Green brigade songbook

Anton you have your reasons but sometimes you sound like a mad ragin hun.

Maria, perhaps you could direct me as to how YOU would prefer me to state my opinion?

I find the singing of pro-IRA songs an embarrassment to our club.

If that makes me sound like a mad raging Hun, to you, then so be it. Honestly, I couldn't give a toss what you think about me or my views.

There is not one thing or one person who can make me change that belief, it is deeply ingrained in my psyche.

WTF the IRA has to do with Celtic shall remain a mystery to me.

Deliberately attempting to avoid unnecessary confrontation: the mixed messages that come from yourself - TET et al - are bewildering.

You claim to be faithful Celtic supporters, in terms of the values of the club we all support, yet at the end of the day you tend to come across as fascist, dictatorial and tyrannical.

TET expressed an opinion that he always viewed the PIRA as "the good guys". Have you any idea how naeve and insulting that is in the overall context of recent historical terms?

There are times when those who reminisce about the PIRA would be be better off singing about the blue, misty hills of Tiree whilst downing copious amounts of Irn Bru in America.

It's as though those of us who speak out against certain aspects of the GB are heretical, Hun and lesser Celtic supporters than you.

The GB lack humility and restraint when criticism is levelled at them from within our own ranks. In my mind, there are times when they are anti-Celtic through their actions.

Maybe one day we'll actually get one of their rank and file to join this debate and answer the main queries many would like to understand.

Personally, I don't want our club associated with the IRA, in whatever guise the GB deem acceptable to them.

Raging Hun or pragmatist?

Again, irrespective of how you view me, I won't be changing my mind.

I shall continue to speak out about pro-IRA chants at our games. I don't like them, I see no need for them and I'm embarrassed by them.

As stated, I believe no one can justify them.

Certainly, to date, no one has even come close to making me change that viewpoint one iota. I can't see that changing anytime soon.

OMG.

As a believer in God i find it offensive when you say IF GOD like he doesn’t exist and im stupid for believing in him.

I as a rc find it offensive being a believer.

Jog on and cheerio

Why are you annoyed by someone saying, "If God". No God exists as far as I'm concerned and couldn't care less who believes in any God.

Looks like you're jumping on one 'offended bus' after another, Maria.

How can you be accused of being 'stupid'?

You've been brainwashed since birth. The fault is not yours.

Personally i think rebel songs are part of a bygone era and have no place in football. If you want to sing them then go ahead in the privacy of your own home or with like minded friends in a private venue.

Apart from a few well educated individuals i would bet this months mortgage and my left nut that most folk have no idea regarding the history behind the origins of the songs

Reactions: TET
Personally i think rebel songs are part of a bygone era and have no place in football. If you want to sing them then go ahead in the privacy of your own home or with like minded friends in a private venue.

Apart from a few well educated individuals i would bet this months mortgage and my left nut that most folk have no idea regarding the history behind the origins of the songs

Sums it up perfectly, for me!

Betting by using your left nut - unadvisable, D ?

Why are you annoyed by someone saying, "If God". No God exists as far as I'm concerned and couldn't care less who believes in any God.

Looks like you're jumping on one 'offended bus' after another, Maria.

How can you be accused of being 'stupid'?

You've been brainwashed since birth. The fault is not yours.

And your still banging on about it Anton... yawn

Many people hear the name IRA and their first thoughts are the bombings in the 80s they don't relate it to the uprising of 1916 and therein lies the problem. A lot of the songs relating to the uprising will most likely be regarded as folk songs in years to come as they are celebratory and story telling. My family come from the North and had exposure to the goings on in the bad times and hope they never arise again but admit their is still an undercurrent of mistrust

Last edited:
Many people hear the name IRA and their first thoughts are the bombings in the 80s they don't relate it to the uprising of 1916 and therein lies the problem. A lot of the songs relating to the uprising will most likely be regarded as folk songs in years to come as they are celebratory and story telling.

Agree with that. But, what have they got to do with Celtic FC today. And how do they inspire the team? And why do Celtic ask for them not to be sung? I know in my heart that sadly for me it will continue. Where the only Celtic songs sung are in a tiny minority, like Sunday, where we played great, but watch the game again and it’s all about the IRA. Bobby Sands, BBB etc.

I can’t see the players getting a lift from them. At away games they now outnumber Celtic songs and at home, the majority of the crowd don’t join in.
Anybody who attends home games can vouch for that.

I just feel they do nothing to back the team or lift them. We have many songs that can and do that. Why not sing them?

