this.

Did I appreciate Lenny's efforts and contribution to a huge amount of success as a player/captain? Absolutely. Was I happy with the league titles we won in his first stint as manager? Yes. Was I disappointed in several poor showings in the cups? Yes. Was I ecstatic when he managed us to the greatest glory I've witnessed when our depleted team beat Barca on our 125th birthday - you better believe it.

Was I happy when he stepped in to help deliver us another treble after Rodgers sneaked out? Yes. Did I want him to be made manager on a permanent basis? Not really. Did he prove me wrong by delivering us history last season? Yes.

Am I happy with the often dire performances this season? No. Am I happy with some poor results in Europe this season? No. Am I happy with us getting dominated by sevco during the last few meetings? Definitely no. Do I want Lenny to guide us to even greater history this season? Yes. Do I think Lenny is capable of delivering even greater history this season? Possibly not. Do I want a new manager next season? Yes.

Do I think that the GB have a right to express their opinion in this way? Yes, as they cannot show their dissatisfaction in stadiums after games. Do I like the GB expressing their opinion in this way? Absolutely not.

Will I still consider Lenny to be a Celtic legend after this season no matter if he guides us to failure? Yes.

I guess what I am trying to say is that there is a lot of complex feelings going on for me just now. I really want Neil to manage us to success, but at the moment I have doubts as to whether or not he is capable of pulling things back, but I hope I am so very wrong.

I must admit I am entirely conflicted on all of this.

Did I appreciate Lenny's efforts and contribution to a huge amount of success as a player/captain? Absolutely. Was I happy with the league titles we won in his first stint as manager? Yes. Was I disappointed in several poor showings in the cups? Yes. Was I ecstatic when he managed us to the greatest glory I've witnessed when our depleted team beat Barca on our 125th birthday - you better believe it.

Was I happy when he stepped in to help deliver us another treble after Rodgers sneaked out? Yes. Did I want him to be made manager on a permanent basis? Not really. Did he prove me wrong by delivering us history last season? Yes.

Am I happy with the often dire performances this season? No. Am I happy with some poor results in Europe this season? No. Am I happy with us getting dominated by sevco during the last few meetings? Definitely no. Do I want Lenny to guide us to even greater history this season? Yes. Do I think Lenny is capable of delivering even greater history this season? Possibly not. Do I want a new manager next season? Yes.

Do I think that the GB have a right to express their opinion in this way? Yes, as they cannot show their dissatisfaction in stadiums after games. Do I like the GB expressing their opinion in this way? Absolutely not.

Will I still consider Lenny to be a Celtic legend after this season no matter if he guides us to failure? Yes.

I guess what I am trying to say is that there is a lot of complex feelings going on for me just now. I really want Neil to manage us to success, but at the moment I have doubts as to whether or not he is capable of pulling things back, but I hope I am so very wrong.
They have their platforms to say things as they see it , this comes across as how the Celtic supporters see it and that's not true. If they had the backing of the mainstream supporters I'd suggest they wouldnt have to take such an extreme action. I agree with everything in you're post , this was wrong however well intentioned its misguided and only causes more problems, helps no-one connected to Celtic

They have their platforms to say things as they see it , this comes across as how the Celtic supporters see it and that's not true. If they had the backing of the mainstream supporters I'd suggest they wouldnt have to take such an extreme action. I agree with everything in you're post , this was wrong however well intentioned its misguided and only causes more problems, helps no-one connected to Celtic
Agree with you 100 %on this matter winter even though I may not agree with you on your support of lenny as our manager.
I was still not totally convinced about the boards support of lenny with 3 huge banana skins to overcome within Europe, and on current form I am half expecting us to be embarrassed yet again somewhere along the line.
We all know this board can be as fast as a slow wet week in prison on there decision making.
So where know would that leave us on any possible replacements?
I would say they would say thanks but no thanks for the time being.
I can only conclude that the GB have done more to help lennys cause than to demise it now.
And that is certainly not how I would have liked us to handle this situation and agree 100%with you on more harm potentially been done than good

Attention seekers 🤦‍♂️

Agree with you 100 %on this matter winter even though I may not agree with you on your support of lenny as our manager.
I was still not totally convinced about the boards support of lenny with 3 huge banana skins to overcome within Europe, and on current form I am half expecting us to be embarrassed yet again somewhere along the line.
We all know this board can be as fast as a slow wet week in prison on there decision making.
So where know would that leave us on any possible replacements?
I would say they would say thanks but no thanks for the time being.
I can only conclude that the GB have done more to help lennys cause than to demise it now.
And that is certainly not how I would have liked us to handle this situation and agree 100%with you on more harm potentially been done than good
I was never for lenny after the seasons end I only support him because he is the Celtic manager and I know as well as anyone something must change and soon. I dont see how the banner helps in that respect.

We spoke on Sunday Winter about opinions and agreed we were all entitled to our opinion.
I did,nt see the banner and to be honest I dont think I want to,you know I am not a Lenny fan but this is not the way he should be treated.
He stated today that Lawwell and the board were behind him,why have they not made this public ??.
I believe they will hang Lenny out to dry if push comes to shove,tomorrow nights game is probably the worst scenario he could have faced,if we get beat tomorrow night he will be roasted again especially when Sparta are saying they have 8 players out.
Having said that Winter the wee man does himself no favours he is telling us how well he thinks he has done since he took over from Rogers,a guy in his position should in my opinion be humbling himself not bumming about what he has done since he came back in,has nobody told him he is only as good as his last effort..and that is what has put him in the position he is in today..
His biggest problem is not the fans,his biggest problem is the silence from the people Lenny say,s have his back,I wish I could tell Lenny NEVER to turn his back on the people he thinks have his back..
Look what happened to Caesar,,BOTH of them.

HH.

The green brigade are good at what they do. Charity work. Noise. Colour. But to hang a banner at Celtic Park aimed at lennon, I think, is out of order. They don't represent the whole celtic family but they are the most vocal and most likely to be heard. Where is their banners concerning res 12? Where is their banners aimed at lawwell and DD. "Don't sleep at the wheel" is that it?? Use your fucking voice to fix major problems at the top of the club. This banner only weakens us. What they've done is massively different to us bitching about lennon on a forum. They have created an open season for the scum and their press to start causing chaos within the club that me be irreparable...and the timing!!! When the media were actually focusing on the scums finances they go and create a distraction...

I was never for lenny after the seasons end I only support him because he is the Celtic manager and I know as well as anyone something must change and soon. I dont see how the banner helps in that respect.
That's grand winter and I respect that totally.
On the bigger picture a total overhaul of the club will be needed at the end of the season regardless of how this one pans out.
I have no crystal ball but would say lenny won't be in charge, at least 8 current players will no longer be seen in a Celtic Jersey, but most of all that PL gets his bags packed amongst others.
So a massive job is on the horizon for someone and action's like today can hardly help that cause.
I know if I was in the running as a potential replacement I would now be in the wait and see catorgory as who will really want the job if the 10iar wasn't secured with the level of discontentment there will be about.
After this season our expectations may well have to be lowered for this total rebuilding project takes place, but we won't care if a 10iar is secured along with a quad treble.
That is why I am so shocked and disappointed at the decision of the board by cranking up the pressure
On the current and taking such a huge risk on the future, and sadly I am so furious at the GB for hardly helping matters.
We are celtic supporters foremost not board members

I am with you 100% on this Winter absolutely shameful but at least it will resonate with their counterparts on follow follow and the bear pit and give them hours of endless fun as they watch our apparent disintegration with glee

Members online

Latest posts

Back