Last edited:
Reactions: TET
Many people hear the name IRA and their first thoughts are the bombings in the 80s they don't relate it to the uprising of 1916 and therein lies the problem. A lot of the songs relating to the uprising will most likely be regarded as folk songs in years to come as they are celebratory and story telling. My family come from the North and had exposure to the goings on in the bad times and hope they never arise again but admit their is still an undercurrent of mistrust

100% agree with you dmac

We have to remember what we don’t want to get what we do want.

A peaceful free ireland where catholics and protestants can live side by side and get on safely.

HH ☘️

Agree with that. But, what have they got to do with Celtic FC today. And how do they inspire the team? And why do Celtic ask for them not to be sung? I know in my heart that sadly for me it will continue. Where the only Celtic songs sung are in a tiny minority, like Sunday, where we played great, but watch the game again and it’s all about the IRA. Bobby Sands, BBB etc.

I can’t see the players getting a lift from them. At away games they now outnumber Celtic songs and at home, the majority of the crowd don’t join in.
Anybody who attends home games can vouch for that.

I just feel they do nothing to back the team or lift them. We have many songs that can and do that. Why not sing them?

I attend home games anton but i cant vouch for 60000 souls can you really?

Coz thats a miracle

You have a talent for knowing the majority ??

Coz thats a miracle

You’re mixing the Huns up. That wasn’t Anton. You can tell by the volume and watching the people all around you. It comes from primarily the GB. Section but it isn’t totally joined in with. If you go, you will know that, but you only see what you want to see. Or hear what you want to hear. You talk of wanting peace in Ireland. Talk me through how that will happen by holding on and singing about past wrongs on both sides?

No chance. The only way is reconciliation and that will never happen when we still stay in our trenches singing about old wrongs. I’m nit suggesting for a minute that terrible things are happened, they did, but peace will never be achieved by stoking fires of old wrongs.

You’re mixing the Huns up. That wasn’t Anton. You can tell by the volume and watching the people all around you. It comes from primarily the GB. Section but it isn’t totally joined in with. If you go, you will know that, but you only see what you want to see. Or hear what you want to hear. You talk of wanting peace in Ireland. Talk me through how that will happen by holding on and singing about past wrongs on both sides?

No chance. The only way is reconciliation and that will never happen when we still stay in our trenches singing about old wrongs. I’m nit suggesting for a minute that terrible things are happened, they did, but peace will never be achieved by stoking fires of old wrongs.

North stand 106. You?

No
North stand 106. You?

You never answered my question. Talk me through peace and how that will happen? I had a season book for 15 years at Nirth Stand 111 beside where the GB now are. I go to games now at various times when I can make it at various places around the stadium and it is not a full support join in. Are you saying it is?

No

You never answered my question. Talk me through peace and how that will happen? I had a season book for 15 years at Nirth Stand 111 beside where the GB now are. I go to games now at various times when I can make it at various places around the stadium and it is not a full support join in. Are you saying it is?

What are you talking about?
Ooft

Coz thats a miracle

Already asked you, time and time again, to show me examples of where I claim to speak for the majority.

Time and time again you have failed to do so.

I'm going to block you now as you've now provided two of the most infantile replies I've had to date on this forum.

You keep yourself wrapped up snugly in that world of opposites in which you live.

I'm confident enough within myself and the real world I live in ?

What are you talking about?
Ooft

Ooft Indeed. It’s never the full stadium joining in and peace will never occur in Ireland where people refuse to let go of the past.

Peace needs compromise. You have shown you are incapable of that. You can’t take criticism of anything you believe. It offends you. That attitude will never lead to anything other than continued division.

Already asked you, time and time again, to show me examples of where I claim to speak for the majority.

Time and time again you have failed to do so.

I'm going to block you now as you've now provided two of the most infantile replies I've had to date on this forum.

You keep yourself wrapped up snugly in that world of opposites in which you live.

I'm confident enough within myself and the real world I live in ?

I clearly showed you the posts where the great anton speaks for the majority.

You are a grade A chicken nugget who would be best suited at the nugget dome.

I dont think you are a celtic fan

Ooft Indeed. It’s never the full stadium joining in and peace will never occur in Ireland where people refuse to let go of the past.

Peace needs compromise. You have shown you are incapable of that. You can’t take criticism of anything you believe. It offends you. That attitude will never lead to anything other than continued division.

I said Ooft because section 111 isn’t beside the Green Brigade.

Section 111 IS THE GREEN BRIGADES SECTION

I clearly showed you the posts where the great anton speaks for the majority.

You are a grade A chicken nugget who would be best suited at the nugget dome.

I dont think you are a celtic fan

You love to insult people don’t you? Maybe you should go back tonthat blog site where that’s ok. Unbelievable intolerance you show in every post you put up. If people don’t agree with you, their either a hun or mental. Maybe it’s you who is mental and can’t have a discussion without becoming abusive? Have a wee think about that.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